Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Welp scratch the two sport bikes. I asked around at a couple shops to determine the true costs of what it would take to get them on the road...yea...lets just say the numbers made the bikes not such good deals after all. However i visited the local HD dealer today as well and got approved for a bike. So the next couple days will determine what comes home from there.
Make sure you get them to get good bearings (Triple Tree/Steering Head/Front Wheel) and make sure it actually has grease inside them for your new HD bike... a lot of "Death Wobble" being reported lately on Harley bikes... my $$ would be on cheap/inferior bearings with no grease on a heavy ace bike...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #572

Daaamn that 2nd vid is scary

Old 07-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #573

HD has went down hill the past decade. The second vid, it looks like the rider hit the front brakes and went down hard. I'm not sure he survived that long slide on his arm, shoulder, and side of the face. I'm not sure how much weight he had on the rear, but weight and soft rear suspension can cause the same effect. I have experienced the light front end wobbles before, super scary.

Also, a rear tire going flat will have the same affect at high speeds.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:06 AM   #574

I will watch those vids in the morning. But what i ended up getting was a 2001 Harley Davidson Softail "Deuce". I bring it home next week after they give it an out of province inspection so i can get it plated in Sask.

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 07-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #575

I've only experienced the "Harley wiggle" mostly on the fat Harleys with the reverse triple trees (FLH)....and only when pushing them WAY too hard. After all, it's a cruiser, right? I think if our LEO's are needing more of a pursuit rig, they should probably look past any cruiser, regardless of brand.

BTW-A simple dampener fixes wiggle the problem.

Darkrider, nice ride! I've always liked the smoother lines of the Deuce in the softail lineup.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #576

Quote:
I've only experienced the "Harley wiggle" mostly on the fat Harleys with the reverse triple trees (FLH)....and only when pushing them WAY too hard. After all, it's a cruiser, right? I think if our LEO's are needing more of a pursuit rig, they should probably look past any cruiser, regardless of brand.

BTW-A simple dampener fixes wiggle the problem.

Darkrider, nice ride! I've always liked the smoother lines of the Deuce in the softail lineup.
Thanks man, Still getting over the fact that i am actually a Harley owner now lol. Been like that for the past couple days ever since i got told i was approved. It helps that this particular Deuce has some further upgrades on it so i got a nice solid start. It has Stage one performance upgrades. the windshield (which i suspect may end up coming off) along with the floor boards and foot controls which make it very comfortable to ride. They will need to adjust the shifter so my toe catches it properly. The previous owner was a lady who i suspect wore boots with heels on them as the shifter was adjusted high and i had to move my foot till it was almost to my ankle to properly upshift.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 07-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #577

Got a jug of walmart supertech 10w30 full synthetic and a fram syn filter for scoobie, a new 2ga starter cable for lil bogie, and a stuffed crust pizza for dinner....

Should be interesting, never run full syn, never run walmart oil....LOL but $17 for a 5qt jug of full syn is hard to pass up....LOL

Old 07-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #578

Speaking of walmart

I like the charge percentage readout, let's you know it's working

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumache...arger/46167059

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-08-2017, 07:55 AM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I like the charge percentage readout, let's you know it's working

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumache...arger/46167059

Nice. I have an older one that has become my go to.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #580

My old harbor freight one(which i burned up on engine start) only had 50 a engine start. This has 100a and digital readout . Hope this is a good one paid about 80 bucks out the door.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #581

I have a big old Snap-On wheeled unit for when that becomes necessary.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 07-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #582

Hey guys!
Not bike related at all, but I picked myself up a Focus ST ST3 a couple of weeks ago. Kind of an impulse buy (I'm really good at that!), but it's a lot of fun! Traded off my year and a half old Jeep Patriot on it. My Patriot was a decent rig, but as plain jane as they come and I wanted something a little sportier with some niceties... Like AC! Lol
Haven't picked up anymore bikes, might someday though.
Anyhow, just wanted to say hi, I don't post much anymore, but I do check in fairly regularly to see what's new and exciting. Cheers guys

Old 07-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #583

picked up a decent little 1.5 a battery tender style charger in preparation for the Deuce yesterday. I will get a pic of the charger tomorrow. what i like about it is the fact it has detachable leads which will allow me to leave leads on each of my vehicles and just plug it into them as needed. But at $50 for the charger itself some of my older stuff will get dedicated chargers bolted under the hood.

plus i bought an older Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T60 laptop, a 500 gb WD "Blue" hd and an HD caddy that replaces the dvd drive to give said laptop dual HDs. Got it mostly to set up with either Window 7 or 10 and have it as a back up laptop for work instead of bringing my Macbook Air to work.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #584

Today was another fun filled day of spending $$... just shy of 1,000 miles on the new Subaru Forester XT so it was time for the first "Break-in period oil change"...

5.0 quarts of Castrol 0w-40 European Car formula + 0.4 quarts LubeGard Bio-Tech Engine Protectant and Mobil 1 75w-90 + LubeGard Gear Protectant for the differentials... also bought and installed the AEM intake the other day, I have gold heat reflection tape to install on the AEM intake/heat shield but it was getting HOT today and I was done working on the car

Reason I added LubeGard, it has LXE (Liquid Wax Esters) that help coat metal parts and it also help in transferring heat better then most synthetic oils being sold today...

Engine Oil temps before lubegard: 221 degrees F (constant) with spikes of 223...

Engine Oil temps after lubegard: 214 constant, no spikes yet, even with several miles of hooning about

Was well worth the $$ to lower the engine oil temps about 4%

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #585

A complete gauge cluster for the Maggot. Guy was asking fifteen for just the bezel, which I need, but wanted just twenty five for the whole thing. Why not?

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800