Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm guessing that the slow jet is just a tad lean for your setup.
I second the motion! I've yet to have a CB come even remotely close to jetted properly.

Alex1nonly, looks like you need to grab a 6 pack of your favorite beverage, a short stool and a set of tools, and do what we all do. Take your time and go over each nut and bolt, make sure everything is secure and all cables are adjusted correctly. It will save you a ton of grief in the future.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-30-2015, 09:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I second the motion! I've yet to have a CB come even remotely close to jetted properly.

Alex1nonly, looks like you need to grab a 6 pack of your favorite beverage, a short stool and a set of tools, and do what we all do. Take your time and go over each nut and bolt, make sure everything is secure and all cables are adjusted correctly. It will save you a ton of grief in the future.
Both of those Blaze 250 run great now, I guess it needed to "break in". I looked everything over when I assembled the bikes, did a quick look over again last weekend and everything was still good. I will spend more time on it next week before I go on the road (should be getting my papers to register the bikes).

The little bike runs rough, it keeps spuddering unless its wide open (which my son is OK with). I tried to play with the 2nd screw on the carburetor (not the idle screw) with no results. It didn't idle when I got it, ordered a new carburetor and found the problem was the intake loose with an air leak.

How do I check the Jet?

Any suggestions to fix it would be apprediated

Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1nonly View Post

How do I check the Jet?

Any suggestions to fix it would be apprediated
You'll have to drop the float bowl off to check the jets. Generally....the main jet has its size stamped on the top where you put in the screwdriver to loosen it. The pilot, depending on type, will either have the size in the same spot or on the side of the jet. The print is very tiny. Have a magnifying glass available if you're visually challenged like me.

With both of my 150's, both my 200's and now my 230, they all seem to like to be jetted around a #115 main jet and a #30 pilot, give or take. I now live at 3000 feet and I used to live in Sacramento at about 300 feet and those jets generally performed well at both.

Make sure the needle clip in the slide is in the middle slot, if there are optional slots available. Set the air (mixture) screw at 1.5 turns out to start with and go from there.

Also, I've yet to have a CB that didn't come with tight valves (except my Q Link). Let the bike set overnight, find the valve specs and set them accordingly, ice cold.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #19

Head Scratching assembly of 250 Blaze?

love the video. i just got one of these e250 blaze bikes and it did not come with instructions on how to assemble from the crate. any way you can give me a link. or take close up photo,s as to how the front fender, speedo, ignition switch, blinker bars are attached. i,m new to this site. help from anyone is appreciated. thanks.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve80cam@yahoo.c View Post
love the video. i just got one of these e250 blaze bikes and it did not come with instructions on how to assemble from the crate. any way you can give me a link. or take close up photo,s as to how the front fender, speedo, ignition switch, blinker bars are attached. i,m new to this site. help from anyone is appreciated. thanks.
I'm out of town, I will be back tomorrow. I can send you pictures and I should have video also

Tags
blaze 250