Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoadKing
Hey Porterz, could you post a photo of the terminals on that CDI or your stock one would be fine. I suspect the terminal blocks are different on the lifan than the Hi-Bird. I shopped and bought a stock Honda CDI but it took a while to find one that would match. On the Hi-Bird it's not the typical Honda set up. The stock one that I purchased didn't make much of a performance difference. Thanks...
hey man, the terminals are in the first picture
A stock Honda CDI? With the stock unit there wouldn't be a difference anyway! The aftermarket ones have timming advance, that's what makes the power!!

Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #32

I can see the plugs, but on some of them the terminal blades are turned the opposite direction. Never mind I'll figure it out elsewhere!

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=8088

Old 04-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Where'd ya get the part?

I'm not wanting to do more than 70 on my little bike but I WOULD like to drop the RPM's when I'm cruising at 55-60. Will the new box do that?
Thanks
of course not, RPM is dictated by the front and rear sprocket. This box add's power so you can use bigger gears to get the speed and rpm you want. You need to change the rear sprocket, what do u have now?

Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRoadKing
I can see the plugs, but on some of them the terminal blades are turned the opposite direction. Never mind I'll figure it out elsewhere!
The important thing is plug design this design is 6 pin if it were say 4 pin the plug would look different. Hope this clears it up for you

My mods are as follows

ported stock front headpipe, removed rear muffler baffle (soon to be nice aftermarket muffler seen below!) Threw the airbox in the garbage put on K&N style cone, jetted to 115 clip at bottom mixture screw 2 turns out, spark plug gaped from 020 stock to 035 now Stage 3 CDI box (the key to all the power) R1 rear shock, hid headlight kit (coming soon), Aftermarket super HD motor mounts + boxed in rear frame, performance clutch coming soon, GY5 rear sprocket. I am thinking about the big bore kit and cams.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:30 AM   #35

This is a worthy mod. I replaced my stock CDI with one made for a Honda that had electronic timing advance. The difference was profound. Much quicker acceleration, has a better, hotter looking spark too. I never maxxed it out for top end, but at 55 mph it seems like it has plenty left. I don't know why the china bikes have CDI's with fixed timing. Must be cheaper.

Someone asked what a CDI was. It stands for "capacitive discharge ignition" It replaces breaker points used in older engines. It charges a capacitor with voltage and receives timing pulses from the engine. When it is time to fire the plug, it dumps the stored voltage into the ignition coil which produces the high voltage for the spark. One my bike, it is under the seat and has two connectors plugging into it. It takes about ten minutes to change it out, as long as taking off the seat and putting it back on.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #36

Never mind, Iknow it's 6 pins, communication problems, never mind!

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=8088

Old 04-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1a5115
It takes about ten minutes to change it out, as long as taking off the seat and putting it back on.
Your slow!! 10 minutes to take your seat off, I can pop that thing off and back on in 1-2 minute flat hehe :wink:

Old 04-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #38

What model honda did you order one for?

Allen

Old 04-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapkin
i've felt my bike had the potential to go faster with more gas or something, but I am mostly interested in better acceleration for merging on the highway.
heey.. I saw you on the AmericanLifan.com forums why are most of your posts deleted?

oh wow endless journey cycles is on there too.. am I the only one who was in the dark about this second forum lol
I deleted them because I got pissed off after reading some of the comments. I don't care to have anything to do with them, but was kind enough to delete my negative comments as well.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #40

yea that happens on here too. Too many tuff guys going around with something to prove claiming to know it all and be better then everyone. Seems like in real life most of them are a nobody trying to make up for it with a image online. There are still a few nice people on here though.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #41

Your mad at me because I questioned your math skills? You are the one who acts like you know everything, you completely misunderstood the whole situation with the prices on the gy7's and flipped out as if you were an expert cussing at everyone. You also have told people off, for apparently spreading mis-information when you do the same thing yourself. You were even arguing about your bike in a thread about a guy who got re-ended and hurt on his bike, all I was saying is think before you type. If you stop writing crap like F them, F this!!! F YOU!!! and all that garbage and telling people off I don't think you will have problems with people on here.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Your mad at me because I questioned your math skills? You are the one who acts like you know everything, you completely misunderstood the whole situation with the prices on the gy7's and flipped out as if you were an expert cussing at everyone. You also have told people off, for apparently spreading mis-information when you do the same thing yourself. You were even arguing about your bike in a thread about a guy who got re-ended and hurt on his bike, all I was saying is think before you type. If you stop writing crap like F them, F this!!! F YOU!!! and all that garbage and telling people off I don't think you will have problems with people on here.
I second this. EVERY issue you have had on here was started by YOUR attitude. When our moderator tells you to stop being a jerk, YOU are the problem. Think about it.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #43

I don’t know about all that, but thanks for the tip. I think I will order the box next payday. Ill reply what I think about it. I’m pretty excited. Hey, not to highjack this thread but let me ask another question. Does the performance of the bike improve quite a bit after break-in? I have a Roketa DB-07 with 753Km; I suppose about 400 something miles. Lately for the last 50 miles or so it seems faster, with more kick and less vibration. Any thoughts??

Thanks for all the tips guys. I really get a lot out of this site and appreciate all of the free knowledge.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #44

I agree, portzer is like my friend dan, got a really good heart and means well, but needs to slow down and think before he speaks, or types whateva, portzer i like the mods, but dont do 90 on these bikes, at least wait till someone not as smart as u does 90 and becomes quadraupedic(i dont think i spelled that right) because his comy(not that i dont love em) bike with its lovely and super strong comy welds seperated and the bike disintegrated underneath him. Let the Mach truck traveling at 70 run over him and his tiny not made to go over 70 enduro.Nothing wrong with trying to be the first, i just dont think your insurance will cover u, nor will you have anyone to sue to pay your medical bills, when the cops determine you were reckless driving. just a thought

P.S.
Didnt mean any harm bout the "comy" just trying to be funny,which stupidity sometimes is

Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #45

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Porterz, which model/year Honda did you use to order your CDI?

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Closed Thread