Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2016, 01:49 AM   #16

We still had a long way down I-70 to get to Denver. We decided to take the US40 frontage roads, which were maybe slower, but more interesting than 4-lanes of slab.

Would have taken some more pics, but we hit some rain and got dumped on. I was cursing my hot, waterproof adventure jacket and pants all the way up the trail, but was glad to have them now. I stayed 100% dry except for my mesh gloves. Didn't get too cold tho, so my fingers weren't numb.

Taras had to get home, so he took off down I-70. Mark peeled off at the bottom of the foothills outside of Golden.

Alex headed to my house with me to pick up his things before going home near the Wyoming border.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 AM   #17

All in all, it was an excellent adventure. We had a great time and really proved what the RX3, TT250 and Bashan 200 were capable of.

We went everywhere the DR650 went off road. And on road, the DR had more power than my RX3, but I kept up just fine ... and arguable had the best handling bike of them all.

It was an epic trip, and I wish DanK and RedHawk could have made it. We'll have to plan something soon!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #18

Nice adventure review D .... well done and looks like a great time was missed by many of us.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #19

I get the sense that y'all kinda soaked up the scenery as evidence by staying around with the Porsches. That's a good thing. Beautiful pics taken while I sat on my ass.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #20

Nice.

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 08-11-2016, 01:31 AM   #21

Terrific pics, vids and report! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #22

great photos and ride report
I'm stuck soaking things in vicariously right now...
my shifter foot is currently in a non weight bearing cast *sigh* (not riding related)

Old 08-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
my shifter foot is currently in a non weight bearing cast *sigh* (not riding related)
We missed ya, hope healing coming along. It's pretty hot out in the day so your not missing too much.

I just did a quick night ride and dodged 1 swamp mouse, 2 cotton tail, 2 fawns and assorted adult white-tailed deer, 2 Javalina and 2 Barred Owls. Never a dull moment out here in the sticks at night. I also passed up the roadhouse
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #24

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Now we had to get home. I suggested Hwy 6 over Loveland Pass, which took us right by the A-Basin ski resort ... the highest elevation ski resort in the US.

That was a sweet ride ... smooth switchbacks, steep climbs ... I got some good lean in those curves and found myself forgetting to keep the group together.

Here we are at the top of Loveland pass for some money shots.

A nice shot of Alex ...

And here's Taras ...
Just moved back to Alabama , that has been my play ground for the past few years . I miss the Rockies so much !!!

Old 08-14-2016, 10:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Hate to hear this Sprite .... hope you mend well and quickly

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Hate to hear this Sprite .... hope you mend well and quickly
Thanks I'm having a hard time staying put with the foot elevated. 2 more weeks until stitches come out and another 4 weeks of non weight bearing cast after that! If you ever damage a tendon, I advise you to keep track of its healing. Turns out the tendon I partially tore 3+ years ago never healed and has been getting worse over time. hoping for a full (if lengthy) recovery. I hope they clear me for riding sooner rather than later once I get past my physical therapy as It will be prime riding season here in the desert in another few months!

Old 08-14-2016, 07:20 PM   #27

Hang in there, sprite! This time it will heal right!

2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-14-2016, 11:01 PM   #28

I haven't had foot trouble but that has to be a tough one. Hard to get around that and can't ignore it.