Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I have an original Raspi-PI 512mb speed with 1gb memory.Cool little computers. I plan to do more messing about with them in the future.
This is the Pi 3, Quite the interesting little unit. I paid $195 for the entire set up which got me a SNES retro controller, the clear case, 32 gb SD card, Logitech K400 keyboard/touch pad. And the Pi itself of course. Plus it is loaded with Raspbian, Leka (Game emulator) and LibreElec (Kodi). I plan on buying another one of the same kits next month to use as a media center in my living room. I will probably see about a different case for that one of course lol. Might also look at getting one of the Pi Zeros to play with as well.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #527

A new windshield for the 1992 Honda Accord (thanks to hail the size of grapefruits/softballs) $252 with taxes and fees, and I will probably buy a 2017 or 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring to replace our 2009 Subaru (might be "Totaled" due to the same hail storm... front and back windows smashed out, looks like drunk angry teenagers went to town on the body with hammers of various sizes )... just waiting for the insurance to get back to us on when the claims agent will be out to look at things...

My mom borrowed our Subaru for a few weeks while my older brother had her car, and while it was parked at work on Monday, several tornadoes north of town (carpenter/casper area of wy) tossed hail and 99% of the vehicles in that parking lot up in cheyenne was totaled by the storm

The 1% of those vehicles that survived had anywhere from 1 to all broken windows and a little to no hail damage on the body from being built like a tank (real thick metal)

Crazy stuff!

Oh...

I also bought a can of Brake Cleaner and a 12 ounce bottle of DOT 4 brake fluid... after the hail storm the Honda wanted to toss a ABS "check engine" code (codes 1 and 2 being flashed)... had a look at the ABS res and it looked a little low, topped it up with a few ounces of fluid and tried to bleed the system of any air pockets... was a no go... ABS pump would click" but no "whining" sound from the motor actually working...

Take apart the ABS system after safely bleeding the pressure from the system, and I find a nice chunk of rust/debris clogging a passageway (probably dislodged after I bled the system with fresh fluids a few months back)... pull out the "Carburetor Cleaning Wires" and opened said passageway... finished by cleaning it up with a spritz of Brake Cleaner and compressed air to quickly/safely dry the part...

Re-fill the ABS res and begin to bleed the system of air... once it's bled of air bubbles, I made sure it was between the Min / Max lines... remove ECU and BACK fuses for at least 30 seconds, disconnect the neg battery terminal for a few minutes... put everything back together and start the car...

Check to see if ABS light is still on, it wasn't , drive around and find a dirt road with little to no traffic to test everything... get up to a fast but safe speed and slam on the brakes... the ABS works... job complete total cost... ~$6 and maybe 45 minutes to a hour worth of work to diagnose/fixing/testing the fix

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:45 PM   #528

A combination electronic speedo and tach to replace the failing and inaccurate speedo on the Ural. Has about a half dozen features I'll never use; gear and neutral indicator, fuel gauge, hi beam, turn signal. But for $26 from Amazon, I'll give it a try.
https://www.banggood.com/12000-RMP-L...-p-972677.html

If this doesn't do the trick, the guy I bought the CX Hall Effect ignition system from in Australia has started making electronic speedos. I've been working with him on doing something for the Ural as just a basic speedo with odo and trip. We've pretty much decided that a one-off for the Ural would be cost prohibitive. The Ural cut outs for the odos do not align with Japanese standards and would require a completely new 3D printing program to make it work. So, Plan B. Plan B would be to copy the Ural speedo faceplate on vinyl, apply it to a Japanese standards faceplate he will supply, and cut the vinyl at the new location.

As a last resort, a new Ural speedo. $42 and a 10 minute install. Fingers crossed that one can get 30k kms from it before it goes nuts.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 AM   #529

Gsm to go on tracfone

Moto g 4 plus 5.5 inch
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...us_xt1644.html

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
A combination electronic speedo and tach to replace the failing and inaccurate speedo on the Ural. Has about a half dozen features I'll never use; gear and neutral indicator, fuel gauge, hi beam, turn signal. But for $26 from Amazon, I'll give it a try.
https://www.banggood.com/12000-RMP-L...-p-972677.html

If this doesn't do the trick, the guy I bought the CX Hall Effect ignition system from in Australia has started making electronic speedos. I've been working with him on doing something for the Ural as just a basic speedo with odo and trip. We've pretty much decided that a one-off for the Ural would be cost prohibitive. The Ural cut outs for the odos do not align with Japanese standards and would require a completely new 3D printing program to make it work. So, Plan B. Plan B would be to copy the Ural speedo faceplate on vinyl, apply it to a Japanese standards faceplate he will supply, and cut the vinyl at the new location.

As a last resort, a new Ural speedo. $42 and a 10 minute install. Fingers crossed that one can get 30k kms from it before it goes nuts.
I have it on my bike. You can make the Speedo dead on with gps just have to figure out the sensor placement. My taco quit working about 2 months or so of use but good while it lasted. Everything else still works on mine. Watch the cylinder setting ...it is said that if you choose multiple cylinders it won't allow you to revert to single cylinder setting. Just an fyi.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I have it on my bike. You can make the Speedo dead on with gps just have to figure out the sensor placement. My taco quit working about 2 months or so of use but good while it lasted. Everything else still works on mine. Watch the cylinder setting ...it is said that if you choose multiple cylinders it won't allow you to revert to single cylinder setting. Just an fyi.
Thanks for the heads up, BB. Read the cylinder bit on every unit like this listed Amazon and there is a boatload of them. Was setting up the tach much of a headache? I've read the online manual and I've done some head scratching trying to translate Chinese English into Americans. I'm guessing I can probably locate the speedo sensor where the TT sensor is currently at.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Thanks for the heads up, BB. Read the cylinder bit on every unit like this listed Amazon and there is a boatload of them. Was setting up the tach much of a headache? I've read the online manual and I've done some head scratching trying to translate Chinese English into Americans. I'm guessing I can probably locate the speedo sensor where the TT sensor is currently at.
On my bike the tacit wire was the same blue white tracer (or opposite) that mystif spoke about on the hawk going into the engine by the front sprocket.. But of course your results will vary and you will aproach yours with a plan. I just start probing and cutting wires till i got the results. I posted a thread on it and had a picture with all the wires sticking out everywhere.

It quit working on a 5hr ride one day. Like others, just need the odometer. Have fun this weekend...too bad y'all have been hitting 95 up there. We are at 99 today.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:49 AM   #533

What's a dead rego Pete ? I have three of those bikes , will be building up two of them for backwoods fishing this summer

Old 06-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
What's a dead rego Pete ? I have three of those bikes , will be building up two of them for backwoods fishing this summer
dead rego.... it is no longer registered for the road , if you don't re-register it every year
after a year of no rego it drops off the computer has to be re vinned , new plates
etc.. just a hassel having it done.. re inspected .. not a issue as long as it's road worthy
and everything works as it should...

i think I need a police form stating it's not stolen being a used bike..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 06-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #535

I think there is an echo in Petes part of the world today

Old 06-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I think there is an echo in Petes part of the world today
it's been silenced....

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #537

Our new car!!! it has officially been decided on today... going with a Subaru Forester XT Touring (2.0 turbo) over the Outback 3.6R Touring

~$33,000 before taxes for a fully loaded Forester XT Touring ... and you all know me by now... soooo I will need to add:

AEM Cold air intake and a COBB V3 Accessport tuning device... think it was another ~$900 I'm going to spend on upgrading my brand new car

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 AM   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Our new car!!! it has officially been decided on today... going with a Subaru Forester XT Touring (2.0 turbo) over the Outback 3.6R Touring

~$33,000 before taxes for a fully loaded Forester XT Touring ... and you all know me by now... soooo I will need to add:

AEM Cold air intake and a COBB V3 Accessport tuning device... think it was another ~$900 I'm going to spend on upgrading my brand new car
Is this first new vehicle?

Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Is this first new vehicle?
Nope, have bought several "brand new cars" (0 to 40 test drive miles on the ODO) from the stealerships

Old 06-21-2017, 12:57 AM   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Nope, have bought several "brand new cars" (0 to 40 test drive miles on the ODO) from the stealerships
Well enjoy the smell.

I still have my first new 00 silverado