Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2020, 01:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageman69 View Post
Hey man I'm an American living down here in Mexico and just bought one for buen fin couple weeks ago the veloci 250 xeverus pro xr. Great information on your post. It's hard to find information like that since I can't read Spanish.

As you may know Xeverus are plenty since its one of the cheaper 250 (or maybe the cheapest...) but some specific parts are scarce (like cylinder, its stupidly expensive since its not being used in another engine) other than that parts are plenty, you can use almost anything from a italika dm200 and the new italika dm250. Engine its the same CG250 type but a 167FMM, uses a bigger piston and piston pin its 16mm compared to 15mm used in the 166fmm. I know this because i destroyed mine and never got replacement parts.

Here its the best source of global information, but if you like you can join "Veloci Xeverus" FB group. Its spanish but at least you can get some ideas and places where to get parts.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #17

CG engine

Hello,

Welcome MeXeverus!

I bought the CSC TT250 specifically because it has the CG engine. I was looking at the Lifan X-pect 200 because of the fuel injection, but when I found out it was OHC I picked the TT250. The FI is just a nicety.

Why? It is something that someone with medium mechanic skills can easily maintain and rebuild if needed. It has a reputation for longevity and was designed for abusive conditions. If not abused, then it should last a very long time.

I owned quite a few VW's with the Type I engine and I view this as a single cylinder version of that. I am comfortable with a VW rebuild, so the CG should not be an issue.

My plan is to build a stock of parts from CSC, while still available and at the current pricing, to keep my bike alive for a very long time. My budget is $200/year for things like Head/valves, piston/rings, cylinder, wiring harness, switches, body panels, gas tank, wheels, etc. At about $1000, I might even consider a long block and forgo the parts & pieces.

Finally, at 16HP it has plenty of pull for me. Not quite sure what I would do with 25HP; just accelerate to 35 or 50 mph faster? This is not a highway bike...even tho I may do 5 mile runs sometimes at 60 or so just to get somewhere faster....my tops for city commuting is about 50.

MeXeverus, I use mine for groceries too! I have panniers (nylon with hard inserts) and a folding milk crate mounted behind the seat. Two bags in the crate and two bags in the pannier. I get 24 mpg with a car, but 60 with the bike. My wife thinks I am nuts tho!

Goob

Old 01-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Hello,

Welcome MeXeverus!

Goob

Thanks for the comments. These little machines are very cheap to run if maintained properly, parts are plenty , and helps thinking "its a bicycle with 2xxcc engine" .

Im in the process of installing a RW166FMM OHC to replace my 167FML OHV. Its almost perfect in every way the way it is, but i reached the limit of that engine, so a few cc´s will make my mind define if i need a bigger bike or only a bigger engine.

If you are planning a long term ownership its a good idea to have basic spare parts at home. Transmissions are fairly good, i only experienced only a bad bearing and a failed third gear (it worked well it just whine at speed). Piston, rings and cylinder are the most sought part, but with proper service at the required intervals makes wonders.Gas tanks are scarce, so if you can snatch one youll golden.

These bikes are very useful, i can trail 4 or more hours without rest and the bike performs very well. I made small trips (300 km round trips) with passenger and small loads. It can cruise at 52 mph, leaving a bit more for passing power. Heck, i can even transport a 20 liter water jug in my trunk. Just be careful where i heading.....