Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2020, 01:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Good to hear, you got it narrowed down, that is half the battle. Sounds like one of two things going on either the physical or hydraulic. If it is mechanical then you should be able to remove the line and see no improvement. If hydraulic when you remove the line it should release.
I think it’s corroded inside the caliper not letting the inside pad move enough. I may just soak the whole caliper in oil.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 03-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #17

Don't know how much soaking will help. I haven't looked at these brakes but disc brakes use a piston caliper that slides back and forth under hydraulic pressure which is considerable. On cars you can take the piston apart hone the cylinder smooth and replace it with new seals. If movement is that severely restricted it must mean a very scored or corroded piston bore which is likely not salvageable. I would see if I could get the pistons out to look at the issue.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:01 AM   #18

After reading thru this thread I need to ask: Are you absolutely certain the master cylinder is stroking all the way out when the petal is depressed? As many can attest to, linkage bound master cylinders will not allow new fluid to replace the fluid consumed by the displacement of a stroking brake cylinder.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 PM   #19

I’ve broke the caliper down 100% and have cleaned it and regreased the slides. I’m convinced the master cylinder isn’t pushing the fluid hard enough against the main caliper piston. I can get it to slowly walk the pads closed by repeated lever pushes, it won’t retract on its own still but slides open super easy if done by hand.

My final guess is the main seal/stopper inside the master cylinder or caliper has a small air leak. Looks like I’ll be buying the rear caliper and cylinder replacements for the TT250 on the CSC Motorcycles site. Can’t believe just changing a stupid flat has caused a complete brake failure.

Thanks for help everyone!
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 04-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #20

Ok, I noticed yesterday part of the caliper along with 1 pad is now missing. So, will def be replacing the Master cylinder and caliper. The TT250 versions don’t look like they will bolt on to the Storm. Any ideas on what to buy?

Old 04-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #21

Got the new master cylinder in the mail. It still won’t move the main caliper piston enough to matter. I even pulled the main piston and filled the caliper with fluid, pumped out a couple air bubbles then pushed the piston back in. All I’m getting is a slight wiggle.

Old 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #22

I've had brake lines pinched shut before. They act just as you describe, fluid in nothing back out. It acts as a one way valve, mine was corrosion swelling a line clamp on my truck, opened the clamp a bit and all worked as it should.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket tests View Post
I've had brake lines pinched shut before. They act just as you describe, fluid in nothing back out. It acts as a one way valve, mine was corrosion swelling a line clamp on my truck, opened the clamp a bit and all worked as it should.
I’ve cleaned the line, ran water through it, submerged it and blew threw one end to see if there was an air leak. I’ve bled the line both directions probably 30 times or more now trying to see if it’s air. I’ve cleaned and greased the posts a few times. I’m just out of ideas. There’s just not enough force/pressure to move that main piston.

Whatever happened when I took the caliper off to change the flat I can’t figure out either and a caliper with the same 2 bolt on holes I can’t find to buy.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #24

Sounds to me like the brake master is still not putting out the force that is necessary? If the caliper piston moves back and forth easily by hand manipulation when removed from the bike it should easily under hydraulic pressure. To rule out the rear master, I would be tempted to remove the front brake caliper and connect it to the rear master and see if it would function normally. With the bleeder open, a press on the brake pedal should push out fluid. Could the brake pedal linkage still be in the running as an issue?

Old 04-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Sounds to me like the brake master is still not putting out the force that is necessary? If the caliper piston moves back and forth easily by hand manipulation when removed from the bike it should easily under hydraulic pressure. To rule out the rear master, I would be tempted to remove the front brake caliper and connect it to the rear master and see if it would function normally. With the bleeder open, a press on the brake pedal should push out fluid. Could the brake pedal linkage still be in the running as an issue?

I replaced the master cylinder and have watched about 20 YouTube videos trying to find a way to pressurize the system. I have a big syringe with a line and have done reverse bleeds as well.

Old 04-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #26

Have you tried compressing the caliper piston with a c clamp to seat it completely?

Old 04-12-2020, 09:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Have you tried compressing the caliper piston with a c clamp to seat it completely?
No, it doesn’t offer much resistance. I can just push it in closed by thumb or with the pad when the caliper is off and on the bike.

The avg eBay caliper is only about $26. I just can’t find one that will bolt on to the Bashan. If I take it to a shop there’s no telling what they will charge. The bike being 2 years old next month means my caliper and piston look 100 times better than most of what everyone is rebuilding on YouTube. There’s are mostly all rusted over and need rehabilitation. My piston still looks polished.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #28

That is a tough spot. Something is blocking the pressure from getting to that piston. I might look at ali express or taobao, of course a long wait but they may have something that might work.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #29

Going to press my luck with this one. I already have a new MC to pump but the caliper bracket here may have enough shape and meat to it that I can get away with drilling a bolt hole or 2 to match the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21C544AF-DD5E-47AF-A340-43928B97E751.jpg (8.8 KB, 1008 views)

Old 04-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #30

check with peace, the brozz caliber should fit. i have a brozz front rotor and speed sensor on my storm.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.