Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemysa View Post
This is where I get confused. Renegade and Matrix.... are they brands or models?
United Motors Renegade 200cc Cruiser bike, and United Motors Matrix scooter.
Zongshen is the Manufacturer for United Motors, the Distributor for the Renegade Cruiser. I don't recall who manufactured the Matrix for United Motors. Honda would be nice, lol!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Pretty cool hybrid of sorts there!
Thanks Doc, that's why I bought it, doesn't fit the 'scooter' mold.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #18

Okay the matrix...
Isnt that a eaton?
I had a eaton beamer 50 and a eaton matrix 50 I know eaton is from tailand. Some would go as far to say eaton is quality similar to a honda or yamaha

Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsskibum View Post
Okay the matrix...
Isnt that a eaton?
I had a eaton beamer 50 and a eaton matrix 50 I know eaton is from tailand. Some would go as far to say eaton is quality similar to a honda or yamaha
The scooter is a United Motors Matrix XX 150cc. The fellow I bought it from told me he removed the '1' from the 150 so he would not get pulled over by the police. I agree with the quality. No sharp edges to cut mechanics hands in the engine compartment, nickel plating on the engine, switches that feel like quality, etc. I have owned quite a few Japanese bikes and the quality is just as good if not better. It's ride and handling is heads and shoulders above other Chinese scooters I have ridden. It will pull 60+mph with no problem, thanks to the 'aero' design. As you can tell, I love it.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemysa View Post
May I suggest a thread (possibly a sticky) that is a library of info on the Chinese bike industry in general, and specific brands when applicable.

For example, articles like this...
http://twofiftymag.com/2011/06/top-t...cle-companies/

I suggest this because its pretty hard for a newcomer to get a handle on what he's actually riding. Is it bike made by a serious motorcycle manufacturer? Or is it just a collection of assorted bits and pieces assembled by a sweatshop?

Any thoughts?

Maybe the more experienced members could also add their own articles to the knowledge bank.
BTW, I did not mean to 'hijack' your thread. As I said I think it's a great idea. The learning curve of the Chinese motorcycle industry can be daunting, even for old fart backyard mechanics like myself.