Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #16

No instructions. But it was very easy to mount. I used the factory holes and bolts where I could.

I decided to wire all four lights to the low beam circuit, So I don't have I high beam now. I am considering getting a flash modal to alternate the center two lights when the high beam is turned on.

Here is a close up of the mount.
I also stuck a piece of black foam between the interment cluster and the back of the shield. It worked very well.

I used SS Allen head screws to match the factory screws as closely as I could.

The lights are much lower than stock and I get no light leaking back at me

Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #17

Wow, looks cool, Somewhat different cowling mounting than on the GY-5 though but a fab mount doesn't seem out of the question...

Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #18

It came with some brackets that clamp on to the fork tubes, that I didn't use. I have them posted in the for sale section.

I like the look so much I think I'll do what ever I need to if they aren't practical for night driving. I have been riding with them for two days now and I haven't had oncoming traffic flash their lights at me, and it seems like I am being seen in traffic.

So far so good. I got good comments from a stranger on an R6

Old 03-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #19

I want one!!! Somebody figure out how to put one on these GY-5's!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #20

Should be just the same

Old 03-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #21

Rode the bike for a good long night ride last night. The new lights worked surprisingly well. The light is not as focused as the stock headlight was. (though I never had any complaints about the light output of the stock Zongshen.) I changed out the light strictly for aesthetic reasons.

Anyway because there is about twice the overall light output the lack of focus is not a problem. At 50 mph I was reaching the end of the light pool in 2 seconds so it would be possible to overrun the headlight. I didn’t have other cars flashing their lights at me, and I followed a friend for a short distance. He said when I am a certain distance behind him the light has glare but I mostly stayed closer or further from his bumper and it wasn’t a problem.

So overall I give it a big thumbs up!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #22

Great job!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #23

Now that you've gotten your bike all good lookin and stuff, go and drop that thing off in a big ole nasty mud hole and cover you and your bike in mud and take some pics. That would be a great thread to start: see who can post the muddiest pics! I know where some good mudholes are!!!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #24

Since I commute daily on this bike, Dropping it in a big ol' mud hole is gonna hafta wait.

I may get a bigger bike in the fall or next spring. (If China ever makes a 400 cc or bigger Dual Sport) Then I will put knobbies on it and find that mud hole.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #25

I may have missed it somewhere but what kind of bike is yours? That is one nice lookin' ride! Is it basically stock or did you modify it to SM?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #26

Hey BikerDave. I just noticed you are in Vermont. Where abouts. I'm in Wolcott, about 15 minutes from Stowe. We gotta get together and ride man!!

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #27

Quote:
I may have missed it somewhere but what kind of bike is yours? That is one nice lookin' ride! Is it basically stock or did you modify it to SM?
Hi Biker Dave,

I've been posting a lot here since getting my bike so I assumed everyone knew I ride a Zongshen, Sierra 200.

The mods have been, in the order performed; Drilled exhaust & cleaned up the weld at the exhaust header, Added soft luggage, After market air filter (best mod), Trimmed body panel to reach fuel valve while riding, Replaced taillight with LEDs, And replaced headlights.

The tires came on the bike, but they also come with knobbies, depending on who is selling it.

Planned;SS break line, LED turn signals on hand guards and larger fuel tank.

The bike is at the shop for the first factory service and the whole staff came outside to check out the lights.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #28

Thru these on tonite to see how they looked and worked. Just ran 1 and it was much brighter.
May have to check O'Reilly's to see if they have some bigger ones. I kinda like the naked look.

Poly I sent you a PM.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #29

oops, wrong pic. lol

Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #30

You know, I'd actually considered this as an option. If you look at the top of the triple tree there seems to be a location that this would mount right up. Then you have to find a way to make a speedo work, may go with the digital that's been posted before.

Anyway, good idea.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)