Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #31

Hi.

Sorry to dredge this old post up, but its the only relevent post I could find in regards to my problem! :s

I have recently got my second Chinese bike (first one was stolen :? ), and its a 2007 Shineray XY200GYE. It too had the emissions rubbish that is explained in this post so I set about removing it. Its all came out a treat and I have blocked off all the (now un-necessary) outlets and inlets as described in this post. My problem is though that the pipe that comes out of the bottom end of the engine is kicking out alot of oil? In this guide it says you just led a long pipe down through the swingarm and pointing toward the ground, presumabley just as a breather pipe I assume, but mine is just spluttering out oil? I tried blocking it off completey by attaching a short length of pipe with a thick bolt siliconed in the other end but it just burst the pipe off and sprayed oil all over the rear shocker! :roll:

Could anyone confirm what function this pipe actually has and if its ok for me to block it off completely with silicone? Its the one in this picture:

Thanks in advance (hopefully! :wink: )

Steve

Old 09-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #32

Could anyone confirm what function this pipe actually has and if its ok for me to block it off completely with silicone?

It is the crankcase breather tube, and no, it is not a "good" idea to block it off (otherwise the crankcase can't breathe, which it HAS to do, as the physical size of the crankcase changes as the piston goes up and down)

Some oil out of this tube is ok, but too much oil is caused by:
1) over filling
2) compression loss past the rings

Maybe running the hose as high as you can, then down, will slow the oil loss? There may be an internal baffle that is missing? (either plain missing, or not installed because the intention was to run it into the "box" and 10 cents could be saved)

Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #33

It's supposed to go to the airbox to burn the oil 'smoke'.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #34

Hi.

Thanks for your speedy replies. :wink: Right then, I won't block it off! I'll try and route it high like you say then back down again, see if that helps. Theres not a 'massive' amount of oil coming from it, but enough to be a nuisance and make a small pool of oil when I park up. :s

Cheers again!

Steve

Old 09-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #35

Once upon a time, far, far, away........ you would direct that "oil smoke" to whatever chain needed lubricating, be it the primary (with a dry clutch), or the drive chain. At that time, and place, a little oil "leaking" was just your bike "marking it's spot" (so it would know where "home" was if the driver was on holiday).

Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
Once upon a time, far, far, away........ you would direct that "oil smoke" to whatever chain needed lubricating, be it the primary (with a dry clutch), or the drive chain. At that time, and place, a little oil "leaking" was just your bike "marking it's spot" (so it would know where "home" was if the driver was on holiday).
..good one