Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #31

The local fire department was out on Sunday, helping residents of Clayburn Village in Abbotsford place sandbags. It has rained really heavily here in the last few days. We even had a thunderstorm last night.

I'm really grateful that I live on higher ground.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #32

I noticed the rain.... Not the thunderstorm though... I haven't seen much lighting for quite a while now actually.

I like it when it really rains out, rather then just a light sprinkle, but I guess if you wind up with flooding it's a different story.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #33

Well the north east end of town got another 12" last night and with the wind there is some huge drifts around, we managed to get our average yearly snowfall in 1 week

Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #34

Well holy carp....as i was rebuilding my snowmobile engines top end last week in the pouring rain i wondered how i was going to get some breakin time on it before it goes on the racing kart this year, then that night it turned to snow and that allowed me 2 days to get about 50 miles on, then the rain took my snow away, then last night the rain...again... turned to freezing rain, power went out, and when i awoke this morning here was the view in my front and backyard. Looks like another great snow day to get some more miles on the fresh engine, this winter just won't quit, i love it.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #35

I am "snow sick" here. Hasn't happened for a few years, but this was a bad winter here. Up until a week ago there was between 5' and 8' of snow in the yard, 3 days of +8 knocked it down to 3'-5', and I am impatient for the rest to go, which it can do anytime, thank you very much.

Bring on the warm weather, the rain, and the wind...... it can't come too soon for me.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #36

Your pictures above look just like that here in NW Pennsylvania. We got a good 8" Last Night - Very WET Heavy Snow. - next weeks forcast mid 40's - I am hoping for a gradual melt becuase last time it about flooded my business. Lets all pray for the best. Glod bless all our friends in Japan right now.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #37

You haven't taken your Christmas lights down yet either, huh? The difference with me is that I have no excuse. :oops: I hope you get the chance to wring out your sled.

I was in Saskatoon earlier this week, and they still have their share of snow, although not the epic proportions that Reveeen reported.

It ain't over yet. The official first day of Spring is largely disregarded in Canada.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #38

Yep, been too cold to take the lights down, even santa and snowman are still in the front yard, looking forward to another sled ride today, i like about 200-300 miles to break it in before racing it.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #39

This winter just won't quit, i love it.

Now there's something you don't hear every day!

Spoken like a true snow machine enthusiast!

Personally I hate the white %$#@ :twisted:

Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #40

Today in Kansas City it's about 65F and sunny. We are having a family get together, or should I say, I'm babysitting about 7 kids age from 6-12 while my brothers and sisters abandoned me. Otherwise, it would be a perfect day to go arrowhead hunting or some other outdoor activity.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #41

Were suposed to get a tiny bit of snow tonight, then tuesday is 6C and thursday is 11C, i guess tomorrow will be the last day for snowmobiling this year.
I'll keep you guys posted in my "Going microsprint racing again next year" thread as to why i wanted snow at the end of this season so i'd have time to properly break in my engine so it's ready for our first race in june, so come monday warm weather is fine with me.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #42

Forecast this coming week is looking good - Hoping to finally break in the NEW "Q" - Lets all pray for good riding weather....... 8)

Andrew - Jamestown, Pennsylvania

Old 03-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #43

Well it happened again last night, freezing rain and then about 6" of fresh snow, i'm starting to not regret rebuilding my engine so late in the season, got another 30mi on the sled this afternoon, this is definatly the winter that won't end.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #44

How far do you have to travel to ride the sled?

Do you wear heated gear on it?

Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #45

I keep it out at my buddies farm, since our nice little town got bought up by the city next door and now the cops won't let you ride in town anymore, it's only about 10min away.
As for gear, just some good snowpants, boots, warm jacket, balaclava and some good gloves keeps me nice and toasty, a full face helemet too, i like the tight twisty trails thru the woods, it actually makes you sweat riding challanging trails.