Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for alerting us to the new video, Ughmas.

I forgot about the adjustable rebound damping of the forks, until I viewed the video. Apparently the shock absorber is also adjustable; I image it has spring preload adjustment. In addition, the Zongshen engine has a counter balancer.
Yes, Spud. Plus, I like the fact that not only is CSC doing their own upgrades here regarding switch gear, mirrors, 300W stator, etc...but that they're working directly with Zong to have their own custom work added at the factory, which includes the matte black frame, the black chrome handlebars and other items.

I think that this type of working relationship between the China manufacturer and the American importer is long overdue, and I applaud CSC for making this happen. There had to be quite the commitment by CSC to say, "If you do this for us at your factory, I promise I'll sell this many bikes".

This is going to be more of a "factory custom" Hondoid built to CSC specs in many ways, along with known Zongshen mechanical quality. Very exciting and Joe really knows how to dangle that carrot in front of us, doesn't he?????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #317

Oh No Silver satin handlebars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Yes, Spud. Plus, I like the fact that not only is CSC doing their own upgrades here regarding switch gear, mirrors, 300W stator, etc...but that they're working directly with Zong to have their own custom work added at the factory, which includes the matte black frame, the "black chrome handlebars" and other items.

This is going to be more of a "factory custom" Hondoid built to CSC specs in many ways, along with known Zongshen mechanical quality. Very exciting and Joe really knows how to dangle that carrot in front of us, doesn't he?????
I thought that Joe had said CSC was up-grading the flat black TT250 handlebars to "silver satin" finish in the CSC Blog of January 14th?

Old 02-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #318

And the painted body panels both sides.

/

Old 02-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I thought that Joe had said CSC was up-grading the flat black TT250 handlebars to "silver satin" finish in the CSC Blog of January 14th?
Was it silver satin? My error.... I've only had the chance to gobble this video once so I'll need to watch it again.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #320

Luggage

Did you al get the email I got from CSC about the TT250 luggage among other items????????????

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 08-29-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:04 AM   #321

Yes, I did get the email.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #322

Tutorial Suggestion!

Hey Joe!....or whoever's there on the other side of the CSC Curtain.

I know that every CB I've bought comes with junk lubricants. I also know that among other things, you're changing the oil before the TT250's go out (thank you!).....but I have also changed the fork fluid on every CB I've owned and it's VASTLY improved the fork response, dampening and handling of the bikes. I'm not sure about the TT250 but all my other CB's have had "virtual water" in them.

How about a "fork fluid tutorial" that includes proper CC's of oil per fork for those here who are not keen on this procedure?

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #323

Thumbs Up =Curses!!!

dam u CLZ, SPUD et al...!!!!! here i'd held out for all these months against the surging infectious Zong/CSC/TT tide.....but

DAMNED if it didnt get me in the "End" :}

ADD me to the Boat of the Saved!!!! LOL

Trigger Pulled!!!!
BUT, since part of my heritage is native, I chose the Obviously faster (wink) red one!!

soooo, when it arrives, will compare it to my hawk and let you know

Have to admit, theses CSC guys look like a horse worth betting on!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #324

Welcome to The Cult of The Zong.

Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #325

Quote:
Hey Joe!....or whoever's there on the other side of the CSC Curtain.

I know that every CB I've bought comes with junk lubricants. I also know that among other things, you're changing the oil before the TT250's go out (thank you!).....but I have also changed the fork fluid on every CB I've owned and it's VASTLY improved the fork response, dampening and handling of the bikes. I'm not sure about the TT250 but all my other CB's have had "virtual water" in them.

How about a "fork fluid tutorial" that includes proper CC's of oil per fork for those here who are not keen on this procedure?
Coming up, my friend. Part of the reason we haven't posted it yet is that the four preprod prototype bikes we have in house have forks w/o the adjustable damping feature, so doing a tutorial on those would be irrelevant. As soon as we receive the production bikes, Priority One will be a rapid fork disassembly/reassembly with all of the information you request, along with a maintenance tutorial we'll post on the CSC blog. It's one of the last remaining items we'll include in the free TT250 Operating and Service Manual we are including with each motorcycle. The teardown/reassembly/maintenance tutorial will happen on the first bike out of the shipping containers. We'll post it the first day we receive the bikes.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Coming up, my friend. Part of the reason we haven't posted it yet is that the four preprod prototype bikes we have in house have forks w/o the adjustable damping feature, so doing a tutorial on those would be irrelevant. As soon as we receive the production bikes, Priority One will be a rapid fork disassembly/reassembly with all of the information you request, along with a maintenance tutorial we'll post on the CSC blog. It's one of the last remaining items we'll include in the free TT250 Operating and Service Manual we are including with each motorcycle. The teardown/reassembly/maintenance tutorial will happen on the first bike out of the shipping containers. We'll post it the first day we receive the bikes.
HOLY COW! You guys ROCK!
We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!

You better quit spoiling us or we may curl up on the floor and piddle on ourselves! You do realize that 70% of being a China Rider over the last decade was constantly searching for parts and info online and having that feeling of "one man on an island", dont you?? ;-)

Thanks Joe!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
dam u CLZ, SPUD et al...!!!!! here i'd held out for all these months against the surging infectious Zong/CSC/TT tide.....but

DAMNED if it didnt get me in the "End" :}

ADD me to the Boat of the Saved!!!! LOL

Trigger Pulled!!!!
BUT, since part of my heritage is native, I chose the Obviously faster (wink) red one!!

soooo, when it arrives, will compare it to my hawk and let you know

Have to admit, theses CSC guys look like a horse worth betting on!
HAH! HAH! It's useless to resist... Congrats!...and we'll all find out if red is fastest! I figured that white had the least collected wind molecules!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #328

Quote:
You do realize that 70% of being a China Rider over the last decade was constantly searching for parts and info online and having that feeling of "one man on an island", dont you?? ;-)
That's exactly how our community was founded. CSC, stop solving all of our problems, or we'll have nothing to talk about!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #329

ship comes in? when?

Joe, did u get an update or rough idea on your trip as to when the bikes are likely to arrive?
April maybe?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-01-2016, 01:54 AM   #330

Yes yes, the last day of Don't miss the boat is upon us! That means we're coming down to the wire guys/gals! Those mods are gonna be coming out the very first day and I'm exciting to see all the threads that pop up.