Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #16

they do look good together in that pic. who knows maybe we'll have another chinarider. its good to see someone have a positive interaction with the police. cool story.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Where did I bash? But you made a public post, I responded.
You said he "followed" you into a parking lot and "blocked" you in... yeah, sounds like some friendly gestures to me, especially since he was in a 3500lb car and you were on a 270lb bike. And they are not public "servants", their job is to catch you breaking a law and arrest/ticket you for it... which they tend to go way overboard in doing.

But if getting special attention from a man in uniform makes your day, more power to ya.
You said you had an accident a month ago, I searched and could not find it under your name is this the thread your talking about?

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...er=asc&start=0

I really don't think Knothead was "bashing public servants" just stating how most people would have reacted in the same situation.

You said the cop actually pulled you over or blocked you in just so he could get a better view of your bike? That is rather odd.. Maybe his car was parked there and you took the opportunity to snap a cool picture? Do you happen to have a camera handy on all of your rides? Judging on the picture it looks like there is no storage area on your bike so where do you keep the camera while you ride? Did the officer let you use his polaroid to snap it?

You said he actually took your bike for a ride!? Maybe you can upload a picture at least of him sitting on the bike, we would all love to see it, you know us China Riders we are big on the "Show Me" thing. Maybe when he stops by your house today to better look at your bikes or whatever you can snap some pictures of him riding it around. Just make sure hes not on the clock, his boss may not be as understanding of how he is using his time.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #18

^Fadumpte Kake!^

(Twikity doo? What the?)

Anydangways! Good post, good read I enjoyed it! Thank you, Mr Criding! I for one, think it;s a great thing when cops are more regular people than cops.

--Vince

Old 05-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
:wink: I took his initial post as just adding a little pazaz to make it a bit more interesting. If you look at the picture, there is a entire parking lot to the right, lol. Sometimes the way a story is told/worded can raise some peoples hair.
I agree, but I was trying not to be rude about it I was waiting for others to pull the BS flag.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #20

Quote:
I have no respect or patience for cops. Oh, and what the cop did is not legal in the least, can't do that unless he catches you breaking the law.
What is so illegal about him pulling into a parking lot, and talking to a person?

I think police deserve respect, they are out there putting their lives on the line to "serve and protect"... Obviously like in any job there could be bad eggs, but I don't think they represent the whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
Maybe his car was parked there and you took the opportunity to snap a cool picture? Do you happen to have a camera handy on all of your rides? Judging on the picture it looks like there is no storage area on your bike so where do you keep the camera while you ride? Did the officer let you use his polaroid to snap it?
What would the point of this be? Police officers are people too. They can talk to people in normal manner.... If the officer remembered him from his accident and wanted to see how he was doing, why is that such a bad thing? And what's with these paranoid accusations... A regular point and shoot camera isn't very big and can easily be carried in a pocket, or it could be a cell phone camera...

If you are writing these posts because of your previous grudge with this member I suggest you stop.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Sounds like the Officer remembered you and had enough courtesy to stop and see how you were. I find it unbearable that some people on this forum have to get disrespectful right away and try to be a "lawyer" when all you wanted to do was tell a decent story. No doubt those types are the low life's that we deal with daily on the street.
Hey mick, don't you think you should publicly apologise to knothead for calling him a low life. I've made over 1000 posts without calling someone a low life. That is unless, Mick and GY IS PORTERZ. Ganging up on 2 different computers.

If you are writing these posts because of your previous grudge with this member I suggest you stop.
Strongly.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #22

Quote:
those types are the low life's that we deal with daily
If you can't state your views without calling my friend a low life, please don't post.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
Let's take it to the backyard!

Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #24

SHeeesh guys, I kinda thought Knotheads comment was abrasive also.
But it's hardly worth all this bickering. Besides it turned a thread with a cool story into a fricken online moshpit.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #25

Well, I honestly didn't mean for this to turn into a hijack. But with terms like "lowlife" being tossed out I'll explain my side.
The deal with my getting pulled over and searched. It was around 9pm and dark. I left my house to drive ~5 miles to go to the grocery store and return some movies. No, I wasn't speeding, drunk(I don't drink, smoke, shoot up or take pills) or acting out in any way. I noticed that as soon as I got on the main road, a cop car was behind me, no big deal. Well, he stayed behind me all the way to the video store, pulled in behind me. I parked, went in and dropped the movies off and drove the Jeep to the other end of the shopping center to get some sodas and grub for lunch the next day, didn't see the cop who had parked in a dark corner of the lot, wouldn't have thoght anything about it if I had.
While I was in the store, it had started raining for the forst time in a couple of weeks... you all should know how slick that makes pavement. On top of that the exit from the store is on a sharp uphill grade and is always a bit greasy (there's a resturant in the centre, the exit is near the waste grease receptical). I tried twice to make it into the road without spinning the tires, on the third try I just let it spin (nothing crazy, just a little over idle) and made it into the road. Next thing I know, I have a freindly behind me with the lights on... sreaming at me through his PA to stop NOW!.. So I did. What did I get for my compliance? Oh yeah... a cocked and loaded .40 calibre about a foot away from my nose!... Now I have NEVER been in trouble with the law, nothing beyond a speeding ticket back in the early 90's, I wasn't used to something like this at all. To cut it short, I was treated like a complete criminal, detained for over an hour and a half while they searched my Jeep and my person for narcotics (I made the mistake of consenting) before they decided to let me go. I wound up filing a complaint with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation who did there job very well. Turns out the officer who pulled me over had several complaints against him including beating up a 19 year old girl for speeding! The officer wound up loosing his job (and I hope he's flipping burgers, or worse!) and his boss (the local sherrif) was fined. Oh yeah, they didn't find anything one me nor did I get any sort of ticket.. TBI said it was an improper stop. So there, I have the TBI on my side! Now just WHO was the LOWLIFE here? Hmmm, seems to me the one abusing his badge and the public trust would be the lowlife... but that's just my opinion.

Now, for a normal stop the Supreme Court has said that 20 minuets max is enough time to write a citation unless an arrest is being made... they simply are not allowed to detain you any longer than that and they CANNOT pull you over unless they see you breaking the law. LEO's are trained to get you to give up your rights against self incrimination, the right not to be searched and once you waive these rights they will look for any reason, any little thing, to arrest, cite or harass. The police have their place, and they have definite rules the must obey. A society that rolls back the bounds of what those in authority (control) are allowed to do soon finds itself without freedom, totally under state control. That's why we have a Bill of Rights here in the U.S., those same rights the LEO's try so hard to get you to give up with every stop.

Here's a little education for ya. You may not totally agree with some of the content, but the message is dead on.

So I have said my part, apologies again for being off topic. But I do take great exception with the lowlife inference. Cops can be lowlifes as much as anyone else, but when you have a lowlife behind a badge... it's bad.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #26

Oh heck! Guys, there's nothing to fight about here!
New, I appreciate you standing up for me, but it's OK. Let's not let this break down into an e-brawl.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #27

Quote:
New, I appreciate you standing up for me, but it's OK. Let's not let this break down into an e-brawl.
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I agree the low life statement was out of line, and your experience does suck, my point though was that not all police officers were bad, and the good ones deserve the respect.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I agree the low life statement was out of line, and your experience does suck, my point though was that not all police officers were bad, and the good ones deserve the respect.
Oh yeah, I have hung out with the police (state and city.. not the local township police though!) and even dated a cute female city officer for a year and a half. At the rifle range I'm usually the only non-LEO in the bunch. I just think the power the police carry MUST be kept in tight check as it has so much potential for abuse and gets abused way too often because people are totally unaware of their rights.

Jerry??.... Garcia??

Old 05-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #29

When I was sixteen, My father started showing signs of a heart attack.
I called a good friend of ours to help because we lived far out of town.
I was alone and scared because my ol man had alot of problems in the past and had a bipass surgery before. Our friend arrived in his old mustang Mach 1..We loaded pops up and called an ambulance to meet us halfway. And we were off hitting probably 80-90 MPH...About ten inutes in a highway patrol passed us and whipped around. We kept on it a little ways and the ambulance apeared we pulled over and flashed the light etc etc...The office was pissed and was being a real jerk about everything. He told our friend to remain ni the car and asked for the registration and other items while my pops was being loaded into the ambulance.

The ambulance driver said they had to go but the officer would not let us leave until he said so. So off goes the ambulance and I was forcedto stay and explain everything to the officer for about half an hour. Finally he writes up a ticket and lets us leave. We got to the hospital and found out the news was not good. I got to spend about an hour with my ol man before he passed...It could have been more if the officer would have simply let us go. But he chose to be a jerk and seemed to have a point to prove. After that my our friend had to go to court for the ticket and the judge threw it out instantly and apologized. I have no idea if that cop lost his job or not.....Now for the point.

If anyone has a right to be bitter I think I should, But i am not. I have grown to understand that You cannot judge the lot by a simple bad seed.
I have had many pleasent run ins with officers since that day. And have made friends with some also. If You can't take one bad experience and move on...You will never last on a china bike thats for sure

My 2 cents
I'm done with this topic

Old 05-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #30

I am glad this thread happened, if for no other reason, than it pointed to the flexyourrights youtube video. thanks knothead!!!!!!

Closed Thread