Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifice195 View Post
yet, 2 chinese brands beat yamaha, my friends yamaha blew up the other day when he was cruising down the road, doesnt that tell you something about yamaha? blows up, doesnt run good, their junk
Wow, I must be lucky with the Yamaha(s) I have owned then?!?

I'm still on all original engine parts on a 1994 Yamaha 100cc 2 stroke... have several thousand hours of abuse on that bike and it still starts first kick (no choke) and will ride wheelies up and down mountains all day and night long without over heating or blowing up...

I really think you and your friend "got some lemons" instead of a Yami... or maybe just received one that was never properly assembled/tuned causing problems over the Yamaha's life... ? lots of factors come to play when vehicles "give up the ghost"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Wow, I must be lucky with the Yamaha(s) I have owned then?!?

I'm still on all original engine parts on a 1994 Yamaha 100cc 2 stroke... have several thousand hours of abuse on that bike and it still starts first kick (no choke) and will ride wheelies up and down mountains all day and night long without over heating or blowing up...

I really think you and your friend "got some lemons" instead of a Yami... or maybe just received one that was never properly assembled/tuned causing problems over the Yamaha's life... ? lots of factors come to play when vehicles "give up the ghost"
Yeah. I agree. I've only owned 2 Yamaha's, both 650 twins. Never any problems with them. Were they as good as a Triumph 650? No. Were they cheaper, and good enough? Yes.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:14 AM   #18

well, you guys got lucky, but i still wont get another

Old 08-21-2016, 01:17 AM   #19

i rode 2hrs at max on the motor the day i got it and it stopped starting in electric, so i had to push it off, and i dont anymore, i get it pulled off

Old 08-21-2016, 02:08 AM   #20

I done a ride on a peice off crap Yamaha today .. guess I was lucky to finish..
And all the others over the last 30 years on yamaha's...

I tell yer .. You wouldn't walk the terrain let alone ride yer hawk on it...
sorry but the Chinese are along way from this level...
one day they will get there... but not today...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Last edited by pete; 08-21-2016 at 02:46 AM.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #21

hate to tell you, the only thing i had wrong with the kazuma (chinese) was the chain was loose and the carb, got a new carb and it started and ran great, however, i only started the yamaha up twice in electric before it quit working, and it turns out my friends yamaha's yz250f transmission locked up, like i said, a guy owned his apollo 250cc dirtbike (chinese) for 3 years and had no issues, i owned the kazuma for 2-3 years and had no issues other than the chain, i let the kazuma sit up and came out to start it and it cranked right up without an issue, however, the yamaha doesnt want to start, cause its junk, the hawk however doesnt give issues either, it isnt the origin of the bike that makes it junk, it is the brand of the bike, and if the brand of the bike chose not to make it good quality, than that's their business, but on the other hand, kazuma has always been the most reliable thing i have ever owned, i care less what you people have to say about chinese products, some stuff on the japanese can be from china, my sister's little baja 80cc started right up and its chinese, it always starts first kick without choke, and its fast for an 80cc, it keeps up with my ttr225 without an issue, but there again, that ttr is gonna sit up and rot for all i care, but the hawk will always be treated right, and if i get on the ttr, i might blow it up for all i care, just because its the most unreliable piece of junk i had ever seen, i ran my kazuma out of oil 3 times are still rode it, and guess what, it still lives, and always will live, it lived longer than the yamaha, and its way older than the yamaha, everything plastic breaks on the yamaha, the kazuma has been through way more abuse, like i said, it doesnt matter what origin the bike is from, it only matters on the brand, and so far, apollo and hawk are pretty much the best china brands that gave people no issues at all while im here stuck with a yamaha that i regret buying, i think im just going to take it to the junk yard when i get my hawk, and the way im looking at it, if its any japanese brand dirtbikes im getting, its going to be kawasaki, honda, or suzuki

Old 08-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #22

its so funny how you think chinese has a long way, apollo and hawk are far more reliable than a yamaha in my opinion, and fyi, i dont got the hawk yet, but im getting it pretty soon, and im ready for it, then its going street legal, my other friend has seen the pain i went through on the yamaha and i dont even think he is going to dare to buy a yamaha product, i dont trust yamaha anymore, i gave yamaha a chance and yamaha failed me, i only came here to see if i needed an oil change when i get the hawk and i told my story of why im getting the hawk, not to argue....