Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #16

Too bad .... Certainly was a good looking bike.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
hard to believe that in five years they didn't fix the motor...and are still in business...
I don't know, like the Chinese buffet, things tend to get recycled.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I don't know, like the Chinese buffet, things tend to get recycled.

I ate Chinese just a couple of weeks ago. Still have a funky taste in
my mouth. I think the refried cat was spoiled.
More on topic, something like this, made properly with good quality,
would outsell Honda & Yamaha I bet. IF, IF IF IF the quality was GOOD and peeps got the word out on the internet & Facebook about them like they are
on the RX3.
I sooooooooooooooooooooooo want a 500cc parallel twin RX3. Same chassis,
just with more grunt!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #19

I think in a few years if still successful, there will be a 2nd Gen rx3 with more powerful motor. Or they will keep current version and offer a completely new model as well. I will be waiting. Either way, keep your eye on CSC .
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
The PP continues to earn my respect. Roger and I rode 4 hours of some pretty challenging desert terrain, including sand dunes. The PP did great! It is proving to be a nice motorcycle. All it needed was some love, attention, and most importantly, use.

Please enjoy the pics and video I'll post in the Ride Report section.
I browsed the topic and didn't see anything that really concerned me as being horrible or expensive to fix. Didn't find alot of pics other than the first page. This has my interest now, if it was certified for the US, well, maybe someone is bringing them in.

@seer-- he sold it I guess...

But dang, there sure seems to be alot of interest in a bike like this, be it this brand or not.
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I think in a few years if still successful, there will be a 2nd Gen rx3 with more powerful motor. Or they will keep current version and offer a completely new model as well. I will be waiting. Either way, keep your eye on CSC .
Resident Chinabike brand expert 'MJH' who posts on Mychinamoto.com (he used to be active as 'Oengus' here) showed some photos of the RX3 with 150cc and 200cc engines for certain markets, and mentioned they will have a 450cc version in the near future. I believe the 450cc liquid-cooled engine currently in SSR's mx bike is a Zongshen, just as the SSR 250cc MX engine is the same/similar engine to the RX3's 250cc engine. So, at least it will have some off-road cred like the 250cc engine did before it went into the RX3 (The Portugese company, AJP, also utilizes the same Zongshen 250cc engine).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #22

Here is a supermoto/adv version of a 400, maybe the same engine 22l gas tank

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...838.0.0.2ovz0G

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...838.0.0.2ovz0G

Other companies selling the dirt bike http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...103714189.html
Be a Piggy!

Old 04-20-2016, 12:33 AM   #23

The first bike is the same one that Excalibur used to sell--it is still on their homepage. Had quite a few warranty issues, but looks good. www.atv4usa.com

This place has shown them on their site for years--maybe they still have some leftovers?

http://mefastmotors.com/wholesale-mo...otorcycle.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-20-2016, 01:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The first bike is the same one that Excalibur used to sell--it is still on their homepage. Had quite a few warranty issues, but looks good. www.atv4usa.com

This place has shown them on their site for years--maybe they still have some leftovers?

http://mefastmotors.com/wholesale-mo...otorcycle.html
I like your comments of post 21.

Those links to those supermotoss are hideous. The beak is awful. I love the styling of the rx3 if they could just up the hp l a little more .

Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post
I browsed the topic and didn't see anything that really concerned me as being horrible or expensive to fix. Didn't find alot of pics other than the first page. This has my interest now, if it was certified for the US, well, maybe someone is bringing them in.

But dang, there sure seems to be alot of interest in a bike like this, be it this brand or not.
Regarding Doc's PP, he bought it from another member here who had it first...and had nothing but constant trouble with it. If I recall correctly, Doc bought it in hopes of it just needing some proper setup and TLC, like many CB's do, out of crate. After lots of setup, TLC and a few rides, it was ok for a short while and he was impressed with how it handled even some of the rougher stuff....then a fatal noise happened out of the blue. Party over.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #26

I sent FastDoc a personal message, and asked him to join this discussion. I guess he hasn't read it yet.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #27

I was just alerted to this thread. Spud kindly pointed it out.

Bad bike.

Indeed it is the bad bike on which all other bad bikes are based.

We Chinariders are fortunate it was not more widely so,d or the reputation of our humble china bikes would be exponentially worse.

I'll go over it more when I have some time but for now just say 'No!'

Worse part yet is I sold a sweet old XR200 with a Lifan engine and a sweet old XS400 Yamaha to make room for the XY/PP and I liked both those bikes a lot

Based on personal experience, Chinariders experience, and Internet research they are great bikes for 600 miles, provided you ride them straight 600 miles and don't shut them off.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post

This was an early post. It DID ride good! It DID handle well. Then it all went to heck. First piece by piece then the Death Knock.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #29

At one point I actually considered buying the Pitster Pro LXT400, but after doing extensive research on the Xingyue bikes, all I could find were bad reviews. Almost all of the motorcycles with this engine were sold in Latin America, so I visited a lot of Spanish language websites. Google Translate doesn't do a very good job translating Spanish vernacular posts, but one term kept coming through the translations...POS.

Besides FastDoc, several other forum members bought this bike. I pleaded with them to keep us updated on the long term reliability of this engine, but they all disappeared, and have not returned. I searched diligently, but I could not find a single report, anywhere in the world, from anyone who could testify this engine was reliable after 5,000 miles. Nobody has ever returned to China Riders and reported this bike was reliable for them; they have all disappeared.

You have been warned. I strongly suggest you stay away, stay far away, from any bike which has this Xingyue 400cc engine.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #30

besides, there are other chinese 400cc plus bikes out there....
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking