Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #571

Sure Lego, but my pics aren't the greatest. I'll post a few as I find them, but my wife will have better shots; it'll take some digging.

We docked at Ocho Rios and then got in a Land Rover bound for a ranch that rented horses, quads and dune buggies. We ripped up the mountain, and this is the view at the top:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #572

Thanks Weldngrind. That's awesome, I would of never guessed that you could rent quads in Jamaica. I'd like to visit someday and or take a cruise in the Carribeans, but in reality I'm not sure if I ever will get a chance so if the Mrs Weldngrind comes across any pics, post them up. What time of the year did you go?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #573

It was around this time of year, and it was part of a cruise. We joined some friends and spent a day in Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Jamaica was my favourite by a long shot.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #574

Played in the dirt today.

The little green tractor is a 1966 JD 110 with a David Bradley Walk Behind tractor hood and is powered by a CHINESE 10hp yanmar clone diesel. I took it for a spin and its pretty neat to roll coal with a garden tractor.

Click the pic for a slideshow. I only had my phone to take pics.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #575

That is a really cool little tractor. 8) I bet it pulled, um, like a tractor with that diesel. Sorry, that's all I could come up with.

Looks like that tractor event was a lot of fun. I'd love to get involved in the local tractor club, but it would mean owning one. Mrs. Weldangrind would not approve.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #576

Here is My Picture of the Day - 1st Day out with the NEW Q

Rode around by the Lake:

Andrew

Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #577

Blimey Andrew, you post bits and pieces all over the place in different threads, we cannot keep track of you! And now I see you finally sorted it all out and got out for a run at long last?

Wherever did you post that bit of information and what about how you fixed the carbie? Don't tell me I've got to hunt through all the different forums to find them?

Whatever, very good to see you are mobile and hopefully happy!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #578

Here ya go Jape - Sorry - My Issues were complete stupidity on my part - Many lessons learned - Here ya go

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...11598&start=45

Andrew

Old 03-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #579

Thanks mate, I enjoy your posts and i have been every bit as dumb,we all have. I've been much dumber in fact but I am not going to own up to putting diesel in a petrol engine am I?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #580

OUCH! - I bet that was costly! I am just glad my tinkering didn't get the best of me - Just time, and again - Lessons learned. At least I can say I know how that carb all goes back togather, and I even learned a few tweaks as well!

Andrew 8O

Old 03-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That is a really cool little tractor. 8) I bet it pulled, um, like a tractor with that diesel. Sorry, that's all I could come up with.

Looks like that tractor event was a lot of fun. I'd love to get involved in the local tractor club, but it would mean owning one. Mrs. Weldangrind would not approve.
It is really a cheap hobby. I have very little invested and the girls like it. I think I forsee a diesel swap on the sears. The JD was nice, but I don't like the drive systems on those.

Here is a video. I am in the red shirt with the sunglasses about 50s in.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #582

I'm on the diesel JD in this one.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #583

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old pick of me helping my buddy checking out his 3/4ton chevy truck off road. 36" tall tires. could have fit a lot bigger.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

It is really a cheap hobby. I have very little invested and the girls like it. I think I forsee a diesel swap on the sears. The JD was nice, but I don't like the drive systems on those.

Here is a video. I am in the red shirt with the sunglasses about 50s in.
Sweet little Cub! Can you imagine plowing an entire field with one of those?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 AM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj
Old pick of me helping my buddy checking out his 3/4ton chevy truck off road. 36" tall tires. could have fit a lot bigger.
Yeah, I'd say those front wheelwells are suitably clearanced.