Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #16

Actually I should have said "use a spade bit that is slightly larger than the bolt/washer that you plan to use and make sure the socket you plan to use fits in the countersunk bolt hole" DOH.

Yep those flat spade bits drill really nice holes in nylon.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertamer
Jim, is your wear to the point of roller contact? If so, does the wear seem to be the same rate?
Well I'll see about when I can get a new picture, but that idea doesn't seem to work in reality in this application... My chain and sprocket are always jammed full of rubber, and I think it is almost all the way through that pad now...

Thanks also TC, I'll keep that in mind
If the rollers look brite and shiney, they are likely making contact. But the rubber is so soft, it just compresses and lets the links keep on grinding away. Specially if you have a small rear sprocket that lets the chain pull even harder against the matt.
The rollers are pretty clean, but it is definitely still chewing through... I'll try either the nylon, or the timing belt as recommended

Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertamer
Jim, is your wear to the point of roller contact? If so, does the wear seem to be the same rate?
Well I'll see about when I can get a new picture, but that idea doesn't seem to work in reality in this application... My chain and sprocket are always jammed full of rubber, and I think it is almost all the way through that pad now...

Thanks also TC, I'll keep that in mind
If the rollers look brite and shiney, they are likely making contact. But the rubber is so soft, it just compresses and lets the links keep on grinding away. Specially if you have a small rear sprocket that lets the chain pull even harder against the matt.
The rollers are pretty clean, but it is definitely still chewing through... I'll try either the nylon, or the timing belt as recommended
Either one should be a major improvement from the stock. Be sure to protect the underside of the arm as well.