Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
there is actually way more then just 4 people with them, I have been following the forums.. It's also one of the most popular subjects on CR with numerous different postings on the same topic from different people. I personally know at least 5 people that did not reply to your thread that just bought them.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #17

Re: Possible Solution to AMR CDI Starter/Idle Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
Who set the trend or let the cat out of the bag on this little performance jewel anyway?
Geez, Portez...
Does it really matter? :roll:

I didn't vote in that thread with the poll. I have the stage 3 box, but I haven't plugged it in yet because I've been out of town for about a week. But, I wouldn't answer it anways, because of the way it's worded. As I read it, I must not only own one, but also consider it worth the money in order to even vote. No option for those who don't own, or own but don't consider it worthy? Not much of a poll, IMO.

Anywho, I think it's it's an interesting discussion. (if we can keep the ego at bay 8) )
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #18

Yeah I too noticed that there were few responses to the CDI poll. I would love to be a cheerleader for the amr but on my bike (pushrod), it won't rev any higher than the stock box which appears to be about 7.5 k give or take. As for the starter issue, that is why I took it off. I should have known better than to order a stage 3 unit for my bike, but I did it stupidly under the advisement of someone with another type (OHC) motor. I briefly considered ordering the stage 2 but decided that at that point i'd have 100.00 in aftermarket box..that is 1/16th what I paid for the bike, for only a minimal advantage for my type of usage.

but it is still valuable as a spare.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #19

Teamcheap - I am glad you understand my reasoning. I wasn't sure if it would make sense to all but it made sense to me.

As far as my response to the poll, I also did not respond due to the way it is worded, no offense to the creator of the poll.

Tonight I had to be somewhere and was late leaving and I took the highway for the second time in my Lifan ownership and the bike was keeping up with traffic with posted speed limit of 110, but my bike's speedometer is broken. I know for a fact that the bike is still running a bit rich. This will however soon be remedied since I have ordered the next two smallest main jet sizes.

I am convinced that the AMR CDI makes my bike rip compared to stock CDI. With the bike jetted stock (lean) and jetted rich, it has increased performance. It pulls up hills in fifth gear that it would not before with the stock CDI.

My "unbiased" thoughts ( I am by no means a proponent of the AMR CDI yet ): The stock CDI will suffice for everyday driving. This may ultimately be the way I choose to go. The AMR on the other hand will more than suffice. Perhaps the Stage II would be the best bet. As Zapkin said I however don't want to have $100 tied up in CDIs. Seeing as it could potentially cost me ZERO dollars to open the engine up and retard the timing a few degrees it is my plan to do this,once I have my main jet sized properly.

As far as me not having electric start: I do, I just wanted to confirm in some simpleton sort of way that the funny noise from the starter was that the engine was kicking back on the electric starter.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #20

this post has pix and infro on it except he wanted to advance the timing
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ghlight=timing

Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #21

You could run the stock CDI and do the pickup mod for a cost of 0 dollars.
You could buy stage 2 and leave bike alone.
You could do a stage 3 (full out race/ performance) but need AIR/ Carb/ Exhaust mods...use higher octane fuel and scream down the road...but like with all stage 3 race bikes ...longevity is an issue and if you don't like fixin...stage 3 is not for you.

Don't get me wrong fellas, I love speed. I love MX, I love performance...But there is always a trade off.... A stage 3 cdi should be put on a purpose built CRF 230/ 250 for Motocross or desert racing...Most people don't build race bikes as daily drivers.

Any Motor I have ever built (car/bike) has been built up to a "stage 2 " level....with the exception of a Pontiac 400 smallblock ...I built that one into a performer....but between headers, flat top pistons, high rise alum. intake, 750 holley dbl pmper, R.v. cam, roller rockers...this motor NEEDED a high performance ignition...not the ac delco factory 350 HEI...

I assume ( dangerous ) that you fellows are just adding more spark to a stock chinese 20 h.p motor.... Good luck. But That is like putting a cherry on top of a pile of horse shit and calling it a sundae.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 05-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #22

I paid $860 for my "Grey" Lifan and it will do 80 at 8000 rpm with the AMR Stage 3 CDI.. Starting was an issue, not the starter itself but the idle, after running it everyday back and forth to work it runs great. I have my idle set at 1600/1800 for start up, drop down to 1500 backing out the screw and I'm running 92oct...

I've already got my $860 out of this bike, anything I do now is just for fun...