Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #46

New top speed!

Today I hit 120km/hr (74.56 MPH). Still had a little throttle left, but didn't want to run up onto the car ahead of me. This is of course speedometer speed, not GPS verified. However, I'm comparing to my previous top speed last week of 112km/hr (69.59 MPH). I only changed the oil to synthetic when I hit 1000km (I'm at 1350km now). I hope the new filter and jet mod will get me to the 130km/hr (80MPH). (or maybe a little jet engine on the rear rack would do it.)

The front wheel was a little squirrelly, but I just figured the front fender was catching a lot of air. Then I remembered a recent post that the tire air pressure might do that. Seems I never had checked my air pressure in the front wheel. It didn't even register on my gauge. It is now up to 32 PSI, but I'm pulling the wheel and changing the tube and tire before the next attempt. The valve stem isn't straight up in the rim right now and I don't trust it anymore.

I will need to remove some electrolyte from my battery as well. Some turkey over filled it before it was installed. It's way over the max fill mark. It keeps dripping acid on the frame and stripping the paint.

Other than that, I got my new JCWhitney large size rear trunk. This thing is the cats ass. I already have it full of junk. Its great!

The new windshield comes next week. Bracket system on the handle bars 11"x15" I think, clear. $80.00 CAD
Comes off in 30 seconds, or faster if you hit a tree.

One more thing. A local bike shop (http://www.1coolride.com) is having a BBQ for their clientèle on Saturday here in Barrie, ON. They will be letting everyone dyno their bikes. I don't know anything about it, but it sounds cool. I will post the results.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #47

Looks good! When you get your windshield fitted, post a thread with pics. This can go in the parts thread for add-ons.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #48

Brainsquishy
where did you get your bike? (ontario) and if i can ask how much it was and any problems getting it on the road
i am looking to get a bike
hanks

Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by radad
Brainsquishy
where did you get your bike? (Ontario) and if i can ask how much it was and any problems getting it on the road
i am looking to get a bike
hanks
I got the bike at All Wheels Motor Sports in Concord, ON (www.allwheels.ca) for $1,899.0 plus tax. They could have done better if I got someone else to buy as well. The PDI (putting it together) was poor. Several items almost immediately fell off or dangled. They seem to have over filled the battery or didn't check it. The staff also seemed to argue A LOT!

Not real impressed them so far.

I have been trying to convince a great dealer in Barrie to get more chinabikes and sell them at a reasonable price, but they seem a bit to greedy right now. They sell a 150 DS for $3,000.00 (ouch) I'm going to try and get them to acquire one of the new 400cc bikes coming into the US right now.

You can read my post on plating the bike here: http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ght=hsun#48659

Where are you located if I may ask?

All the best!
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #50

Windshield

Here's the new windshield. Installed with a small additional bend in the bracket. I just stuck the bracket into a hole drilled into a wooden work bench and applied just enough pressure to bend it about 10 degrees so it fit into the slot between the headlight faring and the gauges and clock.

Make: motovan.com
Model: M100 71-900

It seems to look not too bad. I should have gotten the M300 version though. That one is 2.5" taller. I'm 6'1"+ and it's a tad too short I think. I'll see if I can stretch it.

http://www.motovan.com
It's in the Cruisers 08-09 catalogue on their site.

I bought mine from http://www.1coolride.com in Barrie, ON Canada.
I told them they "might" get some orders from other interested chinariders.

I'll do a highway test tomorrow and report.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #51

So I'm at 1850km now. Just about all of it is street.
However, I joined an off roading club and went out to an event. I hooked up with some of the event volunteers (all 35 plus yrs old) and went on my first Hare scramble, single and double track run.
Holy crap, can these guys ride. I hung out at the back of the pack while they waited at the end of each leg for me to pop out of the bush. I wiped out 3 times. Came real close another 3 times.
The bikes I rode with where all 450 -650's with tons of power, and there was me with my little 200cc Chinabike. They where typically polite (as we are here in Canada, most of the time).
I do have to say that if I could actually ride like them, the 200cc would have kept up.
I did crush my cell phone though. My handle bar bag dropped down between the bars and the tank. Bye bye Motorola Q.

This type of riding means high revs for me, and I have since developed a few issue worth noting here.

A) The stock tires are garbage. The knobs are tearing from the tire. They are down right dangerous in mud and almost as bad in sand. I put on Some good ones with heavy duty tubes, front and back.

B) The front fender bends well in a wipe out.

C) The left cargo rack/side-plastic mount broke off. This didn't happen during the off road ride, It's just so flimsy it snapped. I will have it welded and beefed up on both sides.

D) The engine seems to be running a little rough. There is also more engine vibration. I am going to check the spark plug to see what colour it is. The engine mounts have not loosened so I don't know why it would be doing this. There also seems to be a very slight power loss. Any suggestions?

E) The right side-plastic is showing a crack from the middle top and is working its way down. How do you reinforce the plastic to stop the crack?

F) Got my new seat cover from katoranger. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again buddy. I'm going to tone down that beeping signal when the seat comes off.

I will post some pics of the cracking tires tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
If you are basing that advice on posts read here, don't believe it. There is not "shipping oil" in these bikes. I have never even heard of such a thing. It is a cheap oil, no doubt, but it is fine for initial break-in. I'm sure if there was, then the bikes would come with a big "CHANGE THE OIL BEFORE RUNNING: SHIPPING OIL IN ENGINE" warning sticker. Can't believe everything you read on the internet 8O .
Agree. I've never heard of "protection oil". If there was such a thing, the maker would run the engine for a few minutes during test and then drain it and filter it to be re-used on the production line.
I believe we're in the realm of the Urban myth here. A minority say that it's a straight grade of oil and perfectly usable during running-in.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #53

Re: New top speed!

That bike looks really nice with the dual exhausts out the back...kinda KTM'ish...congrats!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #54

Make sure the idle is set around 1500rpm.as you know I ride the HSUN Gy as well and it seems to run smoothest when set at 1500 +- 150 at idle.....hows your oil are you running low?.I agree the front fender is alot stronger than it looks on this bike.cant say the same for the rear though!
Also what blend of gas are you using?

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #55

I will check the idle latter tonight, after my little ones go to sleep.

Today I had the broken carrier mounting tab welded. ($20.00)
I also really like my new tires. Maxxis. Seem to provide much better road traction.
I am pretty sure my engine is not running as well as before my dirt biking adventure. It is definitely "missing" and loosing power in the higher revs and when I roll off the throttle.
I pulled the spark plug and it is kind of whitish. Not tan or black. So that would mean it is running lean, right?
So what am I suppose to do now?

Also, I will be doing some carbon fibre work on the plastics. Rear fender where it mount to the carrier bolts (shared), Left side plastic to rebuild the bolt hole for the carrier mount and rear fender. Lastly the right side plastic, as it is cracking at the mid point. I have plenty of carbon fibre and epoxies. I just need to find the one that bonds to plastic the best.
I will post pics of my handy work latter on.

I think a bunch of the vibration was the plastic as it busted free from the mounting bolts.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #56

I ordered four replacement NGK sparks of ebay to the specs in the HSUN manual.hopefully they are not knock-offs......Yeah I did a bit of light off roading and the bike started acting a bit funny after.I think it rattles more than just the bolts out on these.....I wouldnt do too much of that if I want to keep riding on the street!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
I ordered four replacement NGK sparks of ebay to the specs in the HSUN manual.hopefully they are not knock-offs......Yeah I did a bit of light off roading and the bike started acting a bit funny after.I think it rattles more than just the bolts out on these.....I wouldnt do too much of that if I want to keep riding on the street!
Hey there my ENIGMATIC friend, what was the spec/model number, for the plugs. I think I'm going to get one from crappy tire and change mine out. Might help some.

How do i fix a lean problem?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #58

lean at idle/ adjust screw.
Lean at WOT/ rejet.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 AM   #59

The idle is quite fine. So is start-up.
Since I have a PZ-30 carb, any hints on where I would get a new jet and pod filter. And what size would I get?

I suppose I should disassemble the carb and look.
Canadian sources?

Thanks again guys.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #60

Standard spark for these is D8EA......I had a mechanic tell me mine was foul and he said he has never seen this type on any car or bike.he was wrong the plug is fine.....I can never find much at crap tire so I just went to ebay.let me know if you find a good spark at CT and I can just go there from now on.