Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Better put on my riot gear, I have a feeling that I'm gonna get stoned!

Cheers!
Stew
nah just ran over by a muscle car doing 20 over the speed limit
Lolz! I'm cool with that!

Old 08-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Lol... I'll be the odd man out here. I like small cars, the weirder looking the better.
Cheers!
Stew
1992 Geo Metro...50mpg, 5-speed, could get it into a drift on some of the roads I ran... Yahoo!!!
I used it driving home health patient visits. Boss asked me, "How can you stand driving that little car?" (she had a Lincoln)

Me..."Hey, it's drier than my motorcycle was." :wink:

My favorite ride though:
Friend had a GTO Judge with Ram-Air. 4-speed. Stick a $50 bill on the dash with tape and let you try to get it before he hit 4th... 8O
Never saw him lose that 50... 8)
Bill

Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamp
The charger is an auto, only thing they sell, and getting 28 on the hwy is a plus out of the V8

should have bought a mustang..they are lighter then the charger, come in a stick shift, they dont have as much room, but the power and stick shift more then make up for it.
Yeah but then he'd be driving a Ford and that's unacceptable to some.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #19

true but i only see those people in my rear view mirror..

the tat im getting sometime this year is that calvin kid from the stickers that show him pissing on a dodge logo or a chevy logo.. but instead of pissing on the logo, he is going to have a gun with a smoking barrel in one hand while pissing on the 3 other calvins that are wearing chevy,dodge, and pontiac shirts.. they are shot in the head, and he is wearing a hat turned backwards with the shelby logo on it, and the back of his shirt has the ford logo.. and his head is turned slightly back like he is looking over his shoulder with a smirk...

Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #20

Quote:
true but i only see those people in my rear view mirror..
Hahaha.. good one. There's a HEMI Dodge out there somewhere which would kick your ass. There always is someone faster. I just had to take a shot at your Ford love. i have a few Mustaniac friends we're always bugging each other.

One of them has a real nice 95 he spends stupid amounts of money on.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #21

there is always something faster

but normal every day hemi magnum chargers, usually tell me when i have a brake light out at the next light..

Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy
*I blame her idiot father.

I commend my fine Father in law for insisting that my wife learn to drive a manual. God bless him.

In turn, I insisted that Son of Weldangrind buy a manual in his first vehicle. He now has a 5 speed 3.0 '91 Ranger in the driveway waiting for his sixteenth birthday in March.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I commend my fine Father in law for insisting that my wife learn to drive a manual. God bless him.
In turn, I insisted that Son of Weldangrind buy a manual in his first vehicle. He now has a 5 speed 3.0 '91 Ranger in the driveway waiting for his sixteenth birthday in March.
Amen, brother.
"But Dad, I don't want to drive a stick shift. Why do I have to learn?"

"Cause when you wind up somewhere you don't need to be and the only thing to drive home is a stick, you're at least gonna know the fundamentals."
They learned. My daughter is the only one that still drives a stick (and her hubby doesn't know how... :twisted: )
Bill

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamp
The charger is an auto, only thing they sell, and getting 28 on the hwy is a plus out of the V8

should have bought a mustang..they are lighter then the charger, come in a stick shift, they dont have as much room, but the power and stick shift more then make up for it.
We have a mustang too, my sons car.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I didn't have a choice either. My Dad and I picked up my first car a week before my 16th b-day. For $100 I got a 1982 Chevette Diesel. 45-60mpg 51hp 5 speed beast. It had enough torque to pull 4th from stop.

Most of our family vehicles were manuals too.

I would love to have that chevette back.
That Chevette would have been an interesting car. Couldn't have been slower than the gas version. I like those old little diesels. They would be a good SHTF car. Run forever on used cooking oil.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #26

Quote:

My first vehicle was an '83 Ranger XL 4cyl. I washed that truck more than all the others that came after. It later underwent a 3.8L V6 transplant. Unfortunately there was tissue rejection. :oops:

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I didn't have a choice either. My Dad and I picked up my first car a week before my 16th b-day. For $100 I got a 1982 Chevette Diesel. 45-60mpg 51hp 5 speed beast. It had enough torque to pull 4th from stop.

Most of our family vehicles were manuals too.

I would love to have that chevette back.
That Chevette would have been an interesting car. Couldn't have been slower than the gas version. I like those old little diesels. They would be a good SHTF car. Run forever on used cooking oil.
1st and 2nd were good 3rd and up it was a dog.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:

My first vehicle was an '83 Ranger XL 4cyl. I washed that truck more than all the others that came after. It later underwent a 3.8L V6 transplant. Unfortunately there was tissue rejection. :oops:
Please explain. We have access to a free Taurus with a 3.8, and some perusing of The Ranger Station tells us it is a viable swap. Apparently, the 3.0, 3.8 and 4.2 are the same family. What was the trouble?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #29

I also frequent The Ranger Station. Same screen name as here.

I had a patient let me drive his new Corvette ZO6 on Friday. Automatic. :?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #30

corvette burn out gone wrong, i think its funny they say bye bye 600 dollar tires but in reality the tires survived and its bye bye clutch and hello 1000+clutch repair

dodge truck burn out gone seriously wrong

so even tho i bleed ford blue when cut, i still feel somewhat sorry for that truck and vette.. those 2 people should never be allowed to drive anything other then a gio metro

and of course leave it to a ford to show people how to do a real mans burn out