Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #1

Hawk 250 HP and Highway use

I am planning on getting a hawk 250cc over a Japanese bike for the price. My goal is to create a bike that tops out at 75mph and cruises at 65mph. To do this I will do the following.
(Disclaimer: I am a newbie and I know that this seems impossible but I think it is do able)
I did the reasearch and have figured out that people are getting 55mph for a top speed. So I hav used a calculator and figured I need a 10hp increase to get 55mph to 75mph for 200lb rider
Mods to get 75MPH
-New Exhaust +3
-New carb +2
-New sprocket + 5mph
-New transmission (Why don't people do this more often??? The hawk should have the same HP as the honda but the honda has +20mph on it. The only difference is the 6th gear. Can I add a new transmission to get that speed? Remember I'm a noobie)
-Airbox mod +5mph
-New Road only wheels +5mph
Now I know the transmission may sound stupid but why can't it be done. It would be a great improvement!! Why couldn't you just upgrade the engine?

Also if people who maxed out their hawk could give their weight ( yes i know) and max speed so I can average the actual HP of the hawk. If you do I will post results on this thread.

Also are there any other dual sport bikes that can go an actual speed of 75mph for under $2500?

Tags
dual sport, hawk 250, hawk 250 specs, highway, horsepower