Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #31

Looks like the frame to me, but could be wrong.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #32

This Yingang bike definitely has a kick starter. I am pretty confident the bike also has an electric starter.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #33

Yep definitely has a kick starter, and it works like a charm, which is a good thing because dumb me left my key in it with the lights turned on and drained the battery. Will it recharge itself after some use of driving or do I need to plug it in?

Took it up the trail to the store for my second fill up and then took the road back. It was the fastest I'd had it so far. It was definitely a thrill but I admit it was a little nerve wracking because I felt like it was past the point of no return of putting my trust in it. I think over time I will get more confident in it at higher speeds. Going to recheck tightness on everything.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron
Yep definitely has a kick starter, and it works like a charm, which is a good thing because dumb me left my key in it with the lights turned on and drained the battery. Will it recharge itself after some use of driving or do I need to plug it in?

Took it up the trail to the store for my second fill up and then took the road back. It was the fastest I'd had it so far. It was definitely a thrill but I admit it was a little nerve wracking because I felt like it was past the point of no return of putting my trust in it. I think over time I will get more confident in it at higher speeds. Going to recheck tightness on everything.
If the battery is in good condition, it will like recharge itself. However, you can get an inexpensive battery charger from Harbor Freight, or Wal-Mart. It's good to recharge the battery in the springtime, before riding season begins.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...attery+charger

If you have tightened all the bolts with red loctite, you can trust your motorcycle not to fail you. However, I strongly encourage you ride well within your limits until you complete the MSF, rider safety course. The MSF course will teach you about traction, and proper cornering techniques. Even more important, the MSF course will teach you how to drive defensively, and watch out for dangerous actions performed by automobile drivers. 8O

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #35

Understood Spud. There are some courses available near me, but not until August, which definitely stinks. I have a couple people teaching me and I'm practicing within my limits until then. In the meantime I'm soaking up all the training materials and motorcycle education I can find. I think I've come a long way in just a few days, but I would never be foolish enough to think I don't have a ton to learn and experience on a bike.

In addition to the knowledge transfer of the courses, the main thing I need is practice, because I need to train myself so that I can rely on my instincts and reaction to be second nature. For the time being, it's definitely a mental challenge to think ahead of what I need to do. I'm pushing the boundaries, but not foolishly.

In some ways riding scares the crap out of me, but I view that as a good thing. I do have 22 years of driving a car under my belt so I have that going for me as far as understanding peoples tendencies on the road. I'm still adjusting to having nothing between me and the road but my bike and my safety gear.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #36

Sorry if I missed it, but what did the bike cost? And good luck with it!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #37

Quote:
...In some ways riding scares the crap out of me, but I view that as a good thing. I do have 22 years of driving a car under my belt so I have that going for me as far as understanding peoples tendencies on the road. I'm still adjusting to having nothing between me and the road but my bike and my safety gear.
You are prudent to fear the dangers. When you stop fearing the dangers, it is time to stop riding. The most important concept to remember is you are vulnerable on a motorcycle. You do not have 4 wheels for stability. You are not surrounded by a steel cage. You do not have a seat belt, or an air bag to protect you. Therefore, what would be a relatively minor, "fender bender" accident in an automobile becomes a much more serious accident on a motorcycle. You cannot afford to take risks with any collision, whether it be with an animal or another vehicle, because the consequences are too great.

I like the following analogy. We all start riding with two buckets. One bucket is filled with luck, and the other bucket is empty of skills. Our mission is to fill the empty bucket with skills, before we use up the bucket of luck. I wish you the very best of luck as you carefully fill your bucket of skills.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #38

FastDoc has posted an excellent thread on rider safety at the following link.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...=153448#153448

I highly recommend all members of our forums to visit this thread, and watch the videos contained in the link therein.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Sorry if I missed it, but what did the bike cost? And good luck with it!
$1400 from saferwholesale... decent price but I can't really recommend them unless you're really careful in working out the details with them.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #40

Did you ever contact them about getting different tires?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83
Yep they don't have any available, but I'll probably get a small refund and then I'll try to find some myself. :roll:

Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #42

We have a large property so I have been taking a break from coding to run loops around... maxing the torque in 2nd and 3rd... what fun! Accidentally put the back wheel in the ditch? just hit the gas!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Quote:
Yep they don't have any available, but I'll probably get a small refund and then I'll try to find some myself. :roll:
I would lean on them a little harder, perhaps put your charge payment in dispute, you purchased a bike w/ 18/21 wheels and got something rather different...knobby tires are NOT available for the 15" rear! To change the bike to 18/21 will cost a few hundred, but I also understand if you don't feel like dickering w/ em...again best of luck w/ the new bike.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilserchinarider
Quote:
Quote:
I would lean on them a little harder, perhaps put your charge payment in dispute, you purchased a bike w/ 18/21 wheels and got something rather different...knobby tires are NOT available for the 15" rear! To change the bike to 18/21 will cost a few hundred, but I also understand if you don't feel like dickering w/ em...again best of luck w/ the new bike.
I agree. You actually have the seller "over a barrel," and could demand a full refund. :roll: It will easily cost you $250, or more, to get two used wheels. I realize you got a good motorcycle, and you like it. However, the vendor should remit a minimum, $100 refund for sending you a motorcycle completely different from the one they advertised. Nevertheless, I am glad you are enjoying your new bike; it looks great.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #45

I'm having so much fun with it I'm just going to not stress the transaction any more. I just put 14 miles on it riding up and down our street a couple times and then up to the store on the trail. Even rode straight up the gravel pit and it was great. That's pretty much all I wanted to do with it 'off road'. I took the road back at 50mph again and the speed didn't even bother me this time at all.

I will need some advice when it comes to purchasing some dual sport wheels somehow, but I'm just going to suck up the cost if I can't get any money back. Thanks for looking out for me, I've just been through so much waiting to get this bike that I'm going to enjoy it for what it is. Definitely be aware of the issue if someone wants to get the same bike.