Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2020, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKng View Post
I thought about the Orion but like you said it's more of a dirt bike. I want something that's gonna be good on and off road. So that still leaves me with the SSR, Lifan, and Brozz. The Beta 125 RR-S still looks pretty enticing to me though too.

Edit: How well is the XF250 geared for street use? Can it be re-geared for better street use or is it good out of the box?
It wouldn't take much for Orion to make a more street oriented version of the RXB. A larger tank + passenger foot pegs + kickstand + luggage rack would also put a few lbs. on the bike. 253 lbs sounds a bit light for passing tractor trailers but I have no way of knowing.

The SSR is geared nicely stock. A 15 tooth front sprocket is standard, but TU250 sprockets are available from 12 to 17 if I am correct. I own them all and switch regularly depending on what kind of riding I'm doing, but I think the 12 and 17 are too extreme for normal use.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:53 PM   #17

[QUOTE.=SirKng;337980]Where do you get parts for your Qingqi?[/QUOTE]
Q is an '09. He hasn't needed a single part I haven't changed voluntarily like chains, sprockets, oil, etc.... Zero failures....but again, I don't ride super hard at 61. I do push him hard when I ride with my neighbor on the paved twisties but he complains not.

If he needed parts, most Suzuki DR200 parts would work including major motor parts, cables, etc....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
It wouldn't take much for Orion to make a more street oriented version of the RXB. A larger tank + passenger foot pegs + kickstand + luggage rack would also put a few lbs. on the bike. 253 lbs sounds a bit light for passing tractor trailers but I have no way of knowing.

The SSR is geared nicely stock. A 15 tooth front sprocket is standard, but TU250 sprockets are available from 12 to 17 if I am correct. I own them all and switch regularly depending on what kind of riding I'm doing, but I think the 12 and 17 are too extreme for normal use.
So 16 front would be good for street would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Q is an '09. He hasn't needed a single part I haven't changed voluntarily like chains, sprockets, oil, etc.... Zero failures....but again, I don't ride super hard at 61. I do push him hard when I ride with my neighbor on the paved twisties but he complains not.

If he needed parts, most Suzuki DR200 parts would work including major motor parts, cables, etc....
I really am thinking I might be sold on the reliability of this bike. I only hear praises being sung about it's reliability... I might have to chop my list down to this, the Lifan, or the Beta. I'm finally down to three bikes. Yay!

Also I think I found a lead on the street or supermoto version of the XF250 in the next state over. A brand new unused 2018 model for $2900. Is that a good deal for a new bike? It sounds good to me but what do you SSR/Qingqi owners think?

https://www.leossouth.com/inventory/-2427222i

Old 05-19-2020, 09:11 AM   #19

That's $500 off the MSRP for a brand new bike. Seems like a decent deal to me. I wouldn't have a single problem buying one of those bikes right now if I had the cash in hand.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-19-2020, 09:33 AM   #20

That's what I though. Only issue is that I don't have any time this week to go look at it. My only days off are Sunday and Monday and they are closed Sunday and Monday. I might have to take a day off from work to go look at this bike.

I really wish I could get a hold of my local dealer...

Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #21

That Beta is nice, but at $5k for a 125cc, even a high-end 125 doesn't seem worth your time considering what kind of riding you are planning to do. The stock gearing tells me this would be at home on some narrow forest trails hopping the odd log here and there laying across the trail. I think with more street-friendly gearing, it might top out at 60-65 mph max, but my guess is the engine wouldn't like that kind of speed. The next step up is the 350, but that is $10k. Buying an exotic bike has a price--literally!

The Lifan is a nice all around bike, but it only comes with a drum rear brake, and standard fork. I personally am contemplating this bike in spite of this (I also like the non-dual-sport KPM200 cafe style bike, or even the standard-style KP200 which is much closer in price to the X-Pect), but some members here do not do drums Arguably, forks aren't as big an issue as evidenced by the standard Hawk being so popular. The X-Pect really only needs a countersprocket change to a 17, and you should be hitting 70 MPH once the engine is broken in at about 400-500 miles.

The SSR would make a good all around bike, and being able to use Suzuki engine parts is a bonus. Even if money was not an option, I think I would consider this bike over the TW200 and the DR200, and the VanVan Suzuki recently released. Of course money is usually a consideration, so its much lower price makes it attractive (otherwise, for $2k more, the Honda CRF250L would be considered). I know dh hits 70+ MPH on So. Cal's freeways and commutes the distance from the high desert to downtown L.A. on occasion, which is not only a far distance, but quite a difference in elevation (it will snow in the high desert on some of the cold, winter days at 3 to 4,000+ feet, but not in downtown L.A. which is near sea-level).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-19-2020, 03:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
That Beta is nice, but at $5k for a 125cc, even a high-end 125 doesn't seem worth your time considering what kind of riding you are planning to do. The stock gearing tells me this would be at home on some narrow forest trails hopping the odd log here and there laying across the trail. I think with more street-friendly gearing, it might top out at 60-65 mph max, but my guess is the engine wouldn't like that kind of speed. The next step up is the 350, but that is $10k. Buying an exotic bike has a price--literally!

The Lifan is a nice all around bike, but it only comes with a drum rear brake, and standard fork. I personally am contemplating this bike in spite of this (I also like the non-dual-sport KPM200 cafe style bike, or even the standard-style KP200 which is much closer in price to the X-Pect), but some members here do not do drums Arguably, forks aren't as big an issue as evidenced by the standard Hawk being so popular. The X-Pect really only needs a countersprocket change to a 17, and you should be hitting 70 MPH once the engine is broken in at about 400-500 miles.

The SSR would make a good all around bike, and being able to use Suzuki engine parts is a bonus. Even if money was not an option, I think I would consider this bike over the TW200 and the DR200, and the VanVan Suzuki recently released. Of course money is usually a consideration, so its much lower price makes it attractive (otherwise, for $2k more, the Honda CRF250L would be considered). I know dh hits 70+ MPH on So. Cal's freeways and commutes the distance from the high desert to downtown L.A. on occasion, which is not only a far distance, but quite a difference in elevation (it will snow in the high desert on some of the cold, winter days at 3 to 4,000+ feet, but not in downtown L.A. which is near sea-level).
As of right now I'm considering the SSR and the Lifan. The Beta 125 RR-S I'll get later on down the road as a 2nd bike to mess around with. Those pricier Beta bikes do look real nice though. I'd get one if they weren't $10k+.

But like you said I've heard nothing but praise for the SSR which means it is number one on my list. The Lifan is number two. I don't think I would mind having a rear drum too much as I was considering the TW200 at one point (I might get one of those later on too. ).

Problem is that the nearest SSR dealer for me is in the next state over. My local in town dealer does not do SSR anymore apparently and the SSR dealers in my state are twice as far as the Minnesota dealer I found so there's that.

If I can't get an SSR locally or within a resonable driving distance I might just get a Lifan... Or get a Brozz Recon if I can't get a Lifan.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #23

What do you guys think about the Apollo DB-36 Deluxe? I like the supermoto style bikes and if I can't get a hold of a SSR I might go this route instead.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #24

Watch Motocheez videos on the Apollo. Seems to be a good bike based on the videos and members here. Ironically, Apollo has a very popular off-road dirtbike, that members here have liked over the years for being a low-cost, capable dirtbike. When they were introducing the street-legal bike, so was the Orion company. The Orion bike is a very off-road capable dual-sport, and there is an Orion pure dirtbike, whereas the Apollo bike ended up as more of a street bike and not as much as dirtbike as their dirtbike unlike what Orion did. Personally, I really like it, the more I watch the videos. I am a sucker for fat-tired bikes, starting with the TW200, so the XF250 and more recently the Suzuki VanVan200 and the Apollo bike have caught my eye. Motocheez does take his on trails with good results. He did have to relocate the kickstand because it would get hung up on logs that were laying across the trail when he tried going over the logs in one particular video. It is not incapable of offroading by any means, but it is not as hardcore of a dirtbike like the Orion dual-sport is as compared to its pure offroad stablemate. I would definitely consider it by all means, as it would check off highway riding and offroading unlike the hardcore dirtbikes with license plates like those offered by Orion, or Pitster Pro. Oh, one downside with the Apollo (besides the kickstand for jumping logs in your way) is it does have a small-ish fuel tank, one area in which it is like its pure dirtbike brother.

But, do try obtaining the XF250, even through Saferwholesale.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #25

I've watched Motocheez's videos on the DB36. I do dig the bike a lot. His comments about it riding like a sport bike and having more better top end pull than the CG style engines have me intrigued. It overall seems like a quality bike for the price. But I'll take your advice culcune. I'm gonna try for the SSR from Saferwholesale. Just need to talk to my bank to see if I have protection from any possible skullduggery from the dealer (I don't have a credit card, only a prepaid debit card, and you save $100 if you use your bank to pay). If not I might just get the DB36 and wait until next year to get the SSR.

Old 05-21-2020, 02:01 AM   #26

I can point you in the right direction for CG engine top end pull. Just requires $95 and a5-6 week wait for a package from Brazil lol.

I agree with Culcune, I think the XF250 is the bike for you given your desires.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #27

Ok. Here's the plan then. I'm gonna try to order the XF250 from Saferwholesale. If they can't get me that I'll have them ship a DB36 in place of it since they have that one for sale too. The DB36 Deluxe is a 49 state legal bike correct? I shouldn't have issues getting it plated?

Old 05-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKng View Post
Ok. Here's the plan then. I'm gonna try to order the XF250 from Saferwholesale. If they can't get me that I'll have them ship a DB36 in place of it since they have that one for sale too. The DB36 Deluxe is a 49 state legal bike correct? I shouldn't have issues getting it plated?
Interested to see what they say...unlike other dealers who dropship, saferwholesale does stock many bikes, which will be the key to actually getting a bike right now. The distributors are sold out or selling out, and shipments from China are weeks or months away. That being said, my guess is they have the XF250 in their warehouse, or if not, they can get them due to the fact that it is a more premium bike ($3k range) vs. the sub $2k so-called Hondnoid bikes. If they don't have the Apollo in stock, you will probably get the XF250, and that will be a good thing!

Oh, and yes, the Apollo is 49-state legal; actually it states 50 state on their EPA/DOT which means they are attempting California CARB certification although at this point they have not yet obtained CARB, but depending on if someone has already self-registered that bike is generally key to how many hoops you will or won't have to jump through. Cannot wait to see what you end up with!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #29

Just an update. Called Saferwholesale. They are out of the XF250. Now I'm trying to get a hold of a dealer in the southern part of the state now to see if they can order me a bike. I think at this point I'll just have to order a bike and be patient and wait for it. But which ever one I can get a hold of sooner is the one I'm going with. Either a DB36 or the XF250.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:40 PM   #30

I am telling you that you will be much happier with the XF250, even if it means having to wait a bit longer. It's your money at the end of the day though. Hopefully you get what you want!

Last edited by Megadan; 05-22-2020 at 09:02 PM.