Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #16

Canada?? Shoo - I'll tag along; those are the most amazing views while riding. I'm jealous lol

Yep - all those links are the same one that I got, 30mm Mikuni style carburetor. Filter may be a little different between them all, and I even got an extra spark plug; doesn't fit.. so just in the scrap pile of things I need to do something with. My new carb also came with a new spacer with o-ring seals to go between the carb and the intake plenum - as well as a new (also didn't fit) intake plenum. My stock spacer had a gasket on it that was destroyed when I removed the stock PZ30 carb. so the o-ring one was handy. Though, it is smaller in diameter compared to the stock one, inside diameter. Not sure if that makes any difference on anything, but so far - this was much better than the stock one. No issues idling or accelerating / decelerating. I kept the stock air box - just works better compared to the stupid pod filter.

+1 KenTaoyan: I couldn't do anything until setting valve lash - this should be (I'm sure it is somewhere) like the FIRST thing people need to know before doing anything else after receiving them. I'm kind of disappointed that the bike came "ready to ride" and the valves with 0 gap. But also didn't pay the other 10K to get a dual-sport.

Be safe on your adventures, man!

Old 11-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #17

The first time (learning experience) on replacing a carb on my Honda XL185s I put the cylinder/needle in wrong thus giving it about 85% throttle when started. The cylinder goes in two ways, one being a little deeper.

maybe I just got lucky but after not running it for a week, I flipped up the choke it started right up, gave a little RPM and flipped down the choke and it purred like a kitten.

I'm not sure on the TBR7 as I have the 2020 Hawk but adjusting the lifters (Valve lash) made a big difference.
2019 QIYI Coolster 125cc Quad
2021 Roughhouse 50 (neat little scooter for the wife)
2022 QIYI Coolster 3150DX-4

I may not be fast but I am "Half-Fast"

Old 11-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTaoyan View Post
The first time (learning experience) on replacing a carb on my Honda XL185s I put the cylinder/needle in wrong thus giving it about 85% throttle when started. The cylinder goes in two ways, one being a little deeper.

maybe I just got lucky but after not running it for a week, I flipped up the choke it started right up, gave a little RPM and flipped down the choke and it purred like a kitten.

I'm not sure on the TBR7 as I have the 2020 Hawk but adjusting the lifters (Valve lash) made a big difference.
I have valve lash info on my thread about what it took to get my Hawk 250 on the road

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27511

Old 11-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTerrainJk View Post
Hello from Bremerton.
I’m assembling a TBR7 and used your carb and jetting as a baseline. I noticed the 25 idle jet is smaller than the 20 that comes with the Amazon Mikuni. I fired it up for the first time last night and it is idling crazy high. The idle screw has no effect on it. I’m going to remove the carb to check the throttle cable and slide for issues. If nothing is obviously wrong there I’ll put the 20 back in and try that.
Read second page as I am a newbie and getting used to this forum.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:17 PM   #20

https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-Un...6345697&sr=8-4

Anyone use this one?? I had to get an adapter with it - haven't received yet. Looked a little cool.. Others that have used it have said it's better than the VMXX's .. has a negative pressure tube?

Just wondering - I'm going to try it out and see if it is any better. Comes with a 120 main jet though.. might start with my 110 - given that it fits; mine are for 'Mikuni' style carbs. We shall see.. Not your standard 2 bolt hookup either.. have to get a rubber adapter to use this one. Kind of like the 'cold air' intake hookups.

I'll give some reports on what I can tell between my VM26 knockoff and this one. Thank goodness the mix screw is on the side rather the bottom I almost scraped off my threads trying to get my mix set one time lol..