Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #1

Chain / sprockets 520 stock

Okay - so apparently I have a different setup on my bike. My chain is a 520, and I have a 13T front, 44T rear. I'm okay as far as ratio, I'm able to get up over 70 downhill, with the wind, on a Tuesday lol anyway I'm wondering about the rear sprocket change. I'd like to lower the RPM range on the upper end of the final so I'm not so screamy at 50.. I would lose a few teeth; right? I did try to get a 17T front and was unsuccessful - and if I did, I don't think it would fit. The front guard already has some hits on it..

The back sprocket does have 4 bolts, but the spacing is a little different than what I was able to find compared to the Hawks rear. From one bolt directly across to the other, I'm getting right at 3.5in apart. Some of the ones I've found for the Hawk, even the 520 pitch, seem to have either a different bolt pattern, or a different spacing.. I have an X-Motos XMB-88 but it's the DLX version with the lights and signals...

I'm going to start with the chain for now - and wait to do sprockets later, if I can.. may have to end up taking it somewhere for that..

But - for sprockets, I just need some clarification on teeth up / down for a lower top end RPM.