Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #496

Whelp, looks like a multi week vacation happening. Most, if not all, clients are blocking vendors for the foreseeable future.

As I told Harold on Friday, I have plenty to do but no one will let me do it.

Thanks for the links, jacaquarie. Interesting reading.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #497

we got the word Friday that we're on Work-From-Home status. my wife teaches pre-school, so she's probably going to get extended vacation along with you.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #498

March break starts tomorrow for our schools ,Friday they extended it by three weeks .

Old 03-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #499

Well, this is a new one. Because the entire field staff, sales and service, are under house arrest, some moron at Beaufort felt we should also be on reduced pay. That idea lasted less than half a day. Our phones ring whether we are on the road or on the couch. To a one, the field staff turned off the phones, but not before changing voicemails to say we weren’t available and to please call the moron with their needs.

That SOB was swamped all day.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #500

Another good one that I argued today, from the comfort of my easy chair in my living room. Before that happened, though...

Production promised a machine would ship last Tuesday. Wednesday, I get an early morning call, asking me how to bleed something on the machine that hasn’t shipped yet. Guy that called tells me that he thought that was how it was done, but the lead drug addict said that’s not how I showed him how it was done. I’ve only built two hundred fifty of these machines between 1997 and 2017. Meth Head has attempted three since 2018 and screwed each those up.

A couple minor text messages yesterday, asking for parts ID and where to mount them on the still not shipped machine.

Today, a flurry of text messages regarding required load, lube, and dimension plaques on the still not ready machine. Harold sent the list to be added to the BOM, along with photos where they are to be attached and the stockroom locations. Meth head mounts the one lube plaque, shown mounted next to the hydraulic tank sight gauge in the photo, on the damn cab door. Then he tells my shadow that the other plaques are out of stock and we can’t get anymore because the vendor no longer exists. JHC. I quit texting and got on the phone with my shadow and gave him the bin locations for the rest of the plaques, which he found. I then got on the phone with Harold and asked WTF? He’s pissed off, too. He gave written instructions, with photos, to both the CE and Meth head. Meth head saying the vendor is out of business (He ain’t) had both of us smoking. Then we both got the Illannoy Stay At Home news at the same time. He told me to crack open that new bottle of Scotch and try to have a quiet weekend.

We are both looking into the possibility of mandatory on site drug testing at that circus.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #501

you just can't make this shit up.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #502

Somebody was thinking for once.

"In order to reduce costs during these troubled times, we will no longer be providing uniforms for factory and field service staff."

YAY! I hate those damn things. I won't wear them because they are frickin' uncomfortable, they are summer weight which does us guys up north no good, and I know my damn name.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 03-31-2020, 08:07 AM   #503

LOL Cheesy, only reason i like the uniform service we have (not the shirts, those are polyester sweatbox baggies in the summer and nipple chafers in the winter) is the fact that my greasy stained jeans (we had the option of dickies style pants or jeans, i opted for jeans) dont destroy the washer and dryer at home...LOL

Old 03-31-2020, 08:51 AM   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
LOL Cheesy, only reason i like the uniform service we have (not the shirts, those are polyester sweatbox baggies in the summer and nipple chafers in the winter) is the fact that my greasy stained jeans (we had the option of dickies style pants or jeans, i opted for jeans) dont destroy the washer and dryer at home...LOL
Field guys are going to coveralls.
One of my customers gave me a box of Tyvek coveralls to use when I was working on the first flustercuck last year. A veritable sauna in the summer, yes, but they aren’t the crummy company uniforms that just didn’t fit right. Also don’t come with my name on them. I can pack a couple of those in my tool bag. I got the okay to order what I need, when I need.

Also, as a remote employee, I would have been washing the uniforms anyway, if I’d ever bothered to bring them home from Beaufort.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-07-2020, 07:00 PM   #505

Well, at least I still have a job.

Everyone got hit with a 10% pay cut effective April 1-15. From April 16, and for the duration, the pay cut goes to 20%. Which translates to a four day workweek. I kind of expected it. Something needed to be done. There is a great wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from the hourly folks. The salaried folks are taking it in stride.

That was yesterday. I was actually in the field and put in thirteen hours.

Today, I learned that Meth Head drove the still not shipped machine into a wall. When I was told that, I said he needed to have the mandatory drug test after an vehicular mishap on or with company property.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #506

we're going to be cutting contractors in order to save employees. cutting back on work to be done. who knows what other "cost savings" will be coming.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #507

So much for a four day work week. I told everyone I would be off today because I will be working in the field tomorrow. Frickin’ phone is still ringing.
Next Monday, I have to be in Hell, I mean Beaufort until Thursday night. Fly home Friday. Following week will be in CO.
Spleen will be vented next week.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #508

Just tell them you are running a fever ,have a headache ,are super tired ,and you have booger’s flying out of your body ,guaranteed several weeks off and you won’t have to prove it .

Old 04-23-2020, 08:22 PM   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Just tell them you are running a fever ,have a headache ,are super tired ,and you have booger’s flying out of your body ,guaranteed several weeks off and you won’t have to prove it .

Save for the fever, that's a normal spring morning.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #510

Did my fifth day of my four day week today. On top of that, I was subjected to a political rant most of the day by the operator of the machine I was working on. Finished the machine and went to see the guy whose name was on work order. Told him it was a good thing we owed him what I did or there would have been a massive ‘Aggravation Fee’ attached to the bill for the three hour tirade I had to listen to. He apologized and said the guy is an absolute pain to be around but he is a fantastic operator. Just said that the next time I come by to please find him somewhere else to be.

On the plus side, I am back to a real five day week and full pay starting on Monday.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800