Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #16

Aw man. The dipstick is clearly right there on the other side. You poured oil into that stator. You need to get in there and clean it out. I've heard of people accidentally doing this. I'm not sure how to go about cleaning it. But the oil drain is a 17mm nut faced straight down under the other side of the motor. Not the nut that's on an angle. And the oil goes right into the dipstick hole by the back right where your right foot goes. But before you do anything you have to get the oil out of the stair housing and clean it with some contact cleaner or something.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #17

Don't worry about cleaning the oil out yet. The larger vertical engines splash oil at the stator, so this isn't likely to hurt anything.

When checking the oil with the dipstick on the right side, don't screw the dipstick in to check the level. Remove it, wipe it off and then just rest it in the hole. Pull it out and have a look, and be careful to not over-fill.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer