Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #16

I see the dog pack is circling a new prey again, but of course in a Civilized and Mannerly fashion.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #17

Ease up people, give him the benefit of the doubt.

advt - sent you a pm.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #18

In one of my other hobbies (nitro r/c's) guys port and polish their engine's all the time. They make the intake and exhaust ports look like they have fangs instead of a straight flute. I've never done it but they claim it makes a huge difference. The vids I've seen make them pull much harder all the say thru the powerband, like they have "longer legs".

Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #19

I wanna see if this is something I can do and bust out my Dremel, I wanna see it documented, until then I am skeptical and I will eat my words once I see it, as will everyone else I'm sure...
Advt, you're still an a$$, go back to TT and tell them all about your new Jetmoto China bike, I don't think your going to find alot of help here, me and the rest of our Klatch are probably gonna go drink some beers, you're welcome to stay where you are.......

Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #20

I would think any dremel bits would be too small for our HUGE (lol) 200's. Our nitro piston's are the size of your finger so they fit nicely.

Lot of guys debate whether polishing is good or bad. Most of them say the mirror polish is worse than having is semi-rough making mor turbulance. I have no clue though.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
I wanna see if this is something I can do and bust out my Dremel, I wanna see it documented, until then I am skeptical and I will eat my words once I see it, as will everyone else I'm sure...
Advt, you're still an a$$, go back to TT and tell them all about your new Jetmoto China bike, I don't think your going to find alot of help here, me and the rest of our Klatch are probably gonna go drink some beers, you're welcome to stay where you are.......
Filling your Gut with Beer is probably about you can do.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #22

Come on guys, I mean really. We can all be tough online. Someone's got to just stop and let the whizzing war end.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 AM   #23

The Dremel isn't really the tool for a job like this. An air grinder works much better. A mirror finish is not the best either. Roughing it up to promote turbulence is much better. You want the air to be turbulent to keep the fuel atomized. It will pool on the intake walls if they are smooth.
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 05-17-2007, 06:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Filling your Gut with Beer is probably about you can do.
advt's account has been removed.

He's left his mark though, he's officially the first account to get removed that wasn't a spammer.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #25

I miss out on all the fun...

Old 05-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #26

Thanks Frosty, people like that don't belong here...

Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #27

I have never seen nor heard than any form of porting can be done with a Dremell. Not where near enough torque in one of those. JMO

On to the timing..how did you advance it"Killer888"?

From all the porting I have read up on with regards to intake wiork yes a semi rough surface is best..while on the exhaust you can polish to a mirror finsih to decrease carbin deposit build up a little bit.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #28

well i just got back from riding the bike and it's running better than before
i'll tell you guys every thing i didfirst i took the head off the bike, which i had to take all the motor mounts out but the bottom one, then i slid the engine forward and loosened up the valve cover and took it off then i took the rocker arms off and pulled the pushrods out then loosened up the 4 bolts that hold the head on plus the bolt on the left side of the engine.

then took the head off very carefully not to get dirt on the piston, then i scraped all the black deposit gunk off the piston and sanded it a little bit and wiped it off then covered that up with a cloth. then i placed the cylinder head on the bench took the valves out and started sanding the ports , the intake i sanded that in a cicular position then polished it with some of my special wax let it dry and wiped it clean on the exaust i just
sanded in and out then polished it and fter that turned on the air compressor and blew all of the sand out of both ports. the i took some sand paper and sanded the inside of the head all aroundand polished that
then put the valves back in and put the whole top part of the motor back together and bolted the engine back in place and put the plastics back on
then warmedher up and i had to adjust the air/throttle mixture and it's done when its idling it sounds like its got a big cam in it. she just whizzes through the gears now like butter.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiller888
when its idling it sounds like its got a big cam in it. she just whizzes through the gears now like butter.
So your saying since you did your "Port and Polish" work it now idles like a large cam with high lift, duration and lobe separation angle is not in it...like a 60's muscle car cam would sound?