Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
FYI Take your rear wheels and flip them were the valve is on the inside and swap sides if the tires are directional. You will gain a few inches width on the rear wheel. My rims were off centered.
Yep, my rims are off-centered also. The front tires are directional, but the back tires are not. I installed them normally, but I may end up flipping them around.

I'll probably set the 2 ATV's up differently and see what we like about each setup. I haven't completely un-crated the 2nd one, but so far the only difference I see is one has all disc brakes and the other has the drum brakes.

If everything goes well, we plan on getting another pair of these in 3 or 4 months for my wife and I.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #32

Wink A Christmas Story 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbrseven View Post
I was able to sneak away from the kids briefly. What I saw is the kickstart after all. It just came pre-installed way down low and needs to removed and rotated to a higher position.

In other news, it appears that I was sent one 3150-DX2 and one 3150-DX3! The other atv I have to put together tonight (in the dark, yay!) has disc brakes all around!

Still no pics since I almost got busted!
News flash, those kids probably already know. Throughout the year they are totally helpless and can't seem to figure out how things like lawnmowers or rakes etc work. But around Christmas, they become little Sherlock Holmes sneaking around the closets , in the attics and around the storage houses. Places where they would never be caught for fear of having to actually help clean or organize it. Suddenly these super sleuths have pegged the exact size and weight of the latest tie fighter or iPhone 26. This is normal since they have long since become suspicious of the old man in the red coat story that you pay $1000's of dollars a year to an alarm company to keep his type from breaking in your house, then suddenly a welcome attraction.

HO HO HO !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-23-2016, 12:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
News flash, those kids probably already know. Throughout the year they are totally helpless and can't seem to figure out how things like lawnmowers or rakes etc work. But around Christmas, they become little Sherlock Holmes sneaking around the closets , in the attics and around the storage houses. Places where they would never be caught for fear of having to actually help clean or organize it. Suddenly these super sleuths have pegged the exact size and weight of the latest tie fighter or iPhone 26. This is normal since they have long since become suspicious of the old man in the red coat story that you pay $1000's of dollars a year to an alarm company to keep his type from breaking in your house, then suddenly a welcome attraction.

HO HO HO !
LOL! You described me and my brother when we were kids! I'm positive neither one of my kids has a CLUE what they're getting for Christmas. I cannot wait to see the look on their faces. My nephews are in town now so I hope they don't go snooping and ruin the surprise!

I got the 2nd one put together tonight. It is a DX2 model. The only real difference between the two that I can tell is the battery and the front brakes. The rear tires are different and the handlebar mounting bracket is different also, but negligibly so. The second one only took 2.5 hours to uncrate and assemble. And the same number of nuts and bolts left over too.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:34 AM   #34

I picked up a pair myself for the holidays. One is fully assembled (minus hand guards ... how do the inside points attach exactly ?).

I found it surprising how you mostly have to guess what size bolts go where, and when you need to use washers etc. The instructions were little more than the recommended order to put it together, and provided almost no help.

Has anyone found good detailed assembly instructions anywhere? I dug for videos and sites and came up with nothing specific. I got it mostly worked out at this point, but would love to double check my work.

Ty.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarZ View Post
I picked up a pair myself for the holidays. One is fully assembled (minus hand guards ... how do the inside points attach exactly ?).

I found it surprising how you mostly have to guess what size bolts go where, and when you need to use washers etc. The instructions were little more than the recommended order to put it together, and provided almost no help.

Has anyone found good detailed assembly instructions anywhere? I dug for videos and sites and came up with nothing specific. I got it mostly worked out at this point, but would love to double check my work.

Ty.
I didn't find any better assembly instructions either and I didn't even attempt the hand guards. I just left them off.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #36

Name:  hand guard.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  49.5 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbrseven View Post
i didn't find any better assembly instructions either and i didn't even attempt the hand guards. I just left them off.
This might help for hand guard mount. Clamps mount right under the cross bar on the handle bar.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #37

Snazzy! On the red clamp holding your handlebars, is that the R and N indicator lights? Both of mine have them on the left fender.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbrseven View Post
Snazzy! On the red clamp holding your handlebars, is that the R and N indicator lights? Both of mine have them on the left fender.
That is correct sir. Aluminum fuel cap too.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel