Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #16

The only thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Almost sounds like there is an obstruction somewhere in the system. The hard part is tracking down where, but since you don't seem to need the cooler setup it doesn't really make it worth the time to figure it out.
Yeah, I am done with lying on my side covered in oil!

The only factor, that I saw on a Pilipino youtube, was they decided the ports needed to be fully aligned vertically to get flow. When I tried to align like this the adaptor was pretty loose, though it did not leak oil. This was the first time around before I realized the "seal" wasn't in place on the end of the adaptor.

Not so sure this alignment actually makes any difference though, as other youtubes don't adhere to this.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #17

As I remember the oil cooler engine mount fitting it is plumbed in the center for the oil pump pickup and plumbed to the outside of that for the sump oil pickup inlet. The seal goes on the center isolating the sump from the oil pump and forcing the engine to suck the oil through cooler by picking up oil from the sump area inlet on the fitting up through the cooler and down into the oil pump so orientation would have no impact on the oil pump drawing oil through the cooler. You might be able to see if it is drawing oil through the cooler by putting the inlet line in a small jar of oil, making sure have primed cooler and lines, place the kill switch on or take out the plug, and turning over the engine to see if it will suck down the oil in the glass giving an indication it is drawing oil. Just a thought.