Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
i don't think I have ever seen anybody with a full size atv jack on a motorcycle lift table before .When I scrap a car ,I grab the scissor jack ,put a stable base on them then Weld a metal tube across the top and use them as jacks on my lift tables .I am almost finished an atv sized lift table so I might steal your idea for that .
It's called "Anything I can do NOT to be on the floor"!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #287

My back resembles that as well 2lz , I have two quads I need to go through ,and I do a few sleds during the winter so that's why I am doing the bigger lift table this time .

Old 01-30-2017, 03:48 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
...Isn't that aluminum box swingarm a work of art?
oh, i suppose so, if you go for that sort of thing....I WANT ONE
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
My back resembles that as well 2lz , I have two quads I need to go through ,and I do a few sleds during the winter so that's why I am doing the bigger lift table this time .
I've been beating my brain up to come up with something "China Rider-ish" for getting my quad up on the lift. I was thinking of a thick sheet of plywood or something.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #290

KL supply sells several different lifts ,and several attachments to use a lift for atv ,side x side use etc .if you check out their website ,you can do the Chinese thing and copy,copy ,copy .

Old 02-07-2017, 12:00 AM   #291

The other day I made a deal for Emerikol ' s DR 650 3.5 gal fuel tank . I am a happy camper. He is a hell of a guy.

I bought 2 rubber mounting pucks that were used on ebay for $10, great deal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122147018737...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Picked up a petcock for the tank since the original has a vacuum control valve which Emerikol told me could not be used. It was about $7 on ebay too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131642104439...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Got a headlamp . Cheap and works as advertisedhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SSQEVQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I only paid $13, Looks like it went up

And a zippered case for it too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My speedo also went out, tired it out on my 132 mile run. 50mph on dirt roads is not good for instruments. I ordered this , will give it a try, anything in the $20 range is no big deal to me and worth the risk.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401162152867...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #292

Glad you like the tank, BlackBike! Don't go saying pleasant things about me though, I only talk to you guys after I have my coffee... Seriously, I'm really glad that you got all the bits and pieces put together for it. I really like that speedo/cluster assembly. Give me a shout if you need any help with the install, or what should go where. Looking forward to the build thread on this one!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #293

Blackbike, let me know how that speedo works out. I have that on my Amazon wish list. just haven't pulled the trigger in it yet. From what I read on it it's a good unit. Just be careful on going through the setup. The default setting is for a single cylinder. If you accidently set it to 2 cylinders you can not set it back to 1.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #294

picking this up tonight, needs trans work, but, as it seems to keep going for me (knock on wood) the price is definately right.... 2003, 146k miles, clean body, clean interior, not been smoked in... for a whopping total of....drumroll...... $350... freind got me hooked on an app called LetGo... like craigslist without the scammers...

Old 02-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #295

Super jealous, BogieBoy! My wife and I were going to pick up a new 2017 Forrester because we were having some issues with our Suburban. Like an idiot I got bored one afternoon and started digging into the issues we were having. Making a short story long, most of the problems weren't that much of a bear to tackle, and I've got the old beast ticking over good as new now. Took me having to drop the fuel tank to do it, but I suppose it was worth it. At least now we won't be laying out more cash for a car payment with Nugget on the way. My wife uses the LetGo app, too. We're trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff though, not get more in the garage and workshop. Anybody want an upright Grand Piano? I'll even help you load it on this end...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Anybody want an upright Grand Piano? I'll even help you load it on this end...
hehe, just like the commercials

[QUOTE=bogieboy;242559]picking this up tonight, needs trans work, but, as it seems to keep going for me (knock on wood) the price is definately right.... 2003, 146k miles, clean body, clean interior, not been smoked in... for a whopping total of....drumroll...... $350... freind got me hooked on an app called LetGo... like craigslist without the scammers...

and i have heard of stories of HIGH milage subees just keep running. looks like a good pick.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Super jealous, BogieBoy! My wife and I were going to pick up a new 2017 Forrester because we were having some issues with our Suburban. Like an idiot I got bored one afternoon and started digging into the issues we were having. Making a short story long, most of the problems weren't that much of a bear to tackle, and I've got the old beast ticking over good as new now. Took me having to drop the fuel tank to do it, but I suppose it was worth it. At least now we won't be laying out more cash for a car payment with Nugget on the way. My wife uses the LetGo app, too. We're trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff though, not get more in the garage and workshop. Anybody want an upright Grand Piano? I'll even help you load it on this end...

I have been looking for a potential replacement for the trusty rusty 96 dodge dakota for a while now, but hadn't had any luck finding what I wanted.... tried letgo for the heck of it, and yeah.... first night... I figure worst case, throw a whole trans in it, drive the wheels off.... gonna do a heck of a lot better fuel mileage than the V8 dakota...

Old 02-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #298

I found a few nice things on LetGo too... now to talk the Mrs. into giving me some spending $$ (some times it really sucks being a stay at home parent, only having one income to buy new toys with blows )

Also found someone trying to sell a "Early 2000's Zebra China Bike, no title" for an insane amount ($1,400!!!)... it's missing every plastic piece and the kick starter... exhaust is rusted... and looks "well maintained".... wait... scratch that... I would have to change that to say... "extremely used and abused" would be a little more correct to put in that posting

I might get a xt250 or a subaru outback to play with, both are (usually) within my "new toy budget"... the Subaru "has transmission issues" (if it's the 4 speed auto, it's usually a quick and easy fix on that year/model of subaru)... the xt250 I was going to use the engine and wire harness for the Bashan... scrap the rest of the bike (and it's show room perfect from the looks of it)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #299

azhule, I have grown up working on dodges, but don't know much about transmissions... talk to me about trans issues... the one I have has a trans leak... common spots to look for that? appears to be leaking drivers side... also has a clunk which may be the "subaru torque bind"? gonna try the fwd fuse, see what happens...

Old 02-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
azhule, I have grown up working on dodges, but don't know much about transmissions... talk to me about trans issues... the one I have has a trans leak... common spots to look for that? appears to be leaking drivers side... also has a clunk which may be the "subaru torque bind"? gonna try the fwd fuse, see what happens...
Most common leak will be the rubber transmission lines right below the starter, check those first.

If it has "Torque Bind" the transfer clutches and solenoid can be replaced with the transmission still in the car....they are located in the rear section.
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member