Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: What brand dual sport bike do you own?
Lifan 18 21.43%
Roketa 24 28.57%
JetMoto 2 2.38%
Alpine 1 1.19%
Kinroad 2 2.38%
Tank 1 1.19%
SunL 2 2.38%
Hummer 1 1.19%
Kazoma 2 2.38%
Other 31 36.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Whats your record for distance on a wheelie in that wide open space?

about 15 feet

Actually I suck at wheelies - I just took lots of pics while I was practicing :oops:

On the internet we are ALL wheelie gods!

Old 11-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #17

hey nice wheelie! Are you using any clutch to get the front up?

Where is the option for viva bikes!?

Old 11-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #18

best way to wheelie these bad boys is with weight shift and throttle - no clutch.

frankly it just doesn't have the HP to clutch a wheelie with my fat ass onboard! (280lbs dry)

my Nephew - now he wheelies with clutch - but he's twelve - and weighs about 80lbs!

me, I stand up - gas it - let the gas off while leaning forward to compress the front forks - then roll back on the gas while leaning back and up she comes!

if you can wheelie a bicycle you can wheelie this bad boy :-)

Old 11-18-2006, 05:04 AM   #19

Where is option for Viva?

Sorry it only allows for so many options on the poll and I cant get back in to edit it. Vote Other, and you did mention you have a Viva... Nice bike.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #20

Re: Roketa is leading

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandTrails
Looks like Roketa is taking the lead!!

Does that mean they have the most effective market penetration or just the most responsive to polls owners? The jury is out.. You other owners.. let us know what you own!! Post it in here if you cant figure out how to post it with your id.

New England Trails
Alpine in Yuma

My theory is that since these bikes are pretty much the same, and the Roketa has the lowest price through certain discount vendors, they will have the market penetration. Lifan grey-market dealers (i.e. T-Motorsports) are discounting their prices, too, so the actual Lifan product might give Roketa a run for the money. Funny enough, the market shifts every few months, and I feel like some sort of veteran already. If Zongshen starts selling their Sierra 200 for Lifan prices, you might see them taking over the market...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #21

thanks for the info! Omegaman, do you have the overhead cam motor?

Old 11-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin
Omegaman, do you have the overhead cam motor?
No idea - how would I tell?

Old 02-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #23

GETTING CAUGHT UP WITH NEW OWNERS

There are lots of new owners from what I have been reading lately, So please help me keep this poll up to date by taking the Poll!!

Lets see if Lifan can take the lead or Roketa surges forward!

Thanks for participating

NET

Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #24

We have two viva's VX200SX 2006 registered in Hawaii as Viva. We love our bikes. Ride hard and have FUN!!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
but who realy built all of them? and why do thay all look alike?
love from the big island

Old 02-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #26

For some reason. I got the impression from a post that Culcune may have written along time ago that Viva, Alpine and Sierra were somehow all related. I may be losing my mind.. Maybe if Culcune reads this he can shed a little light.

I wonder if the Central Chinese government provides blueprints to these bikes from their bureau of industry? Because these dual sports, regardless of the brand do seem to have a cookie cutter type pattern.

NET

Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandTrails
For some reason. I got the impression from a post that Culcune may have written along time ago that Viva, Alpine and Sierra were somehow all related. I may be losing my mind.. Maybe if Culcune reads this he can shed a little light.

I wonder if the Central Chinese government provides blueprints to these bikes from their bureau of industry? Because these dual sports, regardless of the brand do seem to have a cookie cutter type pattern.

NET
You have discovered the revered secret, and a spy sent from the Chinese government will asassinate you by morning.

Ok- I will try to shed some light from what I have sort of figured out. It seems that several of the brands are manufactured in Chongquing. I think that there are two big players in China; Lifan and Zongshen. I think that Lifan used to manufacture for several other brands, but has stopped to concentrate on their own line-up. Zongshen, from what I read somewhere, makes bikes for 9 different U.S.-labeled brands, although I think that figure has to be adjusted (I know that KPX no longer offer an enduro, or anything for that matter, and their bikes were manufactured by Zongshen).

I think that a couple of Chinese brands are manufactured by Zongshen as well, Shineray for one. I had been in contact with a Shineray rep a few months back who said they OEM for Terminator (Roketa), and BMX, but would not admit to Jetmoto which look nearly identical to Roketa. However, I suspect that they might buy bikes by the truckload from Zongshen, and market them as their own. Another theory is that one or more of the companies have excess manufacturing capacity, and simply slap together bikes for U.S. branded companies like Roketa or Jetmoto. Both Jetmoto and Roketa claim to have factories in China, so they would not be lying by saying they do, even if it is a corner of Zongshen.

Confused? I know I am. However, since the bikes use nearly identical parts, you don't always have to find replacements from the brand you originally bought it from.

(Alpine is a brand that is sold by Jetmoto. When I bought mine, I was told that as Jetmoto started to establish a dealer network, the dealers were complaining that the company itself was undercutting their sales via Ebay. So they came out with another brand that is really just a sticker job--the MCO and manufacturer's plate state Jetmoto as the brand. Lately, Jetmoto will not sell an Alpine from their headquarters, and state that Alpine is Raceway ATV's brand. Raceway take care of all the dealers east of the Mississippi River for Jetmoto distribution and sell Alpine on Ebay. I am pretty sure that you can no longer order Alpines from Jetmoto's headquarters in San Francisco, even though they ship them from there).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Nice riding there Omega! I have wheelied my TSM(Shineray) or is it a Zongshen. Jeez...no clue. My bike has no problems getting the front up, even with my fat butt, and will break the rear loose in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on hardpan. As Culcune can attest to, I'm always looking for places to ride and am only a short hop from Vegas down here in Apple Valley(2hrs). If I get my bikes up there, Ya'all want to do some riding?

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #29

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
I would vote in the poll, but alas my bike is not a DS.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #30

I am definitely on a Zongshen. It says so right on the side of the engine.

Seriously though, I just posted some realy big close ups of an oil change and exhaust work on the Sierra 200 in the miscellaneous section. If you suspect that you have a Zongshen re-brand the engine close-ups should help identify it.

Oil change;
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...iewtopic&t=895

Exhaust
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...iewtopic&t=896