Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #31

Hey zacstewart,
I felt the same way for about the first 500 miles or so on mine. It'll get a little bit better but probably not much.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #32

Zac,
I can't believe you actually take your bike on 400, that's sick, if your gonna run those speeds, you need to Loc-tite everything and then duct tape your entire bike, LOL, be careful bro...

Old 04-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #33

oh the vibrations are fun

i am positive of the problem (93%)so

okay i have a 2006 newstar db200. vibrated like hell then i went and looked at some honda xr forum's.

not only loctight ALL bolts but put on lock washers also.

and the main thing , the large 31mm bolt under the handle bars, i dont remember the name of it,
i know it sounds crazy but that is were 50% of the vibebration is coming from., it is not a nut that people tighten when they get the bike , but im telling you everyone check them they are tightened factory with like 20lbs torque.

you have to pull the handelbars to get to it,

for some reason the motor vibration starts there... CHECK IT im certain.

my bikedoesnot vibrate any longer (it used to put my hands ass and feet to sleep after 5 minuits of high rpm's.

also change your rear sprocket to a lower tooth count to lower RPM's

Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #34

How much of a smaller rear sprocket?
I'll check my front fork - doesn't make sense but I will check it.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #35

I put a 35 on the rear , but i am light (160)lbs.it works great for me.I CANT POP WHEELIES ANY MORE BUT I DONT WANT TO ANYWAYS.

the fork bolt does not make sence , go to a honda xr forum and search vibration (even hondas can vibrate), and everyone says "it dont make sence but try it"

Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #36

Sweet

Old 04-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #37

Well I tightened it up and it didn't take care of MY vibration - may work for others particular vibe.
My crossbar was loose though so I used lockwashers and locktight, so that's a good find.

My vibe's have gotten better from what I've done thus far, but it's got a real annoying one at 4k. If I cruise along slowly in 1st and take it up to 4k it really starts buzzin but goes away when I get higher in the RPM's. But then vibrates when I let off the throttle on the way down.

It also sputters or hiccups sometimes when I'm cruising along at 4k. Could my stock spark plug be causing this?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #38

Savage,
Lose the stock plug, check the cross reference thread for what to get and make sure you have the proper gap... Check your tires and make sure they are seated correctly, you need to put your bike on a lift to do this, spin the tires, looking from the side make sure they are centered... I don't think there are alot of counter-balances on these bikes as far as the engine is concerned... Make sure your back tire is aligned and centered as the markings on the swingarm are crap... Other than that I don't know what to tell you, hope this helps some...

Old 04-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #39

Thanks Am!
Before when the whole dang thing was rattling top to bottom and front to back I couldn't make out heads or tails.
Now after opening the exhaust and using some thick rubber spacers on the skid plate that took care of alot of the vibes.
There's some chatter which I'm certain is normal and that doesn't bother me.
But the 4k vibes isn't "normal", or should I say, I know I can reduce it.
Its definately stemming from the engine ie. something is harmonizing with the engine at 4k and making the bike buzz and vibrate.
So I guess my question is will a new spark plug calm the engine vibes and hiccups?

I would really like to remove the engine bolts and mount it with my thick rubber washers but I don't see any room in there. If I get sick and tired of the buzzing I'm going to do it though!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:21 PM   #40

Savage,
I don't think just changing the plug is going to reduce vibrations, I do think it will make your bike run smoother... Have you done any intake mods? I'm sure if you did you would have posted, maybe I missed it, I saw your exhaust mod, maybe try re-adjusting your air/fuel mix and see if your 4K rpm prob goes away??

Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #41

I haven't messed with the intake yet because I was happy to hear to bike come alive once I drilled the muffler!
I guess a few people here are running the UNI air filter with cage. Don't know the part # but I will probably get one sometime and then adjust the carb needle.
Does it make much difference?

Would it help to put any of that thick oil stuff in with my quart of Castrol GTX? Can't remember the name of the stuff (I've used many times in cars) but it comes in a white bottle with red and blue writing (like from O'Reillys).

Old 04-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i did the uni filter and it just made the whole thing run smoother, idle better, and start easier (i can get it to kick start from cold after 1-2 kicks)

none of the mods are going to give major power, but these bikes arent built for speed, they are built to be cheap and be fun..

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #43

Guess I'll have to do it sometime soon then. I know we've got 200's but if I can shave a little weight here and there, get rid of the vibes and make it pull the hills easier, then I'll be happy with it.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #44

Installed the new cone type filter - don't really notice anything new or good about it.

Still have PLENTY of vibrating! Wish I had another china bike here to compare it to. We have a GY-2 at the shop and it doesn't vibrate like mine but its not broken in either (mine didn't vibrate like this when it was new).
If I'm cruising along and pull in the clutch the vibrating goes away so I know its stemming from the engine. Is my engine bad or are these engines so "dated" that they just shake and vibrate the whole dang bike?

Anymore suggestions??? (other than mounting the engine with rubber washers)

Old 05-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #45

Savage,
Take your girl for a ride and let her be the judge, Ha, Ha....