Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Online vendors often provide inaccurate info, which is why we want to locate qualified mechanics and establish dealerships. I've seen the Hawk listed as Taotao, Roketa, Kymco, SSR, and Apollo. Some claim the bike can do 100+ mph, but let's be honest -- it does 55-65 on open road depending on assembly and various factors. It's a dirtbike designed for rugged terrain, with rocks and logs and streambeds. I personally wouldn't want to go that fast off-road. It's not a racing bike. I've also seen it advertised as 100% street legal, and this claim is an endless headache. The bike is street legal in many states, but buyers/dealers need to check with their local DMV. Some states accept it without difficulty (ie: Texas), others are a real hassle (ie: New York), and others will just flat out deny it (ie: California).

It is plausible that Haosen bikes are being shipped from the Taotao warehouse. We keep their inventory in stock, so that we can ship everything out on a single pallet and reduce shipping costs. I know Dongfang keeps some of our inventory in stock, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn Taotao does as well.

As for the Hawk's quality, what can I say. It was designed for Africa, so it's not a luxury bike. Considering the price, however, most people seem pretty satisfied with it.
Adam, Excellent Post!

I like my Vipers and Hawks, you get what you pay for, Dirt Bikes.

But like I said on my other post your not going to get qualified mechanics and establish dealerships, because of all the online websites you let sell RPS products. You may get a shop that already sells China powersports equipment, but most have gone out of business because of online website sales.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Online vendors often provide inaccurate info, which is why we want to locate qualified mechanics and establish dealerships. I've seen the Hawk listed as Taotao, Roketa, Kymco, SSR, and Apollo. Some claim the bike can do 100+ mph, but let's be honest -- it does 55-65 on open road depending on assembly and various factors. It's a dirtbike designed for rugged terrain, with rocks and logs and streambeds. I personally wouldn't want to go that fast off-road. It's not a racing bike. I've also seen it advertised as 100% street legal, and this claim is an endless headache. The bike is street legal in many states, but buyers/dealers need to check with their local DMV. Some states accept it without difficulty (ie: Texas), others are a real hassle (ie: New York), and others will just flat out deny it (ie: California).

It is plausible that Haosen bikes are being shipped from the Taotao warehouse. We keep their inventory in stock, so that we can ship everything out on a single pallet and reduce shipping costs. I know Dongfang keeps some of our inventory in stock, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn Taotao does as well.

As for the Hawk's quality, what can I say. It was designed for Africa, so it's not a luxury bike. Considering the price, however, most people seem pretty satisfied with it.
Agreed! Excellent post!....and yes, for those of us here in CA, I wish we had more purchase options here. If bikes like the Hawk, Storm and others were available for "street legal" sales, especially for the price offered, you'd sell a boatload of them.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitze View Post
But like I said on my other post your not going to get qualified mechanics and establish dealerships, because of all the online websites you let sell RPS products. You may get a shop that already sells China powersports equipment, but most have gone out of business because of online website sales.
Yes, that's an issue. The new 250cc that is arriving later this year will be restricted to dealers. This one should have less issues with street legal status.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Yes, that's an issue. The new 250cc that is arriving later this year will be restricted to dealers. This one should have less issues with street legal status.
that's a shame cause the dealer markup here locally is over $500 for the bike I just bought.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #20

Sport Rider And the dealer name is?

Old 01-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitze View Post
Sport Rider And the dealer name is?
Carolina Fun Machines in Matthews NC. the best price he would give me was $1860. I do the TTL myself or he would do it for another $160

Compare that to $1299 from TX PowerSports delivered to my door. only difference is I have to do the assembly.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #22

New Model?

Adam,
I'm not sure if you remember but I was looking to carry the Haosen's in a family owned store but the issues with the VIN starting with L0W was giving CT DMV fits. What is the WMI on this new model? (First three digits of the VIN) Will it be NHTSA registered? We really want to carry these, but keeping our customers happy is our first, and honestly only job so hassle free registration is a must.
-Tony