Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #16

i rode a q-link and only have 2 problims with them

first bad fuel mleage coupled with a small tank

second the shift lever is way to short really hard to up shift

on the plus side it is way smoother than my gy-5 ,a lot shorter seat hieght, and appears to be of better quality.

you can get a better shifter and possably a bigger tank.
member SamM has a q-link you may want to check his thread or pm him.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #17

Re: Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean26201
They did a full test on the Qingqi Gy 200 similar to the Qingqi 200 Motard ( Qlink ) in the Bike sa In South africa Where it was said to be the best Chinese Motorcycle on the market. Do you Want me to email you the report. Remember the bike in the review is the on/off road 200Qingqi and the Qingqi 200 Has much stronger suspension.
Please post the link for all of us. The Qlink (re-badged Qingqi) in the US is very new to us, and the only reports we have had with Qingqi are from the members here from Sweden. One member ('Cybertron') had a major engine problem, but the others seem fine, with member 'Catastrophix' reporting regularly here. What country are you from, Jean26201? Do you have a photo of your bike?

I don't think that Qlink has an exclusive agreement with Qingqi. Qlink is a company that lets other manufacturers OEM for them, and they have a limited line-up of product. Qingqi used to have a distributor in Lousiana, and showed several models of their enduro on a site, I think was called www.pioneermotorsusa.com but now the link takes you directly to the manufacturer in China. They have a section of EPA/DOT bikes, so the possibity of having US-legal Qingqi bikes is still there. In fact, Qingqi lists several of their models as EPA/DOT legal on their Chinese site, so they, too, could theoretically sell us their own-badged bikes in the US (only if they really don't have an exclusive agreement with Qlink). I think their (Pioneer Motors) bikes were priced far higher than the "average" GY200, but still looked just like them, so lack of sales probably closed them down.

Qlink will only honor their warranty if the bike is bought and prepped by an authorized dealer. If you wanted to go mail-order/home assembled, then Lifan would be your best bet, with Brian at Motoxtreme your most reputable. I would suggest to find an authorized dealer, however. It would be worth the extra $$ for the piece of mind, provided you are fairly confident with your dealer's abilities. Besides the horror stories of the mail order bikes (many of those), we have seen a few here regarding the local dealer, too, not honoring warranties properly and that type of stuff.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #18

hello, im chris i have a xf200 and i love it i just havent been able to get it past the breakin because of cold weather i have ridden it on trails, the main road for about 30+ miles and no problems yet but i knew they would raise the price i bought mine at a local dealer and pay 2000 out the door not includeing tags and stuff but that one site 2199 and then shipping ?? 8)