Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #286

I learned all this from Old Weird, and Cheap, Harold as I was running him to O’hare yesterday. I mentioned that it seemed that our benefit cuts were being used to hire more managers in Europe. He nodded and said something like you noticed, too.

Jason hasn’t said as much but we believe he’s getting ready to jump ship. Just getting that feeling.

On the plus side, the IT guy and I worked to get my laptop set up after France failed to connect to it remotely. IT guy did warn me about using one program that allows me to access all the manuals on the company server. It also allows France to track our usage until we sign out of it. Good thing is that the program is so buggy that it doesn’t work half the time. I have all the manuals, and then some, on a 3TB portable hard drive that only I have access to so I have no need to use the spyware.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #287

Eventually, they won't be able to get out of the hole and the doors will close. I feel bad for you guys that have tried to be good honest workers and been burned.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #288

Ho li chit.
Florence is closing the place down until it passes. On top of that, there is a brand new $5M piece of equipment sitting outside that cannot be brought back into the building because of its size. That was supposed to have shipped two weeks ago but because of internal politics, it sits.

In other news. Salary reviews scheduled for August were postponed until April. Many of the good people they have hired have had it and are beginning to turn in resignations.

This one made the Island Packet News. Someone stole several blank company checks after August 31st and so far have written several for a total of over $88,000.00. Appears that the thief has been making out checks and mailing them to random people, sometimes as Publishers Clearing House winnings. The office only found out when some honest people called wanting to know why our company was sending them a check for several grand. Gonna follow this one.

Last, but not least, someone snagged the new HR persons’ Hotpocket from the lunchroom fridge and she had a major meltdown. Pretty much accused the entire factory staff as being guilty of it and threatened to press charges if she finds who did it. Has even said she was going to install security cameras in the lunchroom. She had stuck a printed sign on the fridge stating pretty much what I’ve told you guys. Someone with a odd sense of humor drew a smiling stick figure on the sign and signed it, ‘The Food Thief’. If I were there right now, I’d make it a point, along with a few others that I trust, to walk past her office eating a Hotpocket

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #289

Damn! Def looks like things are going terminal there...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #290

O.m.g. !

Old 09-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Ho li chit.
Florence is closing the place down until it passes. On top of that, there is a brand new $5M piece of equipment sitting outside that cannot be brought back into the building because of its size. That was supposed to have shipped two weeks ago but because of internal politics, it sits.

In other news. Salary reviews scheduled for August were postponed until April. Many of the good people they have hired have had it and are beginning to turn in resignations.

This one made the Island Packet News. Someone stole several blank company checks after August 31st and so far have written several for a total of over $88,000.00. Appears that the thief has been making out checks and mailing them to random people, sometimes as Publishers Clearing House winnings. The office only found out when some honest people called wanting to know why our company was sending them a check for several grand. Gonna follow this one.

Last, but not least, someone snagged the new HR persons’ Hotpocket from the lunchroom fridge and she had a major meltdown. Pretty much accused the entire factory staff as being guilty of it and threatened to press charges if she finds who did it. Has even said she was going to install security cameras in the lunchroom. She had stuck a printed sign on the fridge stating pretty much what I’ve told you guys. Someone with a odd sense of humor drew a smiling stick figure on the sign and signed it, ‘The Food Thief’. If I were there right now, I’d make it a point, along with a few others that I trust, to walk past her office eating a Hotpocket
I hope the thieves aren't caught but the check grabber may get it.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #292

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #293

Grab your skis, this is going downhill quickly!

Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #294

I think it maybe time to brush up that resume and cut bait. The lies just keep coming.

The folks that were told to evacuate because of Florence were docked three days pay.
Salary reviews that were supposed to happen last month and were moved to April of 2019 have now been moved to sometime in 2020. I have not had a pay raise in 5 years and took a hell of a pay cut this year.
That $5 million dollar machine did make back inside before Florence hit but still hasn't shipped and now won't ship until Oct.1. The Fat One of the Three Stooges payed the full shipping amount upfront and now wonders why the shipper is slow to return his calls. The Three Stooges have told us that getting that machine to the customer is not their #1 priority. We are taking a daily penalty hit for each day the damn thing is late.
Several million have been lost because Inside Sales have been too slow in returning quotes to customers. The customers got tired of waiting and went to other vendors.
We are facing a multimillion dollar lawsuit because of my boss and our CEOs habit of 'ignoring a problem until it goes away'. This one is not going to go away.
An accounting error has put my department $75,000 in the hole. They haven't fixed it yet and it would never have happened in Elgin. Because the new Accounting Dept are a bunch of effin' idiots, the Field Guys now have to change how we do our expense accounts.
The new HR person is heavily pushing an AFLAC supplemental insurance policy that no one wants and most of the employees can't afford. Us old guys figure she's getting a kickback from it. She is also known as the fourth member of the Three Stooges, The Saggy One.
I just learned today that I probably don't even work for Harold anymore, I may be working for The Gimpy One now and that is totally unacceptable.

Hell of a thing to happen to a company that was once a great place to work.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #295

Very sad to hear the ship is nosing in.

Good luck and thankfully you have a backup plan.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #296

I feel terrible for you ,but by now I would of already walked away .You are a much better man than I .

Old 09-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #297

It used to be a fantastic place to work for. Not anymore.

I'm working in Puerto Rico and have been here since last Sunday. I may not be home until next Thursday. I know, rotten duty. but someone has to do it. I came down here to 'Supervise' an install that should never be done in the field and ended up doing 90% of the work myself. I won't fault Jason as not helping but he's kind of a large guy and doesn't fit into places I can. Also, customers are constantly calling him, and me, because they can't get a response from their sales rep or customer service in Beaufort. I have dropped almost $400 on hydraulic fittings that weren't included in the 'COMPLETE' install kit. Because of the eff up on the kit, half of the hoses are JIC and half are BSPP. Some are both. Thank God that Puerto Rico Hydraulic didn't give me the Deer in the headlight stare when I asked for BSPP fittings, but I did clean them out.

However, the reason for my decision is that the Fat One overnighted an $80,000 check to a shipping company we've never dealt with, let alone heard of. He was pressed on it today and asked why he didn't call the company we've used in the past. He said he did and they didn't want the job. Harold, who a lot of friends within that company called and found that they've never had a call from us about it. The fact that Fat One still had a job after 5PM, when I get called on the carpet for tipping an extra half a buck, was the final straw.

My last resume was on 3.5 floppy, so I will need to do an entire new one. I'm also demanding a breakfast meeting with Harold next weekend to let him know I'm done. Jason may be there, too. Hate like hell to do this to Harold, because we've worked closely together for a long time, but enough is enough. I know he's fed up, too, but is still tipping at windmills, hoping things will go back the way they were. Unfortunately, Modern Track Machinery is dead and buried next to Claude Geismar.

The day I turn in my resignation, a scathing email will be going out to our international CEO, the Chairman of the Board, and the owner of the company, all whom I know personally and am on a first name basis with, letting them know that they fcuked up royally by putting their trust in the wrong people.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #298

I am truly sorry for you being part of a mess like this ,especially at your stage in life .I bet ,you won’t be needing that resume ,someone knows your work abilities and reputation ,and you will be hired before you leave your current position .

Old 09-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #299

I really feel for you, Cheesy. I know what it's like to watch a company go downhill (as in over a cliff very fast with a tailwind), especially one that you've bled and sacrificed for. I really feel bad for hitting the "like" button on your posts, but I don't know what else to do to let you know that we're at least following along, and we're here for you. Sometimes having an outlet is a huge help by itself. I think that brushing up on the resume is a good idea, but I would recommend that taking a week or two off after you jump ship would be hugely therapeutic. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #300

sucks, but it's been a long time coming. Hope it works out for you!