Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I would agree, but there's no murders,,,, yet.
None that we know of anyway.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 04-18-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
None that we knw of anyway.
Gators.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 AM   #363

Except for the nightmare, and failure, to get down here last Sunday thanks to our April snowstorm, it has been a pleasant visit. I was pulled ten different directions, which is normal, but I was able to get some stuff done. The minor reorganization seems to have been working.

Because of the new crane project, I spent a lot of time with the new engineering staff. There were a lot of wide eyed stares when I told them that we can’t use a certain attachment if we install the controls in the crane to use a different attachment. So, it now appears that I have my own engineering staff. And my own cube.

One big issue we still have is the Fat One. I’m fed up with the lack of action and accountability on his part, so I paid him a visit with the COO in tow. Let’s just say there was an attitude change on his part. We’ll see how long that lasts.

The one annoying thing for me this year, now, is how far ahead I have to plan for travel. It used to be 7 days. Now it’s 3 to 4 weeks. Next week is Mexico, following week is Denver, week after that is back in Beaufort. Somewhere in May, I need to go to NOLA and Miami for a day or two and I actually have a couple days off. So far, I’ve already racked up 27000 miles in the air.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 PM   #364

Little bit of an update.
Heading back down on Monday. Driving down in the shop truck and towing their little trailer with my tool box on it, among other things. Staying for two weeks to finish up a project I wasn’t even supposed to work on.
Trailer has sat in my backyard without moving for two years and so has most of the crap in the storage unit. The truck only gets used every four to six weeks and usually will need to be jumped to get it going. Won’t drive it to the airport because it’s a PITA to park, I have thousands of dollars worth of tools in the bed protected by a 1/16” vinyl cover, the later F150s are a target for a-holes pinching spare tires, and I already have three vehicles in my driveway. Truck, trailer, and toolbox are not coming back with me. Flying home and they can pay me mileage to use my own vehicle from now on. 90% of my driving is the 25 miles each way to and from O’Hare, anyway.
When I opened the account for the storage unit, I got a 10 x 20 unit because the plan was to share it with the other two guys based in NE IL. Yeah, neither guy has anything in there. It’s less than 1/4 full and costs almost $150 a month. What fits on the trailer is heading to Beaufort. What’s left, if it has any value or use to me, will end up in a smaller unit. Otherwise, it will get tossed.

I understand that I’m walking into hornets’ nest down there. Should be interesting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 AM   #365

Good luck.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #366

fortunately for you, the heat is slacking off some now. it's been an oven down here for the past couple weeks.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:14 PM   #367

Good luck Cheesy.....be safe

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #368

After spending most of yesterday to go through the trailer, it's ready to roll.

Going to throw one of my 3 speeds on the trailer and ride that from the hotel to the shop and back. Pretty sure I will be sick of the truck by Tuesday. A new hotel, HOME 2 by Hilton, opened just down the road from the building so I'm giving that one a try. Normal place was booked for USMC graduations.

BTW, this happened in NJ Friday.

Rotten wood ties gave way. Good thing we were at less than 5 mph.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #369

WoW, and they wonder why some trains derail. The ones running through the town I live outside of have not been replaced since the late '80s. You can step on them and the edges just crumble. Yeah, no other way to cross the tracks on foot except by playing in traffic.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #370

Man, it’s a long drive to Beaufort from Dundee. Like a thousand miles.

Ben, this is why there are ‘Slow Orders’ all over the country. Deferred Maintenance is what the bean counters call it. This little fiasco earned some guys some OT, tho.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
...Deferred Maintenance is what the bean counters call it.

In the nuclear world, it's called Run to Failure. The V.P. at the local plant actually stated that's what he intends to do, to cut the downtime while in an outage.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:20 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
In the nuclear world, it's called Run to Failure. The V.P. at the local plant actually stated that's what he intends to do, to cut the downtime while in an outage.
That should bite him in the ass big time.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #373

Run to failure is how my company operates. We do basic PMs but no shut downs. The plant is running 3 shifts 5 days a week. They complain when the mait dept has to work overtime to fix equipment.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #374

Well, I sorta survived this last trip. Again, did not accomplish all what I set out to do. On the plus side, their trailer is out of my back yard, their truck is no longer in my driveway, I no longer need to spend a good part of my day hunting down tools, and I can get in some good bicycle riding when I’m stuck there.
Downsides were that of the promised eight days I was to have the machine to work my magic on, I had three. Stuff wasn’t ready, so I sat on my hands a lot. Also, the unqualified purchasing agent was up to his old tricks, so I didn’t have the stuff I needed work with. I couldn’t get accounting to pay me use my own vehicle for work, so I ended up with the companies 2010 Fusion. Not a bad compromise because it’s smaller, more comfortable, quiet, and gets fantastic mileage.
I did get to witness some of drama I get to hear about. Makes me glad I don’t get need to be there often and that I’m not long for the corporate world. Geez, what are we? A bunch of middle school girls?
This was the only time I’m driving back and forth to the place. At a grand worth of miles each way, that makes for a long couple of days.

Two years, four months.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #375

Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
....Two years, four months.

Hope you make it!