Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2016, 06:41 AM   #16

Gee, I have never had that problem with the Neutron brake pads. Perhaps you have some oil on the new brake rotor? If not, a few hard stops in a large parking lot should fix the problem.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #17

I use this in my triumph speed triple for track days. Higher boiling temps and incredibly stable even in wet conditions. Expensive...but worth it for anyone who worries about brake fade. Good for regular riding too.

http://www.amazon.com/Motul-RBF-Raci.../dp/B000AURZ08

Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Gee, I have never had that problem with the Neutron brake pads. Perhaps you have some oil on the new brake rotor? If not, a few hard stops in a large parking lot should fix the problem.
No oil, the brakes were VERY hot when I stopped and checked them. I definitely overheated either the fluid or pads, I bet it was fluid.

I rode most of the day yesterday and the pads worked very well.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I use this in my triumph speed triple for track days. Higher boiling temps and incredibly stable even in wet conditions. Expensive...but worth it for anyone who worries about brake fade. Good for regular riding too.

http://www.amazon.com/Motul-RBF-Raci.../dp/B000AURZ08

Thanks Superdude. I'm tempted to get a Street Triple, I had a Tiger 1050 which shares the Speed Triple engine, great bike.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
FWIW. I installed a set of Neutron scintered pads, along with a new brake rotor, on my RX3 over the weekend. Brake lever felt fine, but the new pads and rotor had almost no "bite" at all. I could almost move the bike by just pushing with feet while brake was applied. I know new pads/rotor needs a bit of time to bed in, but this lack of braking effect was rather excessive and a bit scary. Decided to go back to the stock pads for now and just enjoy some pulsation-free braking for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
No oil, the brakes were VERY hot when I stopped and checked them. I definitely overheated either the fluid or pads, I bet it was fluid.

I rode most of the day yesterday and the pads worked very well.
Yes, I understand. In post #15, NoVaRider reported a problem with his Neutron brake pads.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Thanks Superdude. I'm tempted to get a Street Triple, I had a Tiger 1050 which shares the Speed Triple engine, great bike.
yes IMO there is not many motors out there as great as the triumph triple. My buddy has a street triple and he kills me in the corners, except when we switch bikes and then I kill him. Speed triple definitely a brute compared to the streetie but street triple just about as fast and handles way better. Both great bikes. The tiger 1050 is a great bike too. I originally wanted a tiger adventure or explorer but then I found out about the RX-3 and got that. Glad I did because now I got to keep both bikes instead of selling my speed triple and dropping 10k on the tiger.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #22

Quote:
yes IMO there is not many motors out there as great as the triumph triple. My buddy has a street triple and he kills me in the corners, except when we switch bikes and then I kill him. Speed triple definitely a brute compared to the streetie but street triple just about as fast and handles way better. Both great bikes. The tiger 1050 is a great bike too. I originally wanted a tiger adventure or explorer but then I found out about the RX-3 and got that. Glad I did because now I got to keep both bikes instead of selling my speed triple and dropping 10k on the tiger.
You made an excellent choice!

Funny I'm debating selling my Stelvio and getting a Street Triple as I miss a good handling triple and the RX3 is stealing all the ADV work from my Guzzi!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #23

Quote:
You made an excellent choice!

Funny I'm debating selling my Stelvio and getting a Street Triple as I miss a good handling triple and the RX3 is stealing all the ADV work from my Guzzi!
wow those are nice I love the finish and details on those Stelvios. never ridden one though but some serious eye candy, pretty much like every other guzzi is. In my short 10+ years of riding I've never been more happy with my stable of motorcycles than I am right now. RX-3 for utility/offroad/jaunts around town and up the mountains, my triple when I want to feel cool again and take it out lay into some corners, and a 650 nighthawk for a buddy bike/beater bike/project to tinker on bike. Definitely go test ride a street triple I think you'll love it

Old 03-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #24

Quote:
wow those are nice I love the finish and details on those Stelvios. never ridden one though but some serious eye candy, pretty much like every other guzzi is. In my short 10+ years of riding I've never been more happy with my stable of motorcycles than I am right now. RX-3 for utility/offroad/jaunts around town and up the mountains, my triple when I want to feel cool again and take it out lay into some corners, and a 650 nighthawk for a buddy bike/beater bike/project to tinker on bike. Definitely go test ride a street triple I think you'll love it
The Stelvio is an excellent bike, very easy maintenance, great finish and great engine but it's very heavy.

Heavy is really nice in Utah on long flat stretches at 85mph in wind but not so good in NY where everything is slower speeds and lighter weight bikes are much easier to live with.

I need to get a good picture of the RX3 and the Stelvio next to each other, both are the fastest color, orange