Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #16

dmv

pitster is supposed to be sending me a new one printed on "security paper",, so ,I'll let you know

Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #17

The one they sent me for mine was printed on security paper complete with micro text, banding, and like 3 different styles of watermarks. I'm sure you will be OK .

Daddy 8)

Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #18

Oregon

Looks like Oregon might be a pain in the ass to! Just got back from DMV, I guess I now need some kind of EPA and NTSB certification paperwork. I contacted Pitser/waiting for a reply. Guy at DMV said it's normally printed on the MSO.
Jeff

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #19

I hope it all goes OK for you guys. I can't stand the stress I get at the DOL.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I hope it all goes OK for you guys. I can't stand the stress I get at the DOL.
DOL ? does that stand for the

department of luck

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #21

Sorta. In WA we have the DMV and the DOL. Department Of Licencing. Seperate entity. Much better, much less waiting. Still an anxiety festival though. :?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #22

im lucky enough ive had good experience's at the dmv but ive never tried to deal with a bike or car that hasnt been registered before..

my dad is huge into sand rails. but he likes em street legal also.. um he designs and builds the chassis himself from start to finish and does all the wires himself.. never had a issue at the dmv here in texas..

Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #23

pa DMV

spend the morning at the dmv ,,got shot down again ... pitster supplied a mso on the correct paper , but under'' mfger''. listed pitster and not xing yue as it should have been. xing yue is listed in the database and pitster is not ,,,,,,,,so gotta wait till monday to get ahold of pitster then see if they can print a correct one ,,,this is the last try ,then I'm going to go to my credit card co. Also pretty sure its leaking oil as the bottom of engine is covered with oil. Still no response from pitster on the speedo problem.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #24

Re: pa DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
spend the morning at the dmv ,,got shot down again ... pitster supplied a mso on the correct paper , but under'' mfger''. listed pitster and not xing yue as it should have been. xing yue is listed in the database and pitster is not ,,,,,,,,so gotta wait till monday to get ahold of pitster then see if they can print a correct one ,,,this is the last try ,then I'm going to go to my credit card co. Also pretty sure its leaking oil as the bottom of engine is covered with oil. Still no response from pitster on the speedo problem.
I am so sorry to hear about your saga. I loathe the DMV/DOL. They hire mostly people who could not cut it flipping burgers.

As far as the oil goes, hopefully it was spilled in shipping. As far as the speedo, worst case scenario I bet you can fabricate something.

As far as Pitster customer service, it's not looking good....

Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #25

Re: pa DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
I'm sorry to hear of your problems, Fish. :( I'm sure Pitster Pro can print another MSO that is acceptable to the DMV Nazis. :roll:

Spray some brake cleaner on the bottom of the engine, and hose it off. If the oil doesn't return after you run the engine, you don't have an oil leak.

I think FastDoc is correct; you can probably fabricate something to make your speedometer work, but you shouldn't have to. :( If Pitster can't correct your speedometer problem, you can ask them to refund you the price of a Trail Tech Vapor, digital speedometer. With a Trail Tech Vapor you can eliminate the speedometer cable, and instead run a line to a pickup coil, mounted on your fork. The Trail Tech Vapor will also give you a tachometer, and a trip odometer, both of which are currently missing on your motorcycle.

Has Daddy469 received his left crankcase cover? If not, Pitster Pro might be having difficulty obtaining parts from Xingyue, in China. This scenario could explain your difficulty in getting your speedometer problem resolved. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #26

I surely hope Pitster Pro get's this sorted out. Other than the publics negative view of Chinese motorcycles, the two largest hurdles to overcome are parts availability (in a timely manner) and proper documentation to register them. I sometimes think that the lower cost of the chinabikes (meaning lower profit margin) makes the dealers more interested in moving a large volume vs customer support. Ultimately this leads to their demise though, because without after sales support (good support that is) the publics view of chinabikes drops even more and they lose sales. It's a vicious circle.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #27

I had correct papers inside shipping cache straight from China.
I did not have any problem registering bike here in Finland.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #28

Plate in Oregon

Got my second batch of paperwork from Pitster on Monday. Took it in on Tuesday and got a plate no problem. I feel better already! So what did I do to celebrate? Took a ride! Put 50 miles on it, nothing fell off. Pretty much feels like a DRZ 400 with only a little more vibration. Big test will be this weekend out in Prineville. Anyone got an idea what skidplate might fit? It's pretty wide at the lower frame rails. I will take some measurements and look at the some web sites to see if I can find something to fit. Stock skid plate isnt much.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 10-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #29

Re: Plate in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetrimmer
Got my second batch of paperwork from Pitster on Monday. Took it in on Tuesday and got a plate no problem. I feel better already! So what did I do to celebrate? Took a ride! Put 50 miles on it, nothing fell off. Pretty much feels like a DRZ 400 with only a little more vibration. Big test will be this weekend out in Prineville. Anyone got an idea what skidplate might fit? It's pretty wide at the lower frame rails. I will take some measurements and look at the some web sites to see if I can find something to fit. Stock skid plate isnt much.
Thanks,
Jeff
Congratulations, Jeff. I would begin my search for a skid plate by examining the XR250R skid plates.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #30

Re: Plate in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetrimmer
Thanks,
Jeff
I'm happy, and relieved for you.

Have a great ride to Prineville. Weather looks good for us this coming weekend!

+1 on Spud's thoughts. Go to a Honda dealer with a tapemeasure and check out the XR's...