Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #31

If you got one for the front wheel and one for the back wheel you would have a 160cc flying bicycle! Wonder if the tires would hold up at speed.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e View Post
Since we are talking bicycles and mopeds, has anyone here gotten one of these bolt on engine kits?

I really want to try one. And, at only $150, it's very hard resist.
I just found this thread, Yes I have built a few myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kent Genesis packed.jpg (91.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Kent Genesis 29er.jpg (30.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Kent 29er Complete!.jpg (95.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Micargi General complete.jpg (97.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Micargi General loaded.jpg (91.8 KB, 26 views)

Old 12-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #33

This was my first experience with Chinese built motors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3387.jpg (101.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-04-06 18.48.52.jpg (96.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Sticker I found at army surplus store.jpg (96.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-04-06 18.49.22.jpg (95.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Wife on her Hawg.jpg (41.5 KB, 27 views)

Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #34

I believe everything is better Gas or Nitro powered.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
I just found this thread, Yes I have built a few myself.
Now you went and did it. Please do start a thread on these projects here, in this forum. I am eager to learn more, and I will be amazed if Weldangrind isn't similarly interested.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #36

I like those Chinese engines and built a motorized bike with one (a 50/80cc 2 stroke) and liked it.

I rode it around for a year or so. Later, when I was selling a motorcycle (my Zong, should not have sold it but that's another story) the buyer really wanted the motorized bike too and offered me much more than I had invested in it so I sold it to. I could be talked into making another but I think I'd go with a 4 stroke. The 2 stroke was a little too lud and ringy-dingy for me. Also lots of vibration.

My build was basic, not anything as nice as the pics posted above.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Dang, I wasn't going to bring home anymore bicycles. Problem is this one said, "Only twenty bucks, Mister. Buy me." So I did.

Thinking a 1975 Raleigh Gran Prix. Middle floor of the top end bikes of the era.
It's a struggle to not accumilate bicycles like motorcycles, cats, or ex-girlfriends.

I always scan CL for some cool old something but it seems people in my area know what bikes like that are worth, and I have NEVER seen a deal like you got. That Raleigh here on CL would be listed for $200.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Now you went and did it. Please do start a thread on these projects here, in this forum. I am eager to learn more, and I will be amazed if Weldangrind isn't similarly interested.

I would love to answer any questions you may have but unfortunately no pictures of the build process. I still have two of the bikes in the pictures though the Orange (truly the fastest color) 50+ mph and the black with the brown seat stock 30 mph.
The Orange Kent 29" has a pilot shaft behind the 80CC (66cc actual) motor is chained up to the main sprocket to allow the rear 7 speeds to be used and selected once you take off. The large front sprockets freewheel on the crank so you can stop pedaling any time. I am surprised I never got a speeding ticket in Las Vegas 52 in a 45. Same Tire Manufacturer of the RX3 Tires makes the tires on the Kent CST 29" tires. Never Blew one but I think I was really lucky. I did snap a few chains none at speed though, usually when you take off is the hardest on them. Custom made manifold pipe as the carburetor hit the seat tube stock, tune able carburetor, expansion pipe and much much more.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
I would love to answer any questions you may have but unfortunately no pictures of the build process. I still have two of the bikes in the pictures though the Orange (truly the fastest color) 50+ mph and the black with the brown seat stock 30 mph.
The Orange Kent 29" has a pilot shaft behind the 80CC (66cc actual) motor is chained up to the main sprocket to allow the rear 7 speeds to be used and selected once you take off. The large front sprockets freewheel on the crank so you can stop pedaling any time. I am surprised I never got a speeding ticket in Las Vegas 52 in a 45. Same Tire Manufacturer of the RX3 Tires makes the tires on the Kent CST 29" tires. Never Blew one but I think I was really lucky. I did snap a few chains none at speed though, usually when you take off is the hardest on them. Custom made manifold pipe as the carburetor hit the seat tube stock, tune able carburetor, expansion pipe and much much more.
That's okay; we don't need photos of the build process. If you have time, please start a new thread, and merely post photos of your current bikes, and describe their designs. A new thread will allow people to discover your bikes, which they might otherwise overlook, since they are buried three pages deep in this thread, which was started on another topic.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #40

Quote:
That's okay; we don't need photos of the build process. If you have time, please start a new thread, and merely post photos of your current bikes, and describe their designs. A new thread will allow people to discover your bikes, which they might otherwise overlook, since they are buried three pages deep in this thread, which was started on another topic.
These bikes are awesome. Great work

Old 12-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #41

I always thought that if you put one of those kits on each wheel it would work better! I would probably need at least two in order to get me up the hill to my house on a bicycle! Wonder how much finagling around it would take to get one of them 10 speed bikes to shift, that would be my thoughts.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #42

Quote:

You bet I am! That's an easy call though, since I like anything engine powered. Like Car Craft magazine once said, "Big block in a Pinto, small block in a go-kart, two-stroke in a blender."

I'm particularly drawn to the military bike above.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
I always thought that if you put one of those kits on each wheel it would work better! I would probably need at least two in order to get me up the hill to my house on a bicycle! Wonder how much finagling around it would take to get one of them 10 speed bikes to shift, that would be my thoughts.
I'd be more inclined to work on a home-brewed CVT, using sheaves.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #44

Wow! Those bikes look great!

Love the idea of fitting them to beach cruiser style bikes

Problem in UK is that it's classed as a moped and would require MOT test, would need to be registered, be taxed and insured and display number plates. Probably cost a bit to get it done. Then we would have wear a crash helmet as its required by law for mopeds and motor bikes.

Shame as they look fun bikes and very unusual.

We can get them off eBay in UK and the beach cruiser bikes but its having somewhere to ride them off road is the problem.

Have fun!!!

Old 12-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #45

My idea with the military themed motorized bike was to build a small sidecar and go full tilt with it but the added weight would take a better drive train than the thin chain bicycles come with. Maybe a two drive wheel system would work great with twin engines.