Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #46

I am not sure what race you were watching Krasi ,but I didn't see Tomac try to take dungey out at all ,Tomac wanted to win and was determined to do so ,and for a change it appeared Dungey wanted to win as well and was pushing hard for a change .I can honestly say that I had not seen any dirty moves by either dungey or Tomac this entire season .I haven't heard what happened to Marvin ,other than he was buried in the pack for the race ,and what about the dirty hit on Reed by another of dungy's henchman ?.
The 250 final race wasn't so clean though ,very dirty move against the Kawasaki rider to take the championship .

Old 05-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #47

Jason Anderson rides for Team Husqvarna not KTM so he didn't have anyone's back but his own. Dungey rode harder than I have ever seen him ride. Although I was pulling for Tomac, mad respect goes out to Dungey for not settling for 3rd or 4th spot to secure the championship but riding his heart out and laying it all on the line to also win the race. I can only imagine what Team KTM was thinking when Dungey was riding harder than he had to risking everything. We definitely got our money's worth with both mains last night. Hate that it's over.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #48

What if NASCAR starts to allow intentional wrecking to capture the points? Great idea right?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #49

Next up, the isle of man TT races. I believed 5 were killed last year

https://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info.aspx
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-08-2017, 02:18 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
Jason Anderson rides for Team Husqvarna not KTM...
And Husqvarna is owned by who?

Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I am not sure what race you were watching Krasi ,but I didn't see Tomac try to take dungey out at all ,Tomac wanted to win and was determined to do so ,and for a change it appeared Dungey wanted to win as well and was pushing hard for a change .I can honestly say that I had not seen any dirty moves by either dungey or Tomac this entire season .I haven't heard what happened to Marvin ,other than he was buried in the pack for the race ,and what about the dirty hit on Reed by another of dungy's henchman ?.
The 250 final race wasn't so clean though ,very dirty move against the Kawasaki rider to take the championship .
From what I hear, in the post race press conference Tomac admits he was riding in such a way so that the pack can catch them up, and hoping for a pile up to take Dungey out. How else can we explain the fact that we have both Reed and Grant in the top 5 all of a sudden?! Do you really think that in a normal race, both Tomac and Dungey would allow any rider to pass them two or three times for the leading position? Especially considering that in the previous say 13-14 races the leader finishes with a lead of at least 10 seconds (or thereabouts)?

And in his first, and probably most "honest", words right after the race, Dungey himself mentioned his surprise about the "cheap shots" he had to endure.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #52

I guess I can give Tomac an award for creatively trying to execute a win ? My point was he didn't try to run him over or knock him down ( like the 250 class ) ,just hold him up so the others can cause him some grief .
Stephen Pierer owns half of ktm and all of husqvarna since 2013 ,the two bikes are not quite the same but do share lots of technology and the riders on husqvarna have commented many times about the help and support they receive from the ktm team .You can bet the husky team was given orders to watch ryans back .

Old 05-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I guess I can give Tomac an award for creatively trying to execute a win ? My point was he didn't try to run him over or knock him down...
Well, the passes Tomac made weren't exactly clean, but the more knowledgeable folks quote that "rubbing is racing", and I'm sure he could have t-boned him straight and square like Mike Allessi did a couple of years ago to Broc Tickle in Toronto (I think). Still, it seems a cheap way to try to win a title, but then again I'm not a champion in any sport, so I can't judge - it just didn't seem OK to me, that's all.

As for Osborne and Savatgy, I think it's all Savatgy's fault. I don't know what happened to him, but trying to win a title by holding 7th or 8th place with nails and teeth while Osborne is coming like a freight train seems strange to say the least. May be the nerves got him or something, but he was definitely riding like an amateur and not like a factory pro rider, and definitely not like himself as far as I can tell.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi_BG View Post
Well, the passes Tomac made weren't exactly clean, but the more knowledgeable folks quote that "rubbing is racing", and I'm sure he could have t-boned him straight and square like Mike Allessi did a couple of years ago to Broc Tickle in Toronto (I think). Still, it seems a cheap way to try to win a title, but then again I'm not a champion in any sport, so I can't judge - it just didn't seem OK to me, that's all.

As for Osborne and Savatgy, I think it's all Savatgy's fault. I don't know what happened to him, but trying to win a title by holding 7th or 8th place with nails and teeth while Osborne is coming like a freight train seems strange to say the least. May be the nerves got him or something, but he was definitely riding like an amateur and not like a factory pro rider, and definitely not like himself as far as I can tell.
250cc main....So when going to the outside as savatgy was in that take out, you are inviting trouble from the field. And also, as the ruts develop, sometimes they have to commit to the line that takes them. There is so much to this game, and the rules are constantly changing as the course dictates