Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #31

I agree with the oil thing red...my brother is a mechanic and he said dont even bother with the oil right now, I have had no probs yet, I do agree to be safe and optimistic 8) an oil change and higher quality will do fine right off the bat, but I wouldnt worry too much if you would rather concentrate on other things!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #32

Mine pops out of first occassionally at a light. (rather embarrasing)

Since i've been downshifting to first while rolling before i stop it hasn't happened. Doesn't like going into first while stopped.. and neutral is almost impossible to find when stopped.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #33

I moved the cable back another two turns of the nuts and took her out for a spin. The shifting improved. It feels better and no pop outs. I can down shift easier as well. I will be moving it back a little bit more to see if I hit the sweet spot. Neutral is not hard to find.
That being said, I find that my rear wheel isn't round. Needs a spoke adjustment. I remember doing that to my pedal bike in the seventies and found it to be a pain, even though I was maybe 7. I think I will go to the experts at a local pedal bike shop and let them work their magic on it.
My signal got real slow again on the right side. Couldn't tell what the problem was off the bat, until I looked at the rear light. The bulb was blown. On examination. it looked fine. Took the other one out from the left side and popped it in the right side and the signals worked fine. Picked up some replacements at Canadian Tire and put a spare in my on bike tool box. Unfortunately the plastic for the turn signal cracks just around the screw hole. I turned it just a bit too tight. Cheap plastic! I'll see if it stays on, if not... LED replacements.

Sloppy Bike! But I'm ironing it out...

At 500km now.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #34

Here's a bit of an update on my break'in.

Had a stretch of open road today and tested to see if I still had the front wobble after 105km/hr. (Have not changed my front tire yet)
I hit 112km/hr (69.5mph) on the speedo. It was like a brick wall. Tried to get passed it 4 times today without luck. The bike was rock solid. No wobble or any thing else. I did find latter on in the ride the spark plug was bit loose so I tightened it up. I need to get the bike to 130km/hr (80mph) . Will do the filter, jet & muffler mods.

After a number of appointments, I passed by an entrance to a dirt trail in a County Forest. Went in for a look and had my first real trail ride. Hill climbs, tight twisty bush trails, mud, sand YAAAHOOOOO!

My new clock even hung on for the whole run. I should have checked my bike after the tour though...
...seems I dragged a 3 foot stick that got stuck in the kickstand all the way across town to my door.

725km on the odometer so far.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #35

should keep the stick as a momento, hahaha

Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #36

Yeah I have been having alot of the same problems...I only gear down to 1st on a tight turn now at a stop sign or something......I have had too many slips trying to find the fraggin gear
Grease from the ball bearings is spewing out my bike too...also there is a slight nudge to the left on my steering...I have to fix it.if I hit a pot hole I will probably be in the wrong lane...it looks like there is a rubber band type of thing, I guess to keep the grease from coming out, it looks like it has a kink in it up into the steering column, I hope if I can straighten it out that will fix the problem...my bros on vacation so he wont be around to help for a few weeks...I have an HSGY200 as well!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #37

I have the same wobbling problem at about 65-70MPH on the speedo.. not GPS verified.

I am wondering if it could be the front mud gaurd... if you look at it it is kinda angled up, mabye it is catching the wind under it, lightening up the fron end???

Just a thought... could take it off and compare it with and without.

As to your shifting problem.. mine does not like going into first at a stop either..this is normal. You should be in 1st before you stop moving.. If you cant then you may need to let the clutch out a little and try it that way... or roll the bike back or forward a little.

Ken

Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Yeah I have been having alot of the same problems...I only gear down to 1st on a tight turn now at a stop sign or something......I have had too many slips trying to find the fraggin gear
Grease from the ball bearings is spewing out my bike too...also there is a slight nudge to the left on my steering...I have to fix it.if I hit a pot hole I will probably be in the wrong lane...it looks like there is a rubber band type of thing, I guess to keep the grease from coming out, it looks like it has a kink in it up into the steering column, I hope if I can straighten it out that will fix the problem...my bros on vacation so he wont be around to help for a few weeks...I have an HSGY200 as well!
I'm real interested in what you find with the leaking grease issue. I't a bit like a bleeding wound. I think I will tear it down and fix it this weekend. I'll take some pics and post them here.
The adjusting I did to the cable at the engine removed my shifting problems.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #39

Man you guys discovered a lot lately

elroyjetsn Posted: Mine pops out of first occassionally at a light. (rather embarrasing) Since i've been downshifting to first while rolling before i stop it hasn't happened. Doesn't like going into first while stopped.. and neutral is almost impossible to find when stopped.

That, and being in the right gear at the right time is why I learned to down shift. When the light turns green I know I'm in the right gear and it's ingaged. Downshifting is good, and as red says it saves the brakes.

Squish:
Until I broke my front fender, I didn't know just how much air my fender was catching.

kens97sto171 Just a thought... could take it off and compare it with and without. No front fender is illegal here, but I'd bet if you do it, you would have a smoother ride.

Wheel truing is something I wasn't comfortable with till red gave me a slap. There is great info on truing, and tuning wheels here if you search for it. If you sit down with a pop and take your time I'd bet you can do it. Worst case, take it to the shop after you try. The price is the same.

Uneven blinking usually happens when you put in the wrong wattage bulb. It makes the signal rely blink slow usually. If it doesn't light at all it's usually a bigger problem.

As for the grease, I don't know if there is a seal. The only problem besides the dirt would be if all yer grease weeped away. Stiffening is the only warning to repack the bearings in grease.

Don't know if I helped, or made sense, but I tried.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #40

Yup, I will be getting my brother to look at the bearings, mine started leaking badly and I swear my steering is worse now, probably from the lack of grease...terrible problems with fixing this shi7 but will eventually have to do.seeing as though yours is doing the same its probably a manufacturer defect.like Iron said some tightening will probably help!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #41

Check your front tire. My OEM front tire has extremely irregular tread pattern. The knobbies in any given row may vary up to 5mm or so in length. 8O

No doubt, that is contributing to my low speed front whobble. Non whatsoever at higher speeds for some reason. :wink:

I'm hoping that as it wears, they'll even out some. Lousy QC, that's all!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #42

This HSUN 200GY of mine has a PZ-30 carb. What exact size of UNI Foam Pod filter do I get/order?

Who do I contact to get a couple of main jets for it?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #43

Local shop Squish, or call Bruce. Don't bother with email from what I heard. I don't have his number, but it's been posted lots.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #44

Not sure but you might want to look for a 30 on the pod filter I.D.
Im not sure the 30 in pz-30 is the O.D. SIZE, but I think you should
Match the o.d. of your carb throat with the i.d. of the filter ..Im guessin outer diameter and inner diameter....look forward to your answer as I believe I also have a pz-30......

Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #45

that grease leak is not too bad. there is some really good grease at napa autoparts. I belive it has a drop temp of 800 deegrees F it is red in color. if you decide to get it make sure to have some old gloves to handle it with. if you get it on your skin/clothes it will not wash out.