Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2023, 07:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Great idea. Where did you get the wheel from and how much was it?
Powersportsmax.com was my source for the wheel and rotor. Sprocket is a JT and a Shinko 705 in 4.10x18 from Chapparal. Let's see; 139.50 for the wheel, 39.00 for the rotor and 72.00 on the tire, 47.00 on the sprocket. I almost forgot the rimlock I put on, add another 13.00 so about $310 for a total. I'll need a new chain for the sprocket size differences so another 60/70 bucks for a new chain. Should be a 20 minute changeover. Don't forget to balance the wheel/tire combo after assembly.

Old 02-24-2023, 07:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
You guys are killing me. I keep having to buy more stuff for this bike I haven't really even ridden yet. I was just looking at that big chonky rear tire and thinking it's kind of a shame and waste to be running that on asphalt. And...post #28.
If you're going to be mostly on the street and are low on bucks why not just change the tire and save the knobby for a purpose? Trail riding with your buddies, or off pavement use. I spaced out the purchase of my parts so it wasn't a hard hit to the wallet all at once and honestly I had to wait a few months for the wheel to be available. Good luck.