Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #1

Finally was able to take mine out yesterday after the rains abated and I had re-routed the tube. I did not experience any stalling after 5 miles so I think I am good. I am noticing that that during cruising (non acceleration), I am noticing an uneveness to the engine.

I wouldn't call it hesitation, it runs fine, but its as though the fuel is not being delivered in an even manner. Could be the gas or air/fuel mixture. It accelerates fine and I can easily power through the uneveness, but it's not an ideal cruising experience.

I may take it to a shop just to get a professional's opinion. At least it is running and the kinks are being worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
I was having this problem yesterday. I could hear the tank squealing like a pig after even the quickest of rides. When I pulled the tank cover off the breather hose was pinched pretty bad. Took it on a 10 mi ride after and it had stopped/ running smoothly.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #2

So I think the bike is running really well. Took it out over the weekend and it ran great. Really glad to work through all the issues. Thanks for everybody's help!

Old 04-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #3

Sorry for being late to the party. Ditto veezx20's suggestion to up jet, especially after you've installed the new exhaust. Sounded like you were running outta gas. In addition to the gas cap check everything else, fuel lines, filter, petcock, and inspect the inside of the tank with a flashlight for rust or trash. You may have gotten some bad gas, it happened to me twice with my old bike, it bogged down and stalled. I had to limp back home 40+miles in 3rd gear. I pulled the petcock and the filter screen was clogged with trash. Anywho, I had to go with a lager jet because I did an exhaust wrap and chopped 5 1/2" of the stock muffler and cored it out. Your exhaust choice looks good, kinda like the titanium cans on my aprilia. You'll have to post some pix of the install, and a video of how it sounds.
2000 Moto Guzzi California V11, resting in pieces

The cage: 1998 BMW Z3, 1.9L w/full Dinan engine upgrades

Old 04-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #4

Yeah, it definitely felt like it was running out of gas, but I had a full tank. It would bog down when I tried to accelerate. The petcock and filter was brand new. The gas could be a problem but less likely.

On a different note, I looked at my exhaust and realized it's one continuous piece so not really sure how I'm going to install the new muffler. Most likely I will need to chop it up but still determining what is the best course of action.

I might try changing the front sprocket first.

Thanks for your input!

Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #5

I jist installed the ar low mount exhaust, you can get the old one out without cutting, you have turn the exhaust and work it out between the shock and swing arm. I ended up cutting tye head pipe of the stock exhaust and having it welded to the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismways View Post
Yeah, it definitely felt like it was running out of gas, but I had a full tank. It would bog down when I tried to accelerate. The petcock and filter was brand new. The gas could be a problem but less likely.

On a different note, I looked at my exhaust and realized it's one continuous piece so not really sure how I'm going to install the new muffler. Most likely I will need to chop it up but still determining what is the best course of action.

I might try changing the front sprocket first.

Thanks for your input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170425_141146.jpg (103.9 KB, 737 views)

Old 04-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #6

Thanks for the tip. That looks great!

I would like to try and keep the exhaust up top, but if it's easier to cut and weld, I can take to a shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezx20 View Post
I jist installed the ar low mount exhaust, you can get the old one out without cutting, you have turn the exhaust and work it out between the shock and swing arm. I ended up cutting tye head pipe of the stock exhaust and having it welded to the new one.

Tags
boom vader, mikuni carb, upgrade