Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2021, 09:06 AM   #31

There is a chain breaking tool at Harbor Freight that I bought years ago. I know you can find them on Amazon for probably less $, but Harbor Freight usually has them in stock. It looks like a medieval torture device

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-15-2021, 01:36 AM   #32

Well I'm stopping by Harbor Freight tomorrow to pick up a motorcycle lift to make bike maintenance easier and more comfortable. While I'm there I'll check for the chain breaker tool. Harbor Freight is a mixed bag. I've had both wins and losses there. But generally I find for me it's not worth paying big bucks for tools I won't use that often. And anyway, I'm on a forum of Chinese bike owners - so I know you guys won't shame me for my Harbor Freight tool addiction!

Old 01-15-2021, 07:35 AM   #33

My 2 cents...

If your buying a motorcycle lift spend the money to get a true motorcycle lift table. Don't buy the ATV/Motorcycle lift (like I did) because they suck. With some modifications you can turn them into a lift table but the combo ATV lifts don't work very well for bikes.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B View Post
Well I'm stopping by Harbor Freight tomorrow to pick up a motorcycle lift to make bike maintenance easier and more comfortable. While I'm there I'll check for the chain breaker tool. Harbor Freight is a mixed bag. I've had both wins and losses there. But generally I find for me it's not worth paying big bucks for tools I won't use that often.
The chain tool is kind of 'expensive' in my opinion ($15-ish), but when I bought mine, it was early evening Sunday, and they were closing in a 1/2 hour. I was commuting on my bike year-round, and needed the bike for Monday morning and the only thing in my way was several links too many on the chain I had bought the day prior at the Honda dealership. I did not think to run to Lowes or Home Depot which might also carry them (still do not know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
My 2 cents...

If your buying a motorcycle lift spend the money to get a true motorcycle lift table. Don't buy the ATV/Motorcycle lift (like I did) because they suck. With some modifications you can turn them into a lift table but the combo ATV lifts don't work very well for bikes.
I bought a simple lift tool from them as well--the kind that you put on the rear axle, and step on the handle and the rounded shape lifts up the rear. It was around $40 if I recall. It works well to work on the rear wheel and all that, but I can see why having a proper lift table would be a better all around jack to have for bikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-15-2021, 09:46 AM   #35

lift tables are useless once the wheels have to come off. Both are good to have if you have the storage space. The motorcycle jack has made my life much easier than trying to crib 2x4's, plus you can move it if needed.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #36

Oh sorry when you said lift I didn't even consider the axel lift. They are great tools and I use mine WAY more then the ATV/Moto lift that sits collecting dust in the corner of my shop.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-19-2021, 12:11 PM   #37

I made a video messing around with the tt250 at metcalf along with some fails lol check it out

Old 01-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco View Post
I made a video messing around with the tt250 at metcalf along with some fails lol check it out
With all the Chinese dual-sports being 'Californians need not not apply' it makes me look twice seeing TT250s on the streets there either on video or in person. I saw a couple when I had moved back from 2018 to 2019, and they didn't seem like they were supposed to be there Hats off to CSC for keeping up with the certification, and hats off to California for keeping on certifying them, even if they are planning to eliminate internal combustion engines from the state in a few years.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
With all the Chinese dual-sports being 'Californians need not not apply' it makes me look twice seeing TT250s on the streets there either on video or in person. I saw a couple when I had moved back from 2018 to 2019, and they didn't seem like they were supposed to be there Hats off to CSC for keeping up with the certification, and hats off to California for keeping on certifying them, even if they are planning to eliminate internal combustion engines from the state in a few years.
They good for cheap dual sports in my opinion. Specially to learn how to ride which was in my case.

Old 01-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco View Post
They good for cheap dual sports in my opinion. Specially to learn how to ride which was in my case.
The best bike to learn on in my opinion is a Chinese dual-sport, or a beat up used bike. You can drop them and not feel guilty about it. I watch those motorcycle crash and near-crash compilation videos on a few youtube channels, and I cringe when I see someone on a $15k bike crashing while going around a tight mountain road turn. They are usually not hurt, but I imagine how many thousands of dollars in damages to their bike they caused going down.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The best bike to learn on in my opinion is a Chinese dual-sport, or a beat up used bike. You can drop them and not feel guilty about it. I watch those motorcycle crash and near-crash compilation videos on a few youtube channels, and I cringe when I see someone on a $15k bike crashing while going around a tight mountain road turn. They are usually not hurt, but I imagine how many thousands of dollars in damages to their bike they caused going down.
That is exactly why i bought this bike. I didnt want to spend thousands and be mad when i dropped it lol. Im really liking the tt250 even though i have it for sale im hoping noone buys it lol

Tags
csc tt250