Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Doing business with you is definitely not in the cards either NzBrakelathes ... figured you wouldn't share any information... doesn't agree with your wallet does it.. LOL fake news.. hahahahaha that would make you click bait.

Thanks Mudflap... What you said is a start but can't find the "small round jets" you describe on the Jet r Us site in the Keihin section. https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_ca..._selection.htm

I wouldn't mind messing with the stock carb to have a spare for the parts bag.
correction https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hawk-250-Sh...s/303210680840

Old 07-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #17

LOL .... wow what a helper you are

Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #18

Carb Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardking View Post
Can you tell me what you went with for an air filter. With the new carb, the stock air filter obviously doesn't work (or, at least it doesn't for me unless I'm missing something obvious which I wouldn't be surprised about)
After doing a lot of reading on this board I wanted to go and do the carb upgrade also. My Rhino was having issues climbing any sort of tiny hill.

I got this carb below like someone from another post suggested.
https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Carburetor-200cc-Motorcycle-Motorbike/dp/B07CN36W65/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Hwbnde+VM26+30mm+Carb+Carburet or+PZ30+200cc+250cc+Fit+For+Mikuni+Honda+Hawk+Go-kart+Taotao+SunL+JCL+JetMoto+Kazuma+Baja+Quad+ATV+ Dirt+CRF+KLX+TTR+XR+Pit+Dirt&qid=1564141820&s=gate way&sr=8-1

I got the jets from JetRUs. Got the 115 Main and 30 pilot. Pilot fit but the main didn’t. I assume the carb I got was a knockoff and the thread pitch is wrong. The original 100 is in there right now. 629ft Sea Level

I also bought the UNI filter like many on here has suggested

Im new to ATV and carb work in general. Im running into some issues. There is a tube that comes off the stock filter and goes back to the bottom of the engine. What is this for? Im not sure how I would connect that to the new UNI filter. I do plan to relocate the filter to under the seat but I wanted to get this new carb on asap to get to riding.

The bike is having a real hard time running. When I manually move the choke and it runs, it runs really high idle. Throttle is also non existent. Bike dies if I put it in gear and give it gas. even on higher idle

I also am having issues using the choke adjuster on the handlebars. I took the cable mount linkage off the stock carb because the Mikuni didn’t have a place for the cable to mount to. Im thinking of just abandoning the cable all together and just reach down to adjust the choke. Any thoughts?

Old 07-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #19

You can switch out the choke lever on the stock carb with the mikuni clone.

The high idle most likely is the throttle cable twisted from when you screwed the top tube on... if you twist it up a little the opposite direction before you thread it on that should help.

On mine I had to unravel a little bit of the cable shielding to get a little more "throw" in the throttle cable.

The tube your talking about is a crank case breather.... I ran mine up into the elbow when I put it under the seat.. some from what I have read hear just leave it loose... you can get a breather filter to stick in the tube to keep debris out.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #20

Is that breather under vacuum or just needs fresh air. I'll look at relocating under the seat.

The valve seems to get stuck. See pictures. Should that silver for the valve move freely?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190730_113234.jpg (90.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190730_113223.jpg (88.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190730_113312.jpg (85.3 KB, 152 views)

Old 07-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #21

The crankcase vent tube vents pulses of air as the piston goes up and down. A bit more air comes out than goes in because piston rings don't seal perfectly. The tube just needs to be vented to the atmosphere.

Any chance the hose clamp at the carb is interfering with the metal piece on the end of the choke plate shaft?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
The crankcase vent tube vents pulses of air as the piston goes up and down. A bit more air comes out than goes in because piston rings don't seal perfectly. The tube just needs to be vented to the atmosphere.

Any chance the hose clamp at the carb is interfering with the metal piece on the end of the choke plate shaft?
Haha you know what. I didn't see that earlier. That totally looks like it can be hanging up there.i will take a look when I can. Thanks

Anyone have issues moving the air filter to under the seat? I've read on some that it is a long run for the mikuni carb and it tends to bog down

Old 08-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #23

Update

Thank you everyone for your help. I untwisted the throttle and moved the Jett to the 4th slot.

It starts right up and idles fine. Still not as much power as I was expecting. Still wants to stall on a moderate hill. Not as badly through. I also I get about 3/4 throttle it sputters.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #24

Try tweaking the choke lever on the handlebar when that happens on a hill climb.

You may have to adjust your valve clearances.