Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #31

I thought the stock tires were a fair compramise, but since mine is used 99% off pavement, I fitted some hard core knobbies.

Also, I would not be operating these bikes at WOT for long without considering a mixture change.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #32

30 psi is best 4 me

Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #33

I find 30psi good too. I ride almost all street though.

Allen

Old 05-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #34

I just lean forward so the wind goes over me helps settle the wobble and not so much a work out but it does tier ones back a bit... Not wind from the side sucks

Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #35

What bikes are you guys riding? Waldo (Hanma/Hsun 200gy) is dead stable at 55mph (sprocket not here yet) and very smooth, hardly any engine vibration at all. Using stock dual purpose tires which are working fine for me in anything but deep sand, where that 2.75 x21 front is well, "exciting" LOL.

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #36

Relax your grip.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #37

i can tell you that my gy 110 at 40 mph is steady but im shaking waiting for big boom and flying debris 8O btw its stock gearing needs changing
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-31-2009, 10:40 PM   #38

Just a thought on riding on low tires that have tubes. This puts a great deal of stress on the valve stem, and can lead to a failure quite soon. This is especially true on the drive tire.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #39

My theory is at higher speeds it handles ok but when you get a cross wind or wind from another car or windy day. The big ass front fender traps that air has no where to go. knocks you all over the road.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #40

Over the years I've driven lots of different bikes in the wind and will tell you that even my 1000 lb Kawa 6cyl Voyager will move in a crosswind.
My impression is that these guys are talking about something else, something abnormal. First thing I'd do is get someone in a car or other bike to follow behind me as I went down the road to make sure the bike is tracking true, i.e the whole thing is in alignment. Second, I'd life the bike in the center so both wheels are off the ground and free, and I'd spin em to make sure they are turning freely, and that the brakes aren't grabbing in a particular spot.
if that doesn't work then I'd think about my CG and horizontal aspect profile. If you've got a big trunk on your rear rack and its blowing like hell from the side, I can promise you that bike is going to be a serious pita to keep in a straightline. High aspect profiles to the wind are not good for stability. AND, since the wheels operate like gyros, (which is basically why you can ride a bicycle /motorcycle in the first place_ *generally* speaking, the larger the diameter, the more stable.

good luck.

seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking