Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

2018 Hawk vs. 2018 Brozz

I see that Peace Sports will be marketing the new Brozz this month. I’ve been very enthusiastic about the Hawk and if able to register it here in Oregon (still undetermined), was ready to pull the trigger. Until, I saw the Brozz.
It looks like, for about $100 more, you trade a 21” wheel and rear disc brake for a counterbalanced motor, USD forks, digital instruments and a luggage rack. Also, it’s legal to register in all 49 states. Sorry California.
What am I missing here ? Is this a no brainer ?

Old 03-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

How did you find this out? I see nothing on their site. I see a 2014 brozz that says discontinued. I am interested in the 2018Brozz and I keep checking peacesports daily. Please let us know how you find this info.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #3

See their post on March 9th titled 2018 Brozz 250cc.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #4

Oh I see how it works now. They respond on this site but not their official site. I will have to try this. Thanks

Old 03-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #5

I think the Hawk is a great bike. I don't think you would really be 'settling' per se with one; it is just a slightly different perspective. The Brozz would be my choice, personally, but that is because I prefer the different carb, the less aggressive tires, the counter-balanced engine, and the street gearing, as well as the peace of mind of a DOT/EPA certificate. The Hawk has the more aggressive character of having a dirt-bike converted to a dirt bike, and the thrill/raw feel, of registering a dirt bike for the street. I would definitely consider one if I still lived in Arizona. Then again, if I had my current income and lived in Arizona, I would buy both a Brozz and a Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #6

^^^ I agree. The Hawk and Brozz are different animals. Want the Bashan version of the Hawk, get an Enforcer. Without stickers on them you couldn't tell them apart. The brozz, storm, and shark are intended to be more road friendly with milder off road capabilities. The Hawk and Enforcer are squarely aimed at the trails, but capable of road duty.

Some of those "perks" of the Brozz can also be pitfalls as well. The counterbalanced engines use chain drive for the oil pump because of the counter balancers gear drive. Chains stretch and fail, and it has happened to people before. The non balanced engines use a gear drive on said pump. Giving them a more durable nature by default. Those USD forks are definitely stiffer, but also have less suspension travel than the traditional forks on the Hawk/Enforcer. Not a huge thing, but something to consider if you want to hit the rougher stuff. Even the TT250, the high end Hawk with USD forks actually has less travel than a Hawk by 1.5 inches.The fork flex of the Hawk toothpicks can be remedied some with a $20 fork brace and a drill, and it makes a world of difference in the rigidity of the front end.

Honestly, just consider what you want the bike for and buy accordingly. You wont really go wrong in the end.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
I see that Peace Sports will be marketing the new Brozz this month.
Yeah this is what I hear. And I have some money slap BURNING A HOLE IN MY POCKET!! I wish they would ROW THAT BOAT FASTER!! I've been waiting a while. I had the now discontinued 2014 Peace Sports Brozz. It had the same forks as the Hawk. It was / IS a fantastic bike. I gave it to my Son as a graduation gift and it is still burning up the Highway. They do indeed come with all the goodies most people put on their Hawk. But there are a few things it doesn't have going for it that the Hawk Does. Six in one hand, Half dozen in the other! As soon as Peace says they have them I will have one in my barn that very same week!

Old 03-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #8

Here is my Son's Brozz.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #9

I just heard from Jeffrey at Peace Sports and he quoted me $1995 delivered for a 2018 Brozz. He will contact me when the container arrives. I’ll be talking with him further this week since I have some questions.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #10

That 2 grand price tag may just drive me right toward a Hawk. Back when the Brozz was available they were only like 100 bucks or so more than a Hawk. IF I'm gonna go 2 grand plus I'm gonna march right on over and get an SSR XF250. I will wait till they get here and see what the price is definitely gonna be.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #11

The $2k price is a little steep, but that is what kept the 2014 models in their warehouse long after Kandi USA became their distributor for the later Brozz model years. I guess if they keep that price, that is a very distinct difference when comparing the Hawk to the Brozz. I do think the Brozz is worth that price, meaning the Hawk would be a good alternative if several hundred dollars means something to you, which for most of us it would. For a better comparison, the Bashan 41B (Enforcer) is much more close in price to the Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The $2k price is a little steep, but that is what kept the 2014 models in their warehouse long after Kandi USA became their distributor for the later Brozz model years. I guess if they keep that price, that is a very distinct difference when comparing the Hawk to the Brozz. I do think the Brozz is worth that price, meaning the Hawk would be a good alternative if several hundred dollars means something to you, which for most of us it would. For a better comparison, the Bashan 41B (Enforcer) is much more close in price to the Hawk.
2 grand makes a huge difference. You can fully mod a Hawk and have money left over with 600 bucks. For 2k, I would look at a TT250 and have the dealer support of CSC,, or go with an SSR or Pitster like you mentioned. That bump in price puts it in a much stronger playing field.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #13

I'm a big fan of the USD forks and the counterbalance motor. The USD's are much stiffer and more modern.
I haven't been here on the site as often lately but I can only recall one oil pump chain wearing out on a Lifan at an extremely high mileage and it didn't break, just wore out and got noisy. If there were more, I'm unaware.
I've had a number of non-balanced and then the balanced motor in the TT250. Definite difference. Both my Rhino and X-Moto GY were like riding blenders compared to the TT250. The little non-balanced 150's we had were surprisingly smoother than the larger 200/229 non-balanced motors.
Really like the Brozz and Storm, especially that cool orange.
How anything is coming with a rear drum brake these days is beyond me, especially some of the far more expensive Japanese models.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #14

2LZ and Megadan, you both seem to think that $1999 for a Brozz “puts me into a much stronger playing field” and you both pointed me towards the TT250. That bike is a Hawk with USD forks and $2350 delivered. So what’s the logic there ? OK, you mention dealer support but really how critical is that. Is it worth an additional $350 over the Brozz or about $650 or more over a Hawk ? Repeatedly I have read posts of bad dealer support and the feedback is always just fix it yourself, parts are cheap and easily accessible.
As I entered this Chinese bike world all I knew about was the Hawk and that got me excited. But as I mentioned previously, it is still questionable whether it can be registered in Oregon. The Hawk here is $1699 OTD but I’ve seen them for even less on line.
So I expanded my search parameters and came across the Brozz. Given that all my previous enduro bikes had 19” x 17” wheels (Triumph 900 Scrambler, Triumph Tiger 800, BMW R1200GS) giving up the 21” / 18” wasn’t an issue. The C/B motor was a draw as was the electronic dash, popular gearing, nicer swingarm with better chain adjusters, remote starter and EPA/DOT approval.
Now, with more research I find a list of 250 enduros, each adding or deleting certain features. It seems that some are stated to have better build quality than others but it’s hard to tell without a side by side comparison.
So at this time I’m in limbo and continue to welcome all input and opinions to help with my final decision.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #15

I think the Storm or the Enforcer would be a great fit also. The Storm I really enjoy and the Enforcer is great also. I bought both and ended up keeping the Storm. If you want smoother riding then go with the Storm. But when you get up there to TT250 price you can pretty much get anything or just do like I did and buy 2 for a bit more. I really enjoy taking the Enforcer around the field ripping it. The KX450 is intense but the 250 makes it fun without the white knuckle riding. I'm going to upgrade the exhaust here soon. I just bought the SAMDO speedo for the Storm. I like tinkering makes me appreciate the bikes more and is still way cheaper then any other big names. So far I've ridden my pretty good and makes me smile each time.