Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #16

Well... So I decided I would make an attempt on fixing the lifan hub,
As I am a Truck Mechanic I have a bunch of "extra" parts laying around the shop, I ended up having a pair of 5th wheel mounting bushings laying on the bench I measured them and they were just a tad shy of 4.5" what I needed was 4.5" PERFECT!! With a hacksaw i cut a piece down to 1/2" thickness and I cut the center hole larger with a hole saw so it would slode into the hub pocket perfect. I think put the axle bolt in painted the 4 prongs on the sproket side of the hub slid it over and down then removed I know knew were I had to make my cuts for the prongs to slow into to make a nice snug fit.. It worked perfect. I then slid the sproket onto the hub over the rubber bushing I then removed the stock metric bolts that bolt the sproket down to the hub I drilled the holes "4" of them out to 5 1/6 I went threw the hole down threw the rubber bushing and threw the back side of the hub I then secured everything togethor with lock nuts. So far so good I installed the wheel spun it and everything is good and True!! No its just time for a roadtest if all is good I will hit the Bush later today for a trailride and will update this page later.

Dave.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #17

That may actually last longer than you think. I believe that the problem is the poor rubber quality and the come apart allowing alot of movement in the hub.

All the china rubber cush pieces I have seen have been deteriated except the ones in my lifan.

That BBB 125 I sold had the better direct mounted sprocket setup.

Allen

Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #18

That looks really good, Dave. I won't be able to go anywhere until the paint on the truck is dry. I'm sure we'll be able to sneak in a ride at some point soon.

Phil

Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #19

Ah.. That sucks Phil, But at the same time its good that you got the truck painted!! common put some heat on in the garage LOL maybe later this evening?

Anyhow here is a final picture shoes how I run the bolts threw the back of the hub threw the rubber cushin into the front section of the hub threw the sproket its all one solid piece that wont go anywere I test drove the bike today and it seems good!!

Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #20

Well... Myself and Phil ( Red85 ) Loaded the bikes onto the back of his truck and went for a ride tonight, It was a blast!! it was very muddy,
It has rained here in Ontario for about 2 weeks straight now everything was slick a few falls but we had a blast Put about 3 hours on the new
hub tonight everything works great no issues what so ever!! Now its time to put a new carb on the bike.....

Dave