Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Megadan and ARH - Thanks, guys. I am simply discussing options right now.

Megadan - thanks for that link. These prices are very reasonable. Their cranks show they come with the connecting rod for a very reasonable price. The entire upper-end kits are extremely reasonable too. I just need to verify the dimensions.

I'll most likely go ahead and install the Loncin 200cc from my parts bike. It's missing the kick starter but I was able to, with some force, creatively kick it by hand and it seems to have good compression. No bottom end noise, seems to easily shift through the gears etc. Supposedly, it only went to the mechanic for non-engine related issues. I'll give it a good look-over this week before I swap the engines. If something bad is found I might rebuild (or repair) one of them or buy a new engine off ebay.

I'll keep posting as this journey continues...
The parts bike motor sounds like a winner. You can always rebuild this one on the side.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Last edited by Megadan; 01-29-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The part about the crank was not directed your way.
Crank... ARH.... Te he... I get it.

Love ya ARH , just poking fun. In all truthfulness, you forgot more about motorcycles then I have yet to learn.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The part about the crank was not directed your way.
Ha-ha. Funny man...ARH

Old 01-29-2018, 12:20 AM   #19

I took some readings with my digital calipers as follows:

Cylinder and Piston - Due to damage I got slightly varied readings but basically close to 63mm like 63.2 or so.

Piston Height - 45.9

Piston Pin - 15mm x 47.8mm

I found a cylinder on ebay that seems to match with a 63mm bore, 3" height plus the cylinder sleeve portion at 1.07"

Strangely, I don't see much with these dimensions on Ebay (other than cylinder) or the site Megadan linked other than possibly the crank/Connecting rod where the connecting rod hole for the piston pin measured 14mm. I may have just not searched properly.

I measured my push rods but must have written them down wrong so I'll re-measure them tomorrow. If I tear this down I might as well replace the head/valve assembly and rockers arms (complete top end) as well as the lower rocker arms.

I guess figuring out the gasket set will be just as much fun!

Old 01-29-2018, 01:49 AM   #20

Crank and rod combo with 15mm (.588 inches) small end for a 200cc.
http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph...h/21_136/eID/7

The piston should be a 63.5mm bore, which i pretty standard for the 200's/ Likely the missing .5mm is the material you found stuck to the cylinder wall.

This cylinder, pistons, rings, pin, and gasket setup should work, but I would contact them before ordering to verify the wrist pin diameter since they don't list it. http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph...th/21_85/eID/7
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-29-2018, 02:23 AM   #21

http://www.jhpiston.com/about_can/ - From 1 of the big industry player that covers the details of most chinese made engine

Old 01-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #22

Good Heavens! I'll bet all of the horsepower leaked out when that piston parted company. There is probably a resulting flat spot on the rear tire from when the rear wheel locked up.

This'll be a good opportunity to split the case and see how the bottom end goes together. If you decide to rebuild, you might consider a different transmission while it is apart. I'm guessing that the XR200 six speed is a drop-in deal, and an extra gear in the middle would be helpful with a 200. You can also inspect the blind bearings in the case for shrapnel; case halves immersed in a large pot of boiling water will allow you to extract the bearings if necessary.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #23

Thanks Megadan for the links. I'm checking them out. I have private messaged you with a question.

Weldandgrind - boiling water...interesting. Does the boiling water cause the shrapnel to float to the surface?

Old 01-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #24

No, it's just for removing the crankshaft bearings. If you decide you don't want to mess around with the junk motor, if be interested in the bottom end!

Old 01-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
No, it's just for removing the crankshaft bearings. If you decide you don't want to mess around with the junk motor, if be interested in the bottom end!
Well...I've not determined it's "junk" just yet and so far the parts list to repair it seem pretty reasonable - not to mention the fun learning and doing it.

I bought the Jialing as a project bike and a couple weeks later found the parts bike which is also a 163FML. Thanks to the helpful people on this forum I am sure I'll see this project through, even if it means purchasing a new engine.

When the project is finished I may have at least one engine available for sale and if I do I'll certainly post it here first.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #26

Jialing 200cc

An update for those that have followed my threads:

First off, I apologize. I mentioned that I was going to video the process of taking this 2008 Jialing (HiSun) dual sport through a build to make it a tracker/scrambler type bike. So far, I've only taken a few photos.

I have spent countless hours following other peoples builds and getting design ideas. I have also digitized the bike to scale in Autocad and moved it from there to photoshop where I've been playing with various frame modifications, gas tanks and seat ideas.

I spend a great deal of time looking at parts on Ebay, Amazon, and my local Craigslist ads. The two most readily available gas tanks are the CG125/250 and Honda Rebel tanks. The CG125 tank has been used a lot. The Rebel tank is more of a chopper style and I don't like it for this build. I tend to like the Honda CB and Suzuki GS style of tanks but they vary in look over the years and depending on their size, may or may not look good on this bike. In other words, I am still researching.

Thanks to having done a fair amount of custom upholstery over the years, and having an industrial sewing machine, I plan on building the seat myself. My wife does not want the thin flat style of seat your see on flat trackers or cafe racers but she wants it to look cool!

It'll have a retro look to it but she still wants it to look tough!

We've put budget constraints on this (including possibility of new engine) so I'll be painting the frame vs. powder coating. It will get all new lighting and turn signals, speedometer etc. Shortened front forks, slightly lowered rear stance (3" front, 2" rear), new exhaust and muffler. Pretty much everything will be changed or modified in one way or another.

So far I am into this project extremely cheap. I have a titled and registered 200cc motorcycle that is a blank slate. I am having fun and my wife is excited to get her customized motorcycle.

Megadan has been instrumental in helping me source the parts for the Jialing engine. As a backup, I have a Loncin engine I may use. If both of those options fail, I'll buy a Lifan for it.

As I mentioned I'm working on designs. When they get closer to completed I'll post them for feedback. Please remember, this is a ladies bike with a very subtle WonderWoman/Breast Cancer Survivor theme. The attached Logo will be added to both sides of the tank but at only about 3" wide and more of a fuchsia color than light pink on black background,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WonderWomanBreastCancerLogo.JPG (23.8 KB, 128 views)

Old 01-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Thanks Megadan for the links. I'm checking them out. I have private messaged you with a question.

Weldandgrind - boiling water...interesting. Does the boiling water cause the shrapnel to float to the surface?
No, the boiling water is for the crankcase to expand and release the bearings so that they come out of the cases easily. I've never done it that way, myself. I used a propane torch to heat up the cases (one at a time) and the bearings came out quite easily...ARH

Old 01-30-2018, 02:19 AM   #28

Thanks, ARH. I appreciate all of the good advice! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions when I start disassembly of the lower end.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #29

Love the logo! I'm quite interested to see what you show us next, Tommy.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer